1 16.67%
  • 300-400 lbs

2 33.33%
  • 400-500 lbs

1 16.67%
  • Over 500 lbs

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Not gonna lie if someone managed to do that I’d be supremely impressed. Matter of fact, my dad still does that to this day, and he’s 66.
    Wow, your dad sounds like an alpha Beast! Good man

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    There is more than one way to get strong.
    I think Rip and his buddies have done a lot to promote promote training, practical programming for strength training (and related) are fantastic antidote to some of the "silly BS" out there. I just don't like that he seems to think that there are only two paths for getting stronger... his way, or no way
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post

I think Rip and his buddies have done a lot to promote promote training, practical programming for strength training (and related) are fantastic antidote to some of the "silly BS" out there. I just don't like that he seems to think that there are only two paths for getting stronger... his way, or no way
    Thank you, he actually is. Still breaks cinder blocks for fun. 6’2” and 300 lbs. I’m built like he is, my brothers didn’t get so lucky.

I do like some of Rip’a ideas, but not others. That is a long conversation for another time.

ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post

Oh he believes there are several paths to getting strong, specifically the squat, deadlift, bench press, press, and the power clean. You just have to do each one in one specific way only.
    Currently running Candito-Nuckols hybrid:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1609096311#post1609096311

Sun tzu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sun tzu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sun tzu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sun tzu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sun tzu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sun tzu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sun tzu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sun tzu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sun tzu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sun tzu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sun tzu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I liked the replies.

I suppose I can safely include myself in the bottom 5% in that demographic as relates to strength.
    "Is he an honest man? If he is, you should respect him and let him continue with his work. Is he weak? If it were so, it would not be brave thing to do to push a man who is falling."

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sun tzu View Post
    I liked the replies.

I suppose I can safely include myself in the bottom 5% in that demographic as relates to strength.
    With that attitude you will never get anywhere.. Smh

The numbers you hit in lp mean about f all really. Its a couple of months out of hopefully decades. Many many strong and jacked people finished lp before the 3/2/4 guidelines many suggest as 'intermediate'.

Novice lp lasts at most 10 weeks for most people before they need more workload..

Nut up and stop putting your self down. Half they game is mental.
    FHM T-Rex.