Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100)

Kettlebells are the truth

No CrossFit, but kettlebells in general are one of the most beneficial peices of equipment to use as a staple for training. I spun my wheels chasing powerlifting PRs for a decade and never thought twice about using kettlebells because I thought they were a CrossFit thing. Being bloated and strong is stupid, unhealthy, and bad not your joints. I would rather build conditioning and hypertrophy at the Same time, be athletic, and have strength that actually carries over to real life. Currently doing a kettlebell specific program with a strength movement thrown into the rest periods and I’ve never felt better. Kettlebell training takes real grit and discipline in every workout. It’s a shame covid has put a dent on kettlebell purchases, they are sold out everywhere, but on the plus side they should be cheap on Craigslist in a month or two (or maybe only two weeks)

messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    kettlebells are the most useless garbage invented lol.

KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100) KTMbraaap is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by messomi View Post
    Yeah man that’s a great story with some solid info to back up your claim

Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a 35lber and 53lber I picked up from Rogue this month when they restocked. I love doing kettlebell swings and goblet squats with them. Gonna start working on doing snatches with them soon.

I'm still following a powerlifting style approach trying to get my main lifts up. So I normally do a 5x3 on bench, squat, or deadlift. And then play around with the kettlebells after I get those sets out of the way.

quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They’re okay. Would rather spend $200 on 70/80/90lb dumbbells tbh

These selecttech 552s can’t displace heavy dumbbell work, then again I can’t drop dumbbells in my home gym so probably for the best I don’t have them

blindsideflank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blindsideflank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blindsideflank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blindsideflank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blindsideflank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blindsideflank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blindsideflank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blindsideflank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blindsideflank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blindsideflank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blindsideflank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Andy Bolton would do kettlebells for his deadlift so I wouldn’t say useless.
    "Grow up Harriet"

Originally Posted by Unstumpable View Post
    I have a 35lber and 53lber I picked up from Rogue this month when they restocked. I love doing kettlebell swings and goblet squats with them. Gonna start working on doing snatches with them soon.

I'm still following a powerlifting style approach trying to get my main lifts up. So I normally do a 5x3 on bench, squat, or deadlift. And then play around with the kettlebells after I get those sets out of the way.
    How soon after they restocked did you order? I tried to order some a few hours after they restocked and they were sold out again. Try the Dan Johns 10k swing challenge. It will definitely benefit your deadlift

stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Has anyone read or gone through the Kettlebell Simple & Sinister book/routine by Pavel Tsatsouline?

Just picked up the book and it should be in today, I’m looking for a new way to work out from home so hoping this will give me the info I need.

Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KTMbraaap View Post
    How soon after they restocked did you order? I tried to order some a few hours after they restocked and they were sold out again. Try the Dan Johns 10k swing challenge. It will definitely benefit your deadlift
    Probably 10 minutes after. I've been on the homegym subreddit, and just have been refreshing their weekly thread constantly. They always post as soon as any new stocks come in. I'm pretty much done with my home gym now. Just ordered some powerblock dumbbells yesterday which was the final piece I needed.

Also if you're on google chrome. Download "Distill Web Monitor" it allows you to select parts of a webpage like kettlebells on rogue for instance. Select the part of the page where it says "notify me". You can set it to refresh every 30 seconds and you'll get alerted when it comes in stock. It's a game changer.

managed to snag all of that through those methods lol. And I'll check that program out.

Raylan is a name known to all. (+5000) Raylan is a name known to all. (+5000) Raylan is a name known to all. (+5000) Raylan is a name known to all. (+5000) Raylan is a name known to all. (+5000) Raylan is a name known to all. (+5000) Raylan is a name known to all. (+5000) Raylan is a name known to all. (+5000) Raylan is a name known to all. (+5000) Raylan is a name known to all. (+5000) Raylan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ι was reading about that challenge on t-nation a few days ago, how is it going so far OP? Did you just gain endurance and lose bodyfat? Did you lose any strength on your other lifts?

Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shortfuze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like kettllebells. I bought the adjustable kettlebell handle for flexibility. It can hold up to 100 lbs.
    *Simplicty is the key to life*

Thanks ZBlacktt for the mod rep!
    Thanks ForumSentinel for the admin rep!
    Thanks Gxp23 for the mod rep!
    Thanks 400LB Gorilla for the mod rep!
    Thanks CountryMike for admin rep!
    Thanks Nics1246 for mod rep!

I got married on August 24, 2013!!
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Originally Posted by Raylan View Post
    Ι was reading about that challenge on t-nation a few days ago, how is it going so far OP? Did you just gain endurance and lose bodyfat? Did you lose any strength on your other lifts?
    Yes I lost body fat and my core is more visible because it directly works your core along with losing body fat. Not sure how it affected my other lifts, I haven’t done sqyat/bench/DL in a long time. But with swings the way they work your posterior chain, glutes, hamstrings and core have to be beneficial to DL

Originally Posted by stillbored View Post
    Has anyone read or gone through the Kettlebell Simple & Sinister book/routine by Pavel Tsatsouline?

Just picked up the book and it should be in today, I’m looking for a new way to work out from home so hoping this will give me the info I need.
    Yes S+S is an amazing routine. You won’t be disappointed

Learning and Evolving MJAffliction's Avatar
    MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, they are the GOAT. 1 handed swings, two handed swings, turkish get ups, cleans, presses, snatches, goblet squats, windmills... can't beat it. I've exclusively done kettlebells for the last year, with some running, biking, pull ups and sport specific BJJ training. I don't miss static barbell training at all. srs

Simple and sinister is a great plan to the guy who asked above. Also, check out Keith Weber too if you want to do kettlebell complexes instead of the basics.
    BJJ Crew
    Muay Thai Crew
    HODL crew

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
    "I don't much care where ..." said Alice.
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
    -LEWIS CARROLL, Alice in Wonderland

Everything popular is wrong.
    -OSCAR WILDE, The Importance of Being Earnest

datclownbaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) datclownbaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) datclownbaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) datclownbaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) datclownbaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) datclownbaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) datclownbaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) datclownbaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) datclownbaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) datclownbaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) datclownbaby is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Once you realize any weighted object can be beneficial you'll be unstoppable
    clownbaby has arrived

Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harry362 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    heavy kb swings hit traps, core, forearms, quads like crazy and feel good as hell

stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KTMbraaap View Post
    Yes S+S is an amazing routine. You won’t be disappointed
    Originally Posted by MJAffliction View Post
    Simple and sinister is a great plan to the guy who asked above. Also, check out Keith Weber too if you want to do kettlebell complexes instead of the basics.
    Awesome, I am looking for basics as I’ve never, and I absolutely mean never, have trained with kettlebells. I’ve probably used just about every other method of training but thought I’d give this a shot since it seems to require minimal equipment. Do you guys have recommendations on how to gauge what weight I should be starting out with if I haven’t trained with them before? (Sorry I know that’s vague but I’m trying to gauge what bells I need to buy)

Awesome, I am looking for basics as I’ve never, and I absolutely mean never, have trained with kettlebells. I’ve probably used just about every other method of training but thought I’d give this a shot since it seems to require minimal equipment. Do you guys have recommendations on how to gauge what weight I should be starting out with if I haven’t trained with them before? (Sorry I know that’s vague but I’m trying to gauge what bells I need to buy)
    I think for guys a 35lber and 53lber are a good starting point.

Social media influencer AWillis's Avatar
    AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Subjecting yourself to self imposed discipline is the surest way to increase the quality of your existence

Never accept defeat

Cobra Kai Crew

Learning and Evolving MJAffliction's Avatar
    MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000) MJAffliction is just really nice. (+1000)
    No worries. Just continue exploring it and researching it over the coming days and you'll learn stuff you never knew. I was where you were not too long ago. Keith Weber's youtube channel has the basics and short tutorials on the proper form of each lift. I'd recommend checking out reddit's kettlebell forum as well. They heavily discuss Pavel and his methodologies on there, plus a lot of different programming and video critiques of form.

The starting weight is subjective to each individual. It depends on which lifts you're looking to do. I'd say for a newbie looking at a 2 handed swing, I'd work between a 35 and 50 lb bell to start. Definitely go significantly lighter than that on snatches and turkish get ups if it's your first time performing either move.
    BJJ Crew
    Muay Thai Crew
    HODL crew

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
    "I don't much care where ..." said Alice.
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
    -LEWIS CARROLL, Alice in Wonderland

Everything popular is wrong.
    -OSCAR WILDE, The Importance of Being Earnest

I think for guys a 35lber and 53lber are a good starting point.
    It’s gonna be a pain to find em, thank you.

Originally Posted by MJAffliction View Post
    No worries. Just continue exploring it and researching it over the coming days and you'll learn stuff you never knew. I was where you were not too long ago. Keith Weber's youtube channel has the basics and short tutorials on the proper form of each lift. I'd recommend checking out reddit's kettlebell forum as well. They heavily discuss Pavel and his methodologies on there, plus a lot of different programming and video critiques of form.

The starting weight is subjective to each individual. It depends on which lifts you're looking to do. I'd say for a newbie looking at a 2 handed swing, I'd work between a 35 and 50 lb bell to start. Definitely go significantly lighter than that on snatches and turkish get ups if it's your first time performing either move.
    So I received and read Pav’s book today, is he serious? Swings and get-ups are all you need? If I understood it correctly, the idea is for a baseline functional strength, odd that those two would do it. Read a few forums and people who do BJJ swear by it, just a bit dumbfounded. I’ll check out Webber’s site, thank you for the recommendation.

It’s gonna be a pain to find em, thank you.

So I received and read Pav’s book today, is he serious? Swings and get-ups are all you need? If I understood it correctly, the idea is for a baseline functional strength, odd that those two would do it. Read a few forums and people who do BJJ swear by it, just a bit dumbfounded. I’ll check out Webber’s site, thank you for the recommendation.
    Yes he is serious. TGUs are extremely complex and will spike your heart rate and seriously work your entire body. Practice doing the program with a lighter kettlebell to get the form correct. You will see once you get started just how hard the sinister portion is, or even the simple portion for that matter

EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EmmaW4tson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You seem weak.

So I honestly had no idea finding kettlebells would be this difficult. Does anyone have a rec for websites to watch? All stores seem to be out.

doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

What way do you hold it for the goblet squats? By the handle or base?

doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    S&S won't give you hypertrophy and it wont make you overall strong ie: you won't do it for 6 months and then be able to rep some pull ups if you couldn't before. You won't be able to open the front door and go for a 5 mile jog, but you will be good at KB swings and get ups.

It's ok for a general fitness program, but there are plenty of people who have hit sinister and don't even look like they lift.

For instance this skinny manlet.

iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I got kettlebells for garage workouts during lockdown - a few small ones and a 60, 70, 88 lb

Turkish get ups, presses, floor presses, swings, cleans, snatches are all I’ve been doing. A few accessory stuff with the smaller ones (extension, curls, lat raises). I feel like I’ve maintained my lifts and have gotten strength in new areas. Started the beginning of the lockdown without even being able to press the 88 lb one from the floor, but now I can do a tgu with it. It’s fun but I would pick bodybuilding style workouts over it.
    watchout your comments boyo ↓

Originally Posted by doughnutking View Post
    What way do you hold it for the goblet squats? By the handle or base?
    I hold it like this

I hold it like this

This way is also good and less stress on the wrists if you ever start getting wrist issues.

Originally Posted by doughnutking View Post
    This way is also good and less stress on the wrists if you ever start getting issues.

Interesting. Will try that out next time. Thanks!

Interesting. Will try that out next time. Thanks!
    yeah try it, it feels good and a way to change it up a bit.