BananaShakes is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Ready to make a change. Holding myself accountable.

I've been scared to even start making a change for so long. I'm finally sure I'm ready to do this for real.

I'm overweight. Mostly sedentary, I don't really ever 'work out', mostly just exercise randomly 2-5 times a month realistically.

Time for me to cut the bull****. I'm 28, 5' 10", 400lbs and I don't want to keep getting worse before it's too late.

This past week I went from eating any and everything to limiting myself to 2000 calories per day. So far I've been able to tell myself to just shut the **** up any time I wanted to binge eat, mostly from just the willpower of not wanting to stay the same, I've been successful so far.
    I'm not going to lie and say I didn't constantly think about swallowing my feelings and depression with food. The only things I've eaten this week are

sourdough sandwiches with avocado, tomato and chicken breast (with mayo/salt/pepper) with a few kettle cooked chips on the side of that.

Black olives and hummus as a snack, 1 honeydew melon over a few days. Some honeycrisp apples.

Frozen egg/sausage sandwiches (found them suggested on one of the forums here).

Some days I've eaten 1000 calories and others I ate close to 2000. I feel more awake, or maybe it's the feeling of finally being ready to not let my life waste away.

I know deep inside I've just used food to escape since I was a child. NO more.
    I can ignore the feeling that I need to eat it all at once, it isn't easy, but I've done it for a week already, I can keep taking it week by week.

I know I can do this. I'm ready.

I didn't buy any 'average' food today for the coming couple of weeks. I think I did pretty well.

I bought pineapple, 3 huge tubs of 0% greek yogurt (this is where the majority of my protein will come from), apples, oatmeal, chicken breast, spinach, lettuce, tomato, avocado, mushrooms, onions, frozen peas, and green pears.

For the days I really am heavily craving 'junk' (because I know there WILL be days it will be very hard for me to resist), I bought individually wrapped rice crispy treats. I have pasta and beans in the pantry if I really need a break from sandwiches (but somehow I really don't get tired of them as long as I keep avocado slices on them).

I just really want to change my terrible cycling habits. I don't want to keep giving myself excuses that I'll just 'eat less later' and keep binging things to quell the depression.

There were really low points last year where I'm pretty sure i was at least 20-30lbs heavier when I was eating literal fast food garbage every day. I haven't had fast food in a month now.

Rnorman1425 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BananaShakes View Post
    I've been scared to even start making a change for so long. I'm finally sure I'm ready to do this for real.

I'm overweight. Mostly sedentary, I don't really ever 'work out', mostly just exercise randomly 2-5 times a month realistically.

Time for me to cut the bull****. I'm 28, 5' 10", 400lbs and I don't want to keep getting worse before it's too late.

This past week I went from eating any and everything to limiting myself to 2000 calories per day. So far I've been able to tell myself to just shut the **** up any time I wanted to binge eat, mostly from just the willpower of not wanting to stay the same, I've been successful so far.
    I'm not going to lie and say I didn't constantly think about swallowing my feelings and depression with food. The only things I've eaten this week are

sourdough sandwiches with avocado, tomato and chicken breast (with mayo/salt/pepper) with a few kettle cooked chips on the side of that.

Black olives and hummus as a snack, 1 honeydew melon over a few days. Some honeycrisp apples.

Frozen egg/sausage sandwiches (found them suggested on one of the forums here).

Some days I've eaten 1000 calories and others I ate close to 2000. I feel more awake, or maybe it's the feeling of finally being ready to not let my life waste away.

I know deep inside I've just used food to escape since I was a child. NO more.
    I can ignore the feeling that I need to eat it all at once, it isn't easy, but I've done it for a week already, I can keep taking it week by week.

I know I can do this. I'm ready.

I didn't buy any 'average' food today for the coming couple of weeks. I think I did pretty well.

I bought pineapple, 3 huge tubs of 0% greek yogurt (this is where the majority of my protein will come from), apples, oatmeal, chicken breast, spinach, lettuce, tomato, avocado, mushrooms, onions, frozen peas, and green pears.

For the days I really am heavily craving 'junk' (because I know there WILL be days it will be very hard for me to resist), I bought individually wrapped rice crispy treats. I have pasta and beans in the pantry if I really need a break from sandwiches (but somehow I really don't get tired of them as long as I keep avocado slices on them).

I just really want to change my terrible cycling habits. I don't want to keep giving myself excuses that I'll just 'eat less later' and keep binging things to quell the depression.

There were really low points last year where I'm pretty sure i was at least 20-30lbs heavier when I was eating literal fast food garbage every day. I haven't had fast food in a month now.
    Its great that you're ready to make a change! I wish you the best of luck on your journey, we're all in this together