View Poll Results: Which should I buy based on my criteria

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Powerblock Pro 5-70

23 53.49%
  • Ironmaster 5-75

20 46.51%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Deep - Set is looking good. While they're sending you the decals, also ask them to send you another adhesive strip, they shouldn't have a problem with it.

Its actually supposed to slide down and sit inside that center part. That way when you drop the adder weights inside their holes, it doesn't scuff anything up. Pic attached (remove space):
    imgur.co m/a/KyAyQWh

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SemperDeus View Post
    Deep - Set is looking good. While they're sending you the decals, also ask them to send you another adhesive strip, they shouldn't have a problem with it.

Its actually supposed to slide down and sit inside that center part. That way when you drop the adder weights inside their holes, it doesn't scuff anything up. Pic attached (remove space):
    imgur.co m/a/KyAyQWh
    Thanks and that's good idea, I actually should also ask for an additional pair of adhesive strips for the sides facing inward as well.

SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10) SemperDeus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys, i wanted to post this in here as it seems like this has turned into good source of info on powerblocks. I looked everywhere for months for the home rack stand, and couldn't find one in stock. I eventually just gave up and purchased the powerblock large column stand. I was really hesitant to do this...the top review on amazon on the large column stand shows massive wobble, theres a guy on youtube who says this stand "is super unstable", some other reviews talk about how the base is made of plastic, etc. I was prepared for the worst....

Heres the truth. This stand barely moves. Either people are setting this on a non-flat surface, or they're building it wrong. 8 second of sway from a mere tap? Hahah, no...total nonsense. Is there some wobble, yes...but I used to have a full rack of dumbbells before and that stand (Troy 3-tier dumbbell rack) wobbled at least 3x as long as this stand. It's literally a non-issue.

grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    never used poweblocks, but I love my iron masters ( with 120 add on kit).
    love the handle thickness and love the flatness of the ends of the dumbbells, making it very easy to rest on the legs and get them into position for any type of pressing movement.
    can't beat the space ( or lack of) that the whole set occupies in the gym.
    I used to have a complete pro set of two racks of dumbbells. still no regrets selling them. took up much needed space i didn't have. Wasn't looking forward to moving them again when or if I sell my house someday.

Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    never used poweblocks, but I love my iron masters ( with 120 add on kit).
    love the handle thickness and love the flatness of the ends of the dumbbells, making it very easy to rest on the legs and get them into position for any type of pressing movement.
    can't beat the space ( or lack of) that the whole set occupies in the gym.
    I used to have a complete pro set of two racks of dumbbells. still no regrets selling them. took up much needed space i didn't have. Wasn't looking forward to moving them again when or if I sell my house someday.
    Good call on the space saving and keeping the IMs, after getting familiar with the PBs I like them for the rapid weight changes, but wouldn't sell my IMs neither and definitely want to add 120 and eventually 165 lb add on kit to complete my DB increments. To me it's a tie between the two.

I received my nice shiny new bubbled decal sticker from Powerblock today for the stand...

http://imgur.com/a/onTyZ67

thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've had my IronMasters 5-120 lb set now for well over a month and love them. I'm now certain I'll sell off my hex dumbbell set and get a 5-50 lb PowerBlock set. Probably the one without the adder weights, not too concerned with hitting 2.5 lb jumps in there. My wife may miss it, but she seldom works out with me anymore. I've been leaving the IMs with the add-on block so they just start at 55 lbs anyway. I still have my hex dumbbells on a two tier rack from 5-50. I just hate all the space they take up. I've had the PowerBlocks before, the older classic set from 5-85 lbs so I know what to expect and know their limitations. Just hoping for a second lock down with gym closures in my state of IL, so I can get top dollar for my hex dumbbells.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the PowerBlock Elite's 5-90 lbs.... I love them, however I don't like the 2.5 lbs adder weights, wish they were quicker to put in and out... they're not horrible - just annoying. Considering getting these platemates for them: https://www.amazon.com/PlateMate-Mic...7862472&sr=8-2

One another thing - because the Elites have that tighter grip its hard to do two handed pullovers unless you hold the outer bars (which is what I do) even though Powerblocks have explicity told me that they should only be held with the center handle. Also straps with them are legit impossible lol

Northernmoris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Northernmoris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Northernmoris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Northernmoris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Northernmoris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Northernmoris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Northernmoris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Northernmoris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Northernmoris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Northernmoris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Northernmoris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've probably owned more pairs than anyone else here. Not to sound cocky, I used to flip. At one time i had 7 sets of ironmasters at home with 2 sets of powerblocks. I always ended up using the powerblocks. Juat quicker. Quality wise wise just flip a coin.
    Attached Images
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    After being team ironmaster for so long, I had an offer I couldn’t refuse for them so I sold them. I bought a shiny new pair of powerblock pro 90’s. They are fantastic and I’m glad I made the switch.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was experimenting with my ironmasters the other week and found you can use olympic plates on the handles if you need more weight. The pins they use are crazy secure, when I can get some longer ones i'll be able to fit more than 3 plates a side, but for now this is a pretty nice bonus about them.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've owned several pairs of both and liked the IM better. I felt like I could drop them and they wouldn't damage(though I never did this) and also they worked well with power hooks for DB presses.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-