CaS2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy I really need some chest help

Hello people,

This is my first post here, this is almost like the last next chapter of me trying to get good chest gains.

So I train pretty frequently, 5/6 days a week and I used to love chest day, getting that pump, feeling like I've really pushed my body and overall its one of those training days which I personally think gets the best soreness... and then... about 6 weeks ago I stopped getting that pump I enjoyed and that soreness I would usually get the day after was gone.

so every week I was now changing my routine switching it up and still nothing. So fast forward to today when I'm writing this I trained chest yesterday I tried some sets and reps from a YouTube channel called 'athleanx' and I know I pushed myself hard through that workout I was sweating my knackers off and I felt like I had really exhausted my pecs. I train at home and have a decent setup without a decline bench and cable machine to do like cable crossovers etc but overall the setup I have is sufficient I'd say.

When I train I start off with the flat bench press then onto my machine flys then I do my weighted dips, then I go for the incline dumbbell press then usually finish off with some incline bench or flat bench flys. I train each exercise for 5/6 sets I do drop sets, changing the weight and also I try some time under tension to really try and give these muscles hell but still nothing.

Do any of you have any advice or workout guidance, any exercises, sets and reps I should try? Is there any underrated exercises which I'm sleeping on which I need to do asap. Is there a set and rep range which I need to try? I just want my gains back so I'm looking for anything anyone has.

if I've missed any key information just fire away

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't chase soreness - it's not what causes muscle growth.

If your chest has stopped responding to your routine then either you need to intensify every set (closer to true failure) or increase the number of sets done per week.

It sounds from what you are saying that you only train it once each 5 sessions. Try adding another session into the rotation - so that the total sets per week is higher than it was before (but not double...)

CaS2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Don't chase soreness - it's not what causes muscle growth.

If your chest has stopped responding to your routine then either you need to intensify every set (closer to true failure) or increase the number of sets done per week.

It sounds from what you are saying that you only train it once each 5 sessions. Try adding another session into the rotation - so that the total sets per week is higher than it was before (but not double...)
    if I was to train chest twice a week would you advise maybe doing the second session with different weight etc on the exercises or keep it the same?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You can if you like. There may be some benefit to hypertrophy - but you should also be making consistent progress in your main compound lifts. Too much variety in exercises or rep ranges can prevent that.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CaS2000 View Post
    Hello people,

This is my first post here, this is almost like the last next chapter of me trying to get good chest gains.

So I train pretty frequently, 5/6 days a week and I used to love chest day, getting that pump, feeling like I've really pushed my body and overall its one of those training days which I personally think gets the best soreness... and then... about 6 weeks ago I stopped getting that pump I enjoyed and that soreness I would usually get the day after was gone.

so every week I was now changing my routine switching it up and still nothing. So fast forward to today when I'm writing this I trained chest yesterday I tried some sets and reps from a YouTube channel called 'athleanx' and I know I pushed myself hard through that workout I was sweating my knackers off and I felt like I had really exhausted my pecs. I train at home and have a decent setup without a decline bench and cable machine to do like cable crossovers etc but overall the setup I have is sufficient I'd say.

When I train I start off with the flat bench press then onto my machine flys then I do my weighted dips, then I go for the incline dumbbell press then usually finish off with some incline bench or flat bench flys. I train each exercise for 5/6 sets I do drop sets, changing the weight and also I try some time under tension to really try and give these muscles hell but still nothing.

Do any of you have any advice or workout guidance, any exercises, sets and reps I should try? Is there any underrated exercises which I'm sleeping on which I need to do asap. Is there a set and rep range which I need to try? I just want my gains back so I'm looking for anything anyone has.

if I've missed any key information just fire away
    Your gains come don't come from doing as much as you can during a chest day (4 exercises, 20-24 sets, drop sets) and trying to make your chest really sore. It comes from consistent progressive overload, which you don't mention as part of your routine.

As suggested above try 2 chest sessions/week, don't change your workout every week, and lower your volume overall but make sure you're giving a full effort each set. You'd probably have better gains doing closer to 12 hard sets of presses overall (broken into 2 sessions) than what you're doing now.

An easy solution would be to get on a proper, balanced routine based on progressive overload and not soreness. That likely would lead to overall growth including chest.

William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by CaS2000 View Post
    Hello people,

This is my first post here, this is almost like the last next chapter of me trying to get good chest gains.....
    Are you eating a sufficient quantity of proteins, carbs, and fats, with a consistent calorie surplus, adequate sleep and enough time to recover between workouts? Without them your body will not be able to grow and adapt.
    Last edited by William2018; 06-02-2020 at 04:30 PM.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How much has your bench increased in the last 3 months? 6 months?