Thread: Losing body fat

jvignacioboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Losing body fat

Hello,

Seeking some guidance. Im a male, age 35 and I’m currently on a 8 week challenge with my wife. I’m up to week 5 and currently weigh 78.9 kg and height is 179 cm. I started the challenge on 80.8kg so have lost around 1.9kg. My bodyfat went down aswell from 20.7% to 19.6%. The challenge comprises of counting macros and eating 2200 calories (40% carb, 35% protein and 25% fat). I also do about 3-4 walks a week around 8km each walk. I currently can’t do weight training as the gyms are closed due to COVID-19.

Every week I’ve been losing 600grams, 400 grams and 300 grams. Hoping to start losing more.

I’m seeking out guidance on how to start losing more body fat and weight faster. Or is the rate I’m going at a healthy rate? Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you
    jvignacio
    Last edited by jvignacioboy; 06-02-2020 at 06:46 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Eat less than 2200 calories. Or do more exercise. The first option is easier.

BTW, there is no good reason to hit exact percentages for macros. As long as you meet or exceed basic minimums for protein and dietary fat (these numbers are in grams, they are given in the sticky threads at the top of the page)

jvignacioboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Eat less than 2200 calories. Or do more exercise. The first option is easier.

BTW, there is no good reason to hit exact percentages for macros. As long as you meet or exceed basic minimums for protein and dietary fat (these numbers are in grams, they are given in the sticky threads at the top of the page)
    Thanks for your reply. Very quick! Do you recommend I drop 100 calories to around 2100 and monitor progress?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You can try that. I don't recommend exceeding 800g per week (i.e. 1% of your bodyweight)

Ideally you would do some weight training to prevent muscle loss. If you don't have weights, look at this link:

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/no-gym/