anonymous

Troubleshooting my painful back?

I am doing:

1 - Press ups

2 - Deep squats

3 - Ring Rows

4 - Deadlifts

This is my routine. Yet I notice the centre of my back bone is sore either side - this happens a lot. The pain mostly comes in bed at night and it is hard to lay on it.

Ring Rows.

I lean back at around 45% and pull myself up using back and arms. Could I be arching my back at the bottom and this could be issue?

Press ups.

I do these to complete failure. Can't see any reason they would cause pain?

Deep Squats. Split Lunges.

Bodyweight only - These are "challenging" I do around 5 sets of 8-10 then 1 set of split squats static dropping my knee to the floor, hand on hips, or on quads.

Deadlifts

I am not very good at them, I seem to be too tall for them and I only have an EZ bar - that has two 10kg on it - I occasionally do 10 Deadlifts to finish off a session. I bend my knees pick it up up thats it.

Other changes;

I used to hold a 10kg weight to my chest and deep squat but stopped doing that because this caused a massive pain in my side/ lower back almost excruciating in the night, I would literally yelp out. After stopping that exercise the pain went away. I was maybe twisting or something.

--

I would appreciate v much any work rounds or thoughts / advice?

Full Routine.

20 Min walk
    Press ups 5 x 10 = 50
    Ring Rows 5 x 8 = 40
    Squats 5/6 x 10 = 60
    Split Squat 1 x 20 = 10 each leg
    Deadlift 1 x 10 of 25KG.
    5 Min walk.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I would see a doctor. If you are having pain in your tail bone that occurs when lying down on it and this has been ongoing for awhile I think you may need imaging to evaluate for any bone abnormality (ie, bone cyst). If it's only been a couple of days and it isn't worsening then you can wait some time to see if it goes away on its own.

anonymous
    Hey and thanks for taking the time.

It is my spine however - the muscles each side of it or the cartilage rather than the coccyx.

Obviously I doubt any Drs will be interested in this at this moment I am sure it is some kind of strain thing.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It sounds like your form on some or all of your exercises may be bad, and that you already injured yourself pretty badly from your prior squats. Post videos doing your exercises if you want specific feedback.

BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    P.T Brah here.

Could be anterior pelvic tilt, lack of core strength, Technique.

You have no business doing deadlifts or weighted squats if you don't have these down to a T.

It's spinal degeneration you're feeling.

Don't do any squats or deadlifts until the pain is gone and get some coach to correct your form and posture before you may and well truly fk ur life up.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not a doctor here but you issue sounds like sciatica(lower area back/side).
    Anyone of those exercises you posted could cause that.
    Your best bet right now is to seek medical advise from a professional doctor,chiropractor or physical therapist.
    People here commenting are only speculating on your issue and are qualified to really do so even with good intensions.
    You need to be put through what ever tests,MRI/Xray and diagnosed properly preferably someone that works with athletes and knows the exercises you have done.
    Unfortunalty some doctors don't know much about training.
    Good luck to you.

anonymous
    Well I did wonder if it was something to do with my Call of Duty Posture - I sit on the sofa laying down with my back rounded for hours..... I sometimes notice a really sore pain in my neck area if I am playing for ages.

I also sit at my laptop and probably round my back - I failed to mention that. I apologise. I actually can note when I sit here and type if I sit up nice and engage my middle back it is such a relief feeling. Albeit hard work to sit like this. The pain is brought on by leaning forward I suppose it could feel like a sprain... its a bruised feeling like when you bang yourself.

Lockdown has not helped as I have been on my round kitchen chairs for 60 days every day for hours on end working

To be clear the "side of back midway down pain" is 100% due to the squatting with a plate. Hence I do not do that.

I trust doctors and people on here but not so much chiros - unless they are at the hospital. The collective wisdom on this forum is highly valuable. And can be life saving.

Not sure if it is degradation good shout tho....- as the symptoms are mostly tenderness down each side of the spinal column from the middle portion of the spine.

I could post my exercises but I am on 36 and not 50 ... w t a f...

anonymous
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    It sounds like your form on some or all of your exercises may be bad, and that you already injured yourself pretty badly from your prior squats. Post videos doing your exercises if you want specific feedback.
    I am pm you link so you can post!!!!!! thanks xxxxxx

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stormbitch View Post
    I am pm you link so you can post!!!!!! thanks xxxxxx
    Just post here with some spaces in the link, someone will fix the link for you or embed. As suggested above, you may also want to see a doc to have the underlying issue looked at too.

anonymous
    granted ref doctor... but there is NO WAY anyone can see a UK Dr right now... just not ever going to happen for months and months

You can't post with links and spaces I have tried

youtube dot com/watch?v=pQr0Ruxjqg4

granted ref doctor... but there is NO WAY anyone can see a UK Dr right now... just not ever going to happen for months and months
    If the pain keeps continuing try telemedicine if you have access, they may be able to walk you through some movements via video and make a preliminary assessment.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You can't post with links and spaces I have tried

I don't see anything particularly bad in your form. If you feel pain, it could be anything from an injury from a while ago flaring back up or some other undiagnosed issue.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

anonymous
    I wonder if should lean back a little more? Maybe hold some rope... the back is moving or leaning forward a bit.... ?

I will delete this soon - one never knows when one is going to show up and be found out on the internet... shocking looking at how slow my press ups are... but as an ill bloke - I am v grateful being able to smash something out - thanks to you lot mostly.... good advice on here.

I wonder if should lean back a little more? Maybe hold some rope... the back is moving or leaning forward a bit.... ?

I will delete this soon - one never knows when one is going to show up and be found out on the internet... shocking looking at how slow my press ups are... but as an ill bloke - I am v grateful being able to smash something out - thanks to you lot mostly.... good advice on here.
    I don't see anything that off with your form on any of your exercises that on their own would cause you constant back pain. However, if you have an existing injury or back soreness from poor sitting posture, exercising could aggravate it. Your tempo on pushups is fine, I like the ones with a slight pause at the top (not too long).

When you have a chance try to see a doc in person or via telemedicine, as they may be able to do a preliminary diagnosis and recommend some therapy to alleviate the issue even if there's no serious injury. And buy a seat cushion to help with your posture.