Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered User BigTimeOperator's Avatar
    BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bcl2 View Post
    Seems like it's a lot more in your face up north. I spent a lot of my childhood in NYS and people would be racist to your face with slurs and chit. In the South (Texas specifically but not sure if everyone considers that the south) it's whispered. Just my experience anyway.
    This is accurate, but there are different classes of black people. Of blacks and whites in the South, some are normal, but some don't realize how degenerate and stupid they are, so you have to walk on eggshells around them.

imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    Oh yeah you describe many white guys in the South to a tee. I definitely could see your point about racial tension dealing with those types and no place is perfect.

I still see white guys here in Austin have sort of similar hobbies and interests but they are mostly from the Midwest & West Coast.

IDK if I could live in LA or SF having heard some Black experiences and I do think diversity means different things for different people.

Where in the South do you live? You'd probably like somewhere like Atlanta or DC more. Virginia as a whole feels more up my alley in terms of a mix of Southern and Northern. Also there is a large Philipino population in VB.
    I actually live in ATL lol. The city is fine, but there's lots of old money kids that grew up in the suburbs, like Buckhead, Dunwoody, Brookhaven, etc. or up north from wealthier suburbs that bring their old world mentality with them and are insufferable. It could also be that I work at a smaller consulting firm and there's less diversity overall compared to a Big 4 firm or MBB. Don't get me wrong, I've still made some friends here, but I've noticed it's a lot harder than other cities. Another thing is people from the south tend to stay here, so it's harder to break into friend groups than other, more transient cities.

DC is baller, but I'm not sure I'd call it the South culturally. I'd say it's way more similar to the NE than the Southeast. I wouldn't mind living there at all if I can afford it.

Positive Mental Attitude Aristotelian's Avatar
    Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FoxMcCocks View Post
    Trying to quantify racism in different parts of the country? Debatable

But the idea that’s it’s “funny” that people think the south is more racist is stupid, it’s not funny it’s completely justified
    Your first sentence claim tends to contradict your second. If you're saying that it is justified to claim: "the south is more racist than the north" the very comparison you are making requires you to use a quantifiable basis. "More than".

On your first sentence though, I do agree that it is a bit silly to quantify. I take the OP's meaning to be 'there is racism all over the place - why do people think that the South is somehow the most problematic?' and I'd agree. So for me, that people would like to consider 'loading' this onto the south is laughable.

climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by imbeingcereal View Post
    I'm not an African-American, but as a Brown/Asian minority who has lived up North and in a couple of Southern cities, I can definitely confirm the South has much more racial tension than other cities I've been in. The fact is most people are fine in the modern world. The South just has a very "good old boy" culture and is full of old money people that have old fashioned views of the world.

Everybody here dresses exactly the same (brb, pastel polo and shorts or pastel OCBD and khakis), has the same exact hobbies (brb, golf and SEC football), and the people at the top are still WASPy white guys. At my firm, for example, the partners in my office are literally all white boomers that are descendants of old plantation owners or have family wealth whereas the partners in Chicago, NYC, LA, SF, etc. are still generally white, but I also see plenty of Asians/Indians and other minorities up there too. On top of that, people have more diverse interests besides stereotypical rich white dude hobbies.

IDK man. The south is great for economics/COL, but I want to GTFO of here ASAP.

How is it racist that a bunch of white guys are wealthy and like sec football and golf? I live in an area of the country with a LOT of asian/indians that have immigrated here(my old neighborhood is legit 70% indian). Most are wealthy as they are buying the 1 million dollar homes here. Guess what, they all dress the same, eat indian food, and play cricket in the local park,. All of the tech firms here are filled to the brim with indians. Many white and black people have left because its become hard to fit in here.

Is this not then racist as described above?

ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this is more of a failing culture in large urban centers than an issue of black and white people getting along.
    Dangerous neighborhoods breed violence, breed violent cops, breed all kinds of trouble.

Whale whale whale... FemaleWarriorxo's Avatar
    FemaleWarriorxo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FemaleWarriorxo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FemaleWarriorxo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FemaleWarriorxo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FemaleWarriorxo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FemaleWarriorxo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FemaleWarriorxo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FemaleWarriorxo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FemaleWarriorxo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FemaleWarriorxo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FemaleWarriorxo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Midwest is actually filled with it tbh

Detroit? Not as much as before. You mostly see it from northern people, or Ohio people that come visit.

Racism will always exist though. I’d prefer it to stick to name calling instead of calling cops, fighting, or anything in general that can impact a persons life.
    ⋆100+ lbs down⋆ ✦5’10”✦

〜(^∇^〜)HW 360lbs - CW 172lbs(〜^∇^)〜

Always taking a hiatus ಥ_ಥ

imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by climberbrah View Post
    How is it racist that a bunch of white guys are wealthy and like sec football and golf? I live in an area of the country with a LOT of asian/indians that have immigrated here(my old neighborhood is legit 70% indian). Most are wealthy as they are buying the 1 million dollar homes here. Guess what, they all dress the same, eat indian food, and play cricket in the local park,. All of the tech firms here are filled to the brim with indians. Many white and black people have left because its become hard to fit in here.

Is this not then racist as described above?
    It is potentially racist, yes. I call out brown dudes all the time for being insular/closed-minded towards people who don't fit their mold. There's nothing wrong with those things by themselves. The problem comes when people only associate with people who have their exact same personalities and struggle to accommodate other peoples' ideas and/or generalize other people because they don't fit their mold (i.e. the white guy thinking people who don't play golf/lax are working class stiffs or the Indian dude obsessed with cricket/Bollywood thinking white people are low IQ opioid addicts).

The South has this mentality in spades, which is why I called it out. The objects I called out weren't as important as the mentality it breeds, which was my greater point. There's much more diversity in ideas, interests, etc. in the North, which consequently makes it a more pleasant, cosmopolitan, and (IMO) less racist place to live.

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I live in a county in SC that is about 50/50 black/white. Sure there are some racists, but I've never witnessed open and hostile racism here in SC anywhere near what I've heard in Boston, NYC, Philly, etc...

Within 5 minutes of the first bar I stepped foot into in my first visit ever to Boston, many years ago, a guy says "Ahh so you are from South Carolina! You guys hate N-words too down there eh?!"

I'm like...

Stern Crew
    Golf Crew
    531FB Crew
    Peloton Crew

iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^lol made me think of this video

I know that there is still racial tension depends on where you go for SURE. Go outside of Atlanta and you will certainly see it. I lived in Alabama and it's there. The thing is it isn't just there. Some of the most covert racism goes on. I'm not saying it doesn't exist in the South but it's not just in the South.

Like I said I wouldn't go back to South Carolina again if I could help it lol and I have seen a lot of Confederate Flags in the Southeast. I saw them here once in TX.
    FWIW when I think of southern racism/racial tension, Texas doesn't come to mind. I'm usually thinking of states like Alabama, Mississippi, SC, etc.

I agree it's everywhere and diversity doesn't necessarily take care of the problem. However, I do think diversity exposes you to enough of a certain race to understand that not all are the same ie blacks who think all racists are white or whites who think all blacks are rapper thugs. And in the southern cities I've been in they are still segregated by race as opposed to being separated by socioeconomic status in diversified cities.
    Do not think that what is hard for you to master is humanly impossible; and if it is humanly possible, consider it to be within your reach.

kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Retoaded View Post
    I live in a county in SC that is about 50/50 black/white. Sure there are some racists, but I've never witnessed open and hostile racism here in SC anywhere near what I've heard in Boston, NYC, Philly, etc...

Within 5 minutes of the first bar I stepped foot into in my first visit ever to Boston, many years ago, a guy says "Ahh so you are from South Carolina! You guys hate N-words too down there eh?!"

I'm like...

Made me think of this

High energy poster

It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning.

Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BigTimeOperator View Post
    Most blacks and whites down south get along because they are so used to each other.
    Bingo.

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I actually live in ATL lol. The city is fine, but there's lots of old money kids that grew up in the suburbs, like Buckhead, Dunwoody, Brookhaven, etc. or up north from wealthier suburbs that bring their old world mentality with them and are insufferable. It could also be that I work at a smaller consulting firm and there's less diversity overall compared to a Big 4 firm or MBB. Don't get me wrong, I've still made some friends here, but I've noticed it's a lot harder than other cities. Another thing is people from the south tend to stay here, so it's harder to break into friend groups than other, more transient cities.

DC is baller, but I'm not sure I'd call it the South culturally. I'd say it's way more similar to the NE than the Southeast. I wouldn't mind living there at all if I can afford it.
    Oh yeah! Atlanta certainly has those sections. I don't fit in in Buckhead with the SEC guys there with their GFs who like old money. Brookhaven is aite.

You'd probably fare better in East Atlanta or Midtown. Atlanta is pretty LGBT friendly which is rare for the South so I'd assume it would be better for most POC in general. Thanks for your input.

I'm like...

Gawd damn! LMAO.
    “If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.”
    ― Swami Sivananda

Fulfilling Your Destiny Will Not Be Easy

#GetThatBag2020

climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It is potentially racist, yes. I call out brown dudes all the time for being insular/closed-minded towards people who don't fit their mold. There's nothing wrong with those things by themselves. The problem comes when people only associate with people who have their exact same personalities and struggle to accommodate other peoples' ideas and/or generalize other people because they don't fit their mold (i.e. the white guy thinking people who don't play golf/lax are working class stiffs or the Indian dude obsessed with cricket/Bollywood thinking white people are low IQ opioid addicts).

The South has this mentality in spades, which is why I called it out. The objects I called out weren't as important as the mentality it breeds, which was my greater point. There's much more diversity in ideas, interests, etc. in the North, which consequently makes it a more pleasant, cosmopolitan, and (IMO) less racist place to live.
    The South does not just have that mentality in spades, the whole world does. Asia is very closed knit and hard for a white person to assimilate. A black person would probably feel left out moving to Idaho or Utah since there are so few people with similar backgrounds.

Sounds like you are just calling out places that arent diverse coastal cities. It's not a south thing or a north thing. Try moving to New Hampshire or Vermont as an Indian and see how well you fit in there with the stuffy white folks that have vacation homes in maine and drive subarus everywhere.

It's not inherently bad for a place to be less diverse. People congregate with similar minded/cultural people.

Sounds like you are disappointed you haven't broke in with the rich white crowd there. (for the record, im of a certain religion that isnt welcomed in the south either so i have no self interest in defending the south)

Has the large black community there welcomed you with open arms to their social circles? Im gonna bet you have very little interest(because you likely just associate with white/asians).

sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    When there have been race riots in LA after Rodney King, Detroit which displaced many people, and now in Minnesota.

When my GF moved to Texas her cousins in Minnesota said "Aren't there a lot of racists there?" LOL please tell us how so enlightened and progressive the rest of the US is

This just proves that racial tension permeates throughout the US and not one region. Maybe people will calm their pompous attitudes down now.
    Bro according to Biden you ain't black so you can no longer speak on racism and black issues anymore.

Also I love the south

Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I'm like...

Damn, dude just expected you to be cool with that because you're Southern?

I felt more uncomfortable during my brief stint in ND than I ever did back home. SC Is fukkin dope.

Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BigTimeOperator View Post
    Most blacks and whites down south get along because they are so used to each other.
    This is true, I live so far south I can throw a rock in the Gulf of Mexico. Louisiana crew.

We don’t have time for that chit.

Too busy hunting and fishing, makin shine and chit

Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Racism talks are always interesting to me but I never know how to contribute to the conversation. I just turned 42 and have a career that has me traveling all over the country, and I can accurately say that my exposure to any type of racism has been minimal at best. Not to say I've never seen it anywhere, but at my age I've seen examples of almost everything by now so you start to bucket things as "common" or 'uncommon." In my experiences, racism is incredibly uncommon, so I'm not able to conceive where or how the daily, systemic, racism is taking place. Maybe it's due the to the path I've carved...I don't know.
    "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid."

"I don't know how I'm going to win, I just know I'm not going to lose."

MFC

Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ITT

White people do a thing > Racist

Anyone else do any other thing > just those people doing those things.

kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Suit View Post
    ITT

Where did you read that all white people are racist, or that racism towards white people is ok? I feel like you didn't actually read any of the comments in the thread.
    High energy poster

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ITT

C'mon man you're smarter than that.
    “If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.”
    ― Swami Sivananda

Fulfilling Your Destiny Will Not Be Easy

#GetThatBag2020

Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I will say that people that feel that way down south are more open about it. People up north at least from my experience, if they feel that way, don't outwardly say it to you.. but will say it behind your back or within confidence of others. People in the south will just tell it to your face

DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jaydawg08 View Post
    I will say that people that feel that way down south are more open about it. People up north at least from my experience, if they feel that way, don't outwardly say it to you.. but will say it behind your back or within confidence of others. People in the south will just tell it to your face
    Do you steal all your material from Dave chapelle or just this?

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post
    Damn, dude just expected you to be cool with that because you're Southern?

I felt more uncomfortable during my brief stint in ND than I ever did back home. SC Is fukkin dope.
    Yeah that is exactly the vibe I got. He thought we liked hockey too now because "Carolina has a team". I said dude Raleigh is 4 hours from where I live, that is like you liking the New York Rangers. Dude goes Fuk New York!
    Stern Crew
    Golf Crew
    531FB Crew
    Peloton Crew

Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Suit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not an African-American, but as a Brown/Asian minority who has lived up North and in a couple of Southern cities, I can definitely confirm the South has much more racial tension than other cities I've been in. The fact is most people are fine in the modern world. The South just has a very "good old boy" culture and is full of old money people that have old fashioned views of the world.

Everybody here dresses exactly the same (brb, pastel polo and shorts or pastel OCBD and khakis), has the same exact hobbies (brb, golf and SEC football), and the people at the top are still WASPy white guys. At my firm, for example, the partners in my office are literally all white boomers that are descendants of old plantation owners or have family wealth whereas the partners in Chicago, NYC, LA, SF, etc. are still generally white, but I also see plenty of Asians/Indians and other minorities up there too. On top of that, people have more diverse interests besides stereotypical rich white dude hobbies.

IDK man. The south is great for economics/COL, but I want to GTFO of here ASAP.
    Oh yeah you describe many white guys in the South to a tee. I definitely could see your point about racial tension dealing with those types and no place is perfect.

I still see white guys here in Austin have sort of similar hobbies and interests but they are mostly from the Midwest & West Coast.

IDK if I could live in LA or SF having heard some Black experiences and I do think diversity means different things for different people.

Where in the South do you live? You'd probably like somewhere like Atlanta or DC more. Virginia as a whole feels more up my alley in terms of a mix of Southern and Northern. Also there is a large Philipino population in VB.
    Originally Posted by kingmanaverage View Post
    People are saying the south is more racist, but surely wouldn't there be more racism in places like North Dakota, Montana, or Maine where the minority is virtually nonexistent vs somewhere like Texas or Tenessee where people of all races intermingle regularly?
    Originally Posted by kingmanaverage View Post
    Where did you read that all white people are racist, or that racism towards white people is ok? I feel like you didn't actually read any of the comments in the thread.
    C'mon man you're smarter than that.
    White people dress a way, racist.

White people play golf, racist.

White people have hobbies, must be racists.

White people live in a majority white area, probably full of racists.

The irony of you retarded and ignorant racists.

Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaydawg08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DubSilky View Post
    Do you steal all your material from Dave chapelle or just this?
    Lol people can have the same opinion and draw the same conclusion after years of experience

GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It seemed like more of an issue in Chicago and Philly than anywhere I've been in NC.

The pressures of a being in a big city drive that imo...
    (oO) That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    /||\ And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deamon flautists: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164323341

Fall for Judo:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177729661

Happy days to you and yours.

White people dress a way, racist.

White people play golf, racist.

White people have hobbies, must be racists.

White people live in a majority white area, probably full of racists.

The irony of you retarded and ignorant racists.
    How was my question racist? My presumption is that racism is likely to be higher in areas where people have less interaction/no with others of another race, and so they're more likely to make incorrect assumptions about what these people are like.

I would also presume there's more likely to black racism towards white/Latino people in areas like Baltimore or Detroit where black people don't interact with other races much vs somewhere like Miami or Houston where you have everyone interacting with each other.
    High energy poster

Pedicabo ego vos et irrum A-GAME's Avatar
    A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's amazing watching people get so caught up in their communities without taking into consideration how big the planet is and what other places are like. How can people be so ignorant? Have you ever been overseas or read a history book? Do you know any people from other races or even outside your community?

Racism exists everywhere, and when people speak about racism as if they are oppressed it really makes me cringe lmao. You fukking snowflakes have no idea what other people experience because you are too busy dwelling in oceans of tears and ignorant self pity. It's astounding.

(I'm referring to anyone that thinks they are special because they experience some racism).
    "Systemic racism" is a term used by liars and cowards to hide the failures of left-wing policies....

Sal29 Sal29 Sal29 Sal29 Sal29 Sal29 Sal29 Sal29 Sal29 Sal29 Sal29
    The south is more racist.
    I remember that after Obama was elected they did research to show where the n word and other racial slurs directed at the President came from on social media, and the South had the greatest concentration of racists in the US.
    When a Feminist asks me what my view on Lesbian Relationships is,
    I always answer by saying "I usually view them in 4K Ultra High Definition".