Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

It's funny that people think the South is a bastion for racism.

When there have been race riots in LA after Rodney King, Detroit which displaced many people, and now in Minnesota.

When my GF moved to Texas her cousins in Minnesota said "Aren't there a lot of racists there?" LOL please tell us how so enlightened and progressive the rest of the US is

This just proves that racial tension permeates throughout the US and not one region. Maybe people will calm their pompous attitudes down now.
    Last edited by sword_; 05-30-2020 at 09:15 AM.
    “If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.”
    ― Swami Sivananda

Fulfilling Your Destiny Will Not Be Easy

#GetThatBag2020

Utilisateur Enregistré WishIWasJawBrah's Avatar
    WishIWasJawBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishIWasJawBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishIWasJawBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishIWasJawBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishIWasJawBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishIWasJawBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishIWasJawBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishIWasJawBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishIWasJawBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishIWasJawBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishIWasJawBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well from a historical perspective you could say it is

Registered User BigTimeOperator's Avatar
    BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Most blacks and whites down south get along because they are so used to each other.

Leonydus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leonydus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leonydus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leonydus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leonydus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leonydus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leonydus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leonydus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leonydus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leonydus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leonydus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WishIWasJawBrah View Post
    Well from a historical perspective you could say it is
    I mean I get it but people moved to other parts of the US. It's just different forms of racism.

What that woman did to that Black man in Central Park is worse than someone calling you the N word in Alabama driving on the road. I'd much prefer neither but just my perspective.
    “If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.”
    ― Swami Sivananda

#GetThatBag2020

FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah bruh it’s not like the south literally tried to secede from America because they wanted to continue enslaving black people

Can’t imagine why people would associate the south with racism

CGatto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CGatto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CGatto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CGatto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CGatto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CGatto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CGatto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CGatto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CGatto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CGatto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CGatto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I moved to South Carolina and have been here for almost 5 years after living in New York state for 25+ years, and I think it's safe to say northerners are more overtly racist.

PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PushupBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Was just thinking this the other day.
    Always hear people from up north ask how racist people are down south.

Doesn't look like the regions are much different.
    Bench - 315lbs
    Squat - 365lbs
    Deadlift- 500lbs

-Girl didn't believe I was a virgin my first time crew
    -WRECKING CREW

HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FoxMcCocks View Post
    Yeah bruh it’s not like the south literally tried to secede from America because they wanted to continue enslaving black people

Come to the south, see how nice we can be
    Deshaun Watson Crew
    Houston Sign Stealers
    Houston Rockets
    HOUSTON ROUGHNECKS CREW

XOTWOD CREW

Misc Sneakerhead Crew

Jussell Hardbrook Crew

new ig: @fatboyhm

But it's arrogant that racial tension in other parts of the US aren't bad in other states.

Even in very progressive cities Blacks are pushed out of their communities whereas in the Southeast its offers a better opportunity for them to prosper.

Originally Posted by CGatto View Post
    I moved to South Carolina and have been here for almost 5 years after living in New York state for 25+ years, and I think it's safe to say northerners are more overtly racist.
    I'll say I wouldn't live in South Carolina again haha.
    ― Swami Sivananda

#GetThatBag2020

Registered User BigTimeOperator's Avatar
    BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigTimeOperator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    and have we fallen for Yankee revisionist History?

FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FoxMcCocks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    But it's arrogant that racial tension in other parts of the US aren't bad in other states.

Even in very progressive cities Blacks are pushed out of their communities whereas in the Southeast its offers a better opportunity for them to prosper.

I'll say I wouldn't live in South Carolina again haha.
    Trying to quantify racism in different parts of the country? Debatable

But the idea that’s it’s “funny” that people think the south is more racist is stupid, it’s not funny it’s completely justified

jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I haven’t spent a lot of time in the north but hear this repeatedly from people who move here(SC) from up north. I was talking to a guy who recently moved down from Illinois who said where he came from it was half white and half Mexican with two very distinct parts of town, oNe for whites and one for Hispanics. One of my good friends who is a black guy who grew up in Detroit said the same thing about his hometown in the same conversation. Apparently things are pretty much sectioned off everywhere up there. Obviously there are areas like that here as well but I guess it isn’t nearly as widespread and apparent as it is up there. Or at least according to lots of people who have moved down from up there because like I said I haven’t spent a lot of time up there. I know a large percentage of the population in the south is black so I think we’re just used to always interacting with each other.
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew

MiscInformed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscInformed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscInformed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscInformed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscInformed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscInformed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscInformed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscInformed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscInformed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscInformed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscInformed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The civil war wasn't fought over slavery. There were many issues coming to a head concurrently and slavery was one of them, but it was a secondary issue. Real historians settled this issue generations ago. Only in the past 50 years, with the complete takeover of government run schools by cultural marxists, has the "slavery is America's original sin" agenda been hammered into the mushy brains of children who now believe it to be the sole and overriding motivation for the conflict. Pick up some real history books and learn about what was going on before, during, and after the war. You might finally learn something.

The south is definitely nothing like the way the urban northern elites in Hollyweird and Manhattan like to portray it in books and movies. That portrayal is pure propaganda and dates back to the reconstruction period.
    "Thus, a good man, though a slave, is free; but a wicked man, though a king, is a slave. For he serves, not one man alone, but what is worse, as many masters as he has vices." - St. Augustine of Hippo

LTC crew, TN crew, STEM crew, MAGA crew, Catholic crew, AP7 crew, "pineapple on pizza" crew

Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    I mean I get it but people moved to other parts of the US. It's just different forms of racism.

What that woman did to that Black man in Central Park is worse than someone calling you the N word in Alabama driving on the road. I'd much prefer neither but just my perspective.
    Seems like it's a lot more in your face up north. I spent a lot of my childhood in NYS and people would be racist to your face with slurs and chit. In the South (Texas specifically but not sure if everyone considers that the south) it's whispered. Just my experience anyway.

MountainLion84 is a name known to all. (+5000) MountainLion84 is a name known to all. (+5000) MountainLion84 is a name known to all. (+5000) MountainLion84 is a name known to all. (+5000) MountainLion84 is a name known to all. (+5000) MountainLion84 is a name known to all. (+5000) MountainLion84 is a name known to all. (+5000) MountainLion84 is a name known to all. (+5000) MountainLion84 is a name known to all. (+5000) MountainLion84 is a name known to all. (+5000) MountainLion84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Higher belief in god, community and family = Higher belief in treating humans decently

Lefty States are full of people with none of the above

iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iamdetermined is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It is a bastion for racism though. I moved from the city to Northwest Florida aka Alabama and there was a big difference in racial tension. It's not tangible but it's definitely in the air. There was strong difference in the way white people treated me and perceived me. With some (the poor uneducated ones) they'd even look at you so hatefully. One redneck brah got so mad when I left the poverty call center for a corporate position. Something I NEVER experienced in the city. Likewise the southern blacks are some of the most racist people I know. Like damn near KKK levels of hate towards white people. I had to call them out on it.

Whereas in SoFlo, which is more "Yankee-ish", everybody got along. Sure there were a few that harbored racist sentiments but for the most part we were colorblind. So much so that the n-word wasn't even a big deal, everyone said it even in front of black people (no hard er obviously). You probably just got used to the racial tension but the South definitely has its problems in race relations...moreso than the rest of the US.
    Do not think that what is hard for you to master is humanly impossible; and if it is humanly possible, consider it to be within your reach.

Mercworx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mercworx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mercworx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mercworx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mercworx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mercworx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mercworx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mercworx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mercworx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mercworx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mercworx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've found that black Americans and white Americans have more of a dialogue in the south. The communities appear more intermixed as well.

When asked what the difference between a poor black southern and a poor white southern was the great Thomas Sowell responded "color".

You have to go back boyo. We have enough yankees down here.

j/k
    Defend the Republic!
    MAGA

Trying to quantify racism in different parts of the country? Debatable

But the idea that’s it’s “funny” that people think the south is more racist is stupid, it’s not funny it’s completely justified
    Well I will say that I'd rather live in Atlanta which is in the heart of the deep south than some "progressive" city like Minnesota or LA.

Guess where this photo was taken? It was in Boston, another incredibly racist city.

While you may find it justifiable to talk about the South to say that racism is just a problem in the South it is very obtuse and ignorant to say. Also it ignores many aspects of race issues in American History.

Originally Posted by Bcl2 View Post
    Seems like it's a lot more in your face up north. I spent a lot of my childhood in NYS and people would be racist to your face with slurs and chit. In the South (Texas specifically but not sure if everyone considers that the south) it's whispered. Just my experience anyway.
    What race are you?
    ― Swami Sivananda

#GetThatBag2020

BTW to FoxMcCocks point YES there are things like Alabama voting against interracial marriage and much of the Civil Rights Movement was fought in the South where most blacks lived so things like segregation and police brutality was a hot topic.

I'm arguing today that these issues exist and they have metastasized in different forms and extend outside of just more than one region.

Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    I've found that black Americans and white Americans have more of a dialogue in the south. The communities appear more intermixed as well.

When asked what the difference between a poor black southern and a poor white southern was the great Thomas Sowell responded "color".
    Yeah but some Southern Blacks and Whites still see a difference. We have similar cultures (much of African American culture is Southern culture). We still have a ways to go!
    ― Swami Sivananda

#GetThatBag2020

MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MediocreGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My guess is that the South is much more used to dealing with racial tensions. And as other posters have pointed out, it's more integrated and has a larger black population. Cities like Los Angeles are fairly segregated in reality.

I never lived in the South though and only visited large cities like New Orleans, so I'm merely taking other people's word for it.

Originally Posted by iamdetermined View Post
    It is a bastion for racism though. I moved from the city to Northwest Florida aka Alabama and there was a big difference in racial tension. It's not tangible but it's definitely in the air. There was strong difference in the way white people treated me and perceived me. With some (the poor uneducated ones) they'd even look at you so hatefully. One redneck brah got so mad when I left the poverty call center for a corporate position. Something I NEVER experienced in the city. Likewise the southern blacks are some of the most racist people I know. Like damn near KKK levels of hate towards white people. I had to call them out on it.

Whereas in SoFlo, which is more "Yankee-ish", everybody got along. Sure there were a few that harbored racist sentiments but for the most part we were colorblind. So much so that the n-word wasn't even a big deal, everyone said it even in front of black people (no hard er obviously). You probably just got used to the racial tension but the South definitely has its problems in race relations...moreso than the rest of the US.
    I know that there is still racial tension depends on where you go for SURE. Go outside of Atlanta and you will certainly see it. I lived in Alabama and it's there. The thing is it isn't just there. Some of the most covert racism goes on. I'm not saying it doesn't exist in the South but it's not just in the South.

Like I said I wouldn't go back to South Carolina again if I could help it lol and I have seen a lot of Confederate Flags in the Southeast. I saw them here once in TX.
    ― Swami Sivananda

#GetThatBag2020

imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000) imbeingcereal is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not an African-American, but as a Brown/Asian minority who has lived up North and in a couple of Southern cities, I can definitely confirm the South has much more racial tension than other cities I've been in. The fact is most people are fine in the modern world. The South just has a very "good old boy" culture and is full of old money people that have old fashioned views of the world.

Everybody here dresses exactly the same (brb, pastel polo and shorts or pastel OCBD and khakis), has the same exact hobbies (brb, golf and SEC football), and the people at the top are still WASPy white guys. At my firm, for example, the partners in my office are literally all white boomers that are descendants of old plantation owners or have family wealth whereas the partners in Chicago, NYC, LA, SF, etc. are still generally white, but I also see plenty of Asians/Indians and other minorities up there too. On top of that, people have more diverse interests besides stereotypical rich white dude hobbies.

IDK man. The south is great for economics/COL, but I want to GTFO of here ASAP.

jlick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would say as a whole we have moved past "systematic" racism. In fact, we have effectively outlawed it as a country. Just look at george floyd for example. this whole country was outraged at what that scummy (ex) cop did. Not a single person supports what he did. They were fired on the spot, and now he's getting charged with murder.

Yes there are still a lot of bigots out there, and the come in all shapes and colors, but those bigots hold no power over anyone here in america. I've seen some threads about people complaining about racism. that they walk down the street and someone yells something "racist" to them. yeah, that sucks and it's not right, but someone yelling something at your doesn't effect your life in any way unless you let it.

On the flip side, we have systems in place that are supposed to combat racism, but many have argued that they do more harm than good, as is often the case with governent intervention. Look at affirmative. Thomas Sowell has argued (with evidence) that affirmative action actually does more harm to poor black people than good. for example, when it comes to scholarships and admittance, it's the more well-to-do black people that benefit from those kind of programs. Black kids who's parents went to college, who know how to apply for schools, grants and scholarships are taking all the spots in the affirmative action. meanwhile, the less well to do black people are getting left in the dust because they are going to a worse school and they don't get the information passed along to them how they can access these programs. who needs a scholarship more, a black person who's parents both work white collar jobs full time, or the son of a single black mom? who do you think is getting into college more often? i don't know how to fix the problem, but its something important to think about.

Or look at the minimum wage laws. these are supposed to help poor people, but in reality what they do is harm the poorest of the poor. if the government or state requires a high minimum wage, who is an employer going to chose to hire- a person with lots of proven work experience, or someone with no work experience? You will see that in areas with the highest minimum wages, black people have the highest unemployment rates.

And that's the problem with leftism. they try to create equal outcomes where as the conservative tries to create equal opportunities.
    -You are only as strong as your weakest link-

Originally Posted by imbeingcereal View Post
    I'm not an African-American, but as a Brown/Asian minority who has lived up North and in a couple of Southern cities, I can definitely confirm the South has much more racial tension than other cities I've been in. The fact is most people are fine in the modern world. The South just has a very "good old boy" culture and is full of old money people that have old fashioned views of the world.

Everybody here dresses exactly the same (brb, pastel polo and shorts or pastel OCBD and khakis), has the same exact hobbies (brb, golf and SEC football), and the people at the top are still WASPy white guys. At my firm, for example, the partners in my office are literally all white boomers that are descendants of old plantation owners or have family wealth whereas the partners in Chicago, NYC, LA, SF, etc. are still generally white, but I also see plenty of Asians/Indians and other minorities up there too. On top of that, people have more diverse interests besides stereotypical rich white dude hobbies.

Oh yeah you describe many white guys in the South to a tee. I definitely could see your point about racial tension dealing with those types and no place is perfect.

I still see white guys here in Austin have sort of similar hobbies and interests but they are mostly from the Midwest & West Coast.

IDK if I could live in LA or SF having heard some Black experiences and I do think diversity means different things for different people.

Where in the South do you live? You'd probably like somewhere like Atlanta or DC more. Virginia as a whole feels more up my alley in terms of a mix of Southern and Northern. Also there is a large Philipino population in VB.
    ― Swami Sivananda

#GetThatBag2020

climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) climberbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Remember when there were massive draft riots in NYC because the white working class citizens there refused to fight a war to free slaves in the south. They even hung and lynched several black nyc free citizens (and then lit them on fire). They also attacked and lit on fire a black orphanage(thankfully the kids escaped last minute). About 200 people died.

Pepperidge farm remembers.

kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingmanaverage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    People are saying the south is more racist, but surely wouldn't there be more racism in places like North Dakota, Montana, or Maine where the minority is virtually nonexistent vs somewhere like Texas or Tenessee where people of all races intermingle regularly?
    High energy poster

It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning.

HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by imbeingcereal View Post

Lmao at what you said about the way people dress. True
    Deshaun Watson Crew
    Houston Sign Stealers
    Houston Rockets
    HOUSTON ROUGHNECKS CREW

XOTWOD CREW

Misc Sneakerhead Crew

Jussell Hardbrook Crew

new ig: @fatboyhm

BaySeaAnd is a name known to all. (+5000) BaySeaAnd is a name known to all. (+5000) BaySeaAnd is a name known to all. (+5000) BaySeaAnd is a name known to all. (+5000) BaySeaAnd is a name known to all. (+5000) BaySeaAnd is a name known to all. (+5000) BaySeaAnd is a name known to all. (+5000) BaySeaAnd is a name known to all. (+5000) BaySeaAnd is a name known to all. (+5000) BaySeaAnd is a name known to all. (+5000) BaySeaAnd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not sure i'd call MN riots "race riots" but I guess thinking on it they are sort of about that. We don't know why that officer used a dangerous technique and murdered a dude, it could have been racially motivated and/or he is just an ******* who doesn't know what he's doing.

The riots that happened.. I don't even know what to say honestly. Its like theres a bunch of people out here protesting the killing, which is respectable, and then a group of kids/idiots who just want to break **** for fun. I have a hard time saying that looting a target for a playstation or TV, and liquor stores for some bottles, has anything to do with racial issues. Its just people wanting to break **** and steal.

I do agree with the overall point tho, a lot of southern places have huge black populations. Georgia has tons of black people. Last time I went to alabama I flew through ATL and was like holy ****, there more black people here than MPLS. Mpls is a pretty diverse city by the way.

78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A friend of mine just moved up to Bumfukk Wisconsin last year, he told me recently that after 34 years of living in Texas (except for a 4 year stint in the military) he's witnessed more racism in 6 months up there than a lifetime down here...
    Permabulk/bloatlord Crew