LoLyOuRtAlL is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post I need some advice.

My name is Andrew, i'm 20, 6'6, and Average in weight about 210. I have always admired in shape people, and have always wanted that. my father wants to do the Spartan Race next year and ive just started the NASM course for personal training, But i feel like i need help myself getting on this journey, especially if im supposed to help teach someone myself. i honestly dont know who's gonna even see this and reply but if anyone can reach out and idk give me some advice on how to start training and some good advice for dieting and how to replace my bad habits with good ones, not many of my friends have aspirations for career or good healthy living and if your own friend group cant help then might as well rely on nice strangers on the internet right?? Anyway if anyone sees this and feels like they have some good insight on losing weight and become more lean and good diet practices and so on and so forth, Plz Reply )))

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Spartan race is an endurance event is it not?

Note that strength and physique goals are quite different from this kind of endurance goal. It really depends what you mean by "in shape". If you want to look and feel better with athletic potential to move into any (particularly power / speed / strength related) sport then bodybuilding is ideal

This is good read:
    https://www.paleofx.com/3-reasons-yo...-bodybuilding/
    https://www.paleofx.com/4-more-reaso...-bodybuidling/

I rate this particular author because he sources proper objective evidence from controlled trials - it's not (just) his opinion.

I also recommend reading the sticky threads at the top of each main forum - which contain our best advice.