victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Big biceps versus lifting weights

Suppose I grow my biceps doing something that does not involve dumbbells, for example, by doing weighted chin ups. Suppose they get considerable big. Will I then be able to lift heavy weights? Specifically, I'm thinking of holding my girlfriend in my arms. (She's not that fat, by the way Lol)

Or... does that necessarely require that I grow my biceps by lifting weights?

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The method you use to grow your biceps doesn't matter much, whether via isolations, compound lifts, or weighted calisthenics.

To simply hold your girlfriend in your arms won't require that much bicep strength specifically IMO. If you plan on engaging in activity that requires you to move her up and down while you hold her then bigger (stronger) biceps would be helpful.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Your body is a weight - so pullups is a weighted exercise

faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    well you should train full body instead of hard-focusing biceps

but yes, your biceps can (and will) grow without lifting weights at the gym
    positive crew

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    well you should train full body instead of hard-focusing biceps

but yes, your biceps can (and will) grow without lifting weights at the gym
    He's the complete package.

Originally Posted by victorfehr1 View Post
    I got bigger biceps. Now want big triceps.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorfehr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    He's the complete package.
    LOL
    yes, what I said in that thread is true. However I guess I will need more than a 2.5 cm increase.

ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If your main goal is to hold your gf in your arms, you'll still need a strong back, core, legs, shoulders, chest, and lower back. It's a mistake to focus on only one muscle/group.
    Currently running Candito-Nuckols hybrid:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1609096311#post1609096311

alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Despite what many say strength and size are highly correlated.

Also, your muscles don't know the difference between dumbells and bodyweight (though curls will isolate biceps while your back does most of the work in pullups)

Holding your girlfriend will require some amount of bicep strength but you're really better off just doing full body... don't want your lower back giving out as you hold her, do you?