Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Quest protein chips as primary or secondary source of protein?

So I'm currently on a cut, and my calories are limited, ofcourse. So I need to stick to low carb, low fat sources of protein in order to keep my ratio good.

My main source of protein is canned tuna, and eggs (on occasion). Would it be bad to heavily supplement protein using Quest protein chips? They are nearly entirely protein. From what I can tell, they are essentially just chips made from compressed whey protein, with some trace amounts of other stuff and flavoring to keep it together. Theoretically, if all my carbs came from fresh fruits and vegetables, could I theoretically just eat the protein chips to get all my protein? I wouldn't realistically do this due to the sodium content, but in a pinch, would this be a problem? Would I get adequate quality protein?

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AdamFrostburg View Post
    So I'm currently on a cut, and my calories are limited, ofcourse. So I need to stick to low carb, low fat sources of protein in order to keep my ratio good.

My main source of protein is canned tuna, and eggs (on occasion). Would it be bad to heavily supplement protein using Quest protein chips? They are nearly entirely protein. From what I can tell, they are essentially just chips made from compressed whey protein, with some trace amounts of other stuff and flavoring to keep it together. Theoretically, if all my carbs came from fresh fruits and vegetables, could I theoretically just eat the protein chips to get all my protein? I wouldn't realistically do this due to the sodium content, but in a pinch, would this be a problem? Would I get adequate quality protein?
    You would almost surely be fine as far as protein content goes, but especially on a cut, I'd rather depend on lean meats to keep me full. Depends on how you are doing in that arena right now though.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I’d be more concerned with the mercury amount in the tuna you’re consuming as your main protein source than with the chips

That said, the chips are milk blend with milk/whey so you’d be ok in getting good quality protein/leucine from those
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would mostly be concerned about the majority of your protein coming from Tuna. How many cans per day does that equate to?

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cmacken View Post
    I would mostly be concerned about the majority of your protein coming from Tuna. How many cans per day does that equate to?
    I just wrote that above don’t you bro’s look at the replies lol
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

Location: Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a good joke about water retention. But I'm going to hold onto it for now.

AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Shoot. Mercury?? Okay, well I like canned tuna for the convenience. Are there any equivalent options??

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    why would you opt for something that isn't filling like processed protein chips?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Enjoy your mercury poisoning
    Disclaimer: All posts made by [LtGoose] are works of satire. By reading this you agree to absolve the author of any and all liability.

What can I eat that is as convenient as canned tuna, and like an equivalent, but not filled with mercury?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What can I eat that is as convenient as canned tuna, and like an equivalent, but not filled with mercury?
    canned chicken
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Canned chicken and pouch tuna

If you want to try something different, try ON nutrition wafers

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Canned chicken and pouch tuna

If you want to try something different, try ON nutrition wafers
    I'm down for the canned chicken! but how is pouch tuna any different from canned??

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm down for the canned chicken! but how is pouch tuna any different from canned??
    Waaaaay less mercury

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Waaaaay less mercury
    It's the same fish; same species. I don't understand.

Yeah I dunno how it’d be any different...

Another thing is, pouched definitely taste better than canned IMO

OKay, so now that I am switching over to canned chicken. How do I rid my body of the built up mercury levels?

OKay, so now that I am switching over to canned chicken. How do I rid my body of the built up mercury levels?
    You wait

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bad idea. They're highly processed and may have been created at high temperatures, which affects protein quality. They're also devoid of micronutrients.

On a cut, or any time, you're better off getting your protein from sources likes unprocessed chicken, fish, dairy.

If you must eat these highly processed protein snacks I'd recommend to eat them in moderaton and occasionally.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eggs brah eggs and egg whites

Costco has the cheapest canned chicken

Quest chips for protein come on that’s such an expensive unfilling source, air pop some popcorn and drink a whey isolate

Do you need a shelf stable protein?
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Eggs brah eggs and egg whites

Costco has the cheapest canned chicken

Quest chips for protein come on that’s such an expensive unfilling source, air pop some popcorn and drink a whey isolate

Do you need a shelf stable protein?
    Egg whites sound good. How do you separate the egg from the white, and what do you do with the yolks?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    air pop some popcorn and drink a whey isolate
    can confirm, i've been doing this on my cut and it's epic

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Egg whites sound good. How do you separate the egg from the white, and what do you do with the yolks?
    feed them to the dogs, if it’s a hard boiled egg I toss them or feed them to my husband. Costco sells cartons of egg whites for cheap, and youtube how to separate a yolk and egg white, I crack it in half and spoon the yolk between egg shells letting the egg white slide out and separate

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    can confirm, i've been doing this on my cut and it's epic
    is cheap and can replace most expensive protein snacks
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

feed them to the dogs, if it’s a hard boiled egg I toss them or feed them to my husband. Costco sells cartons of egg whites for cheap, and youtube how to separate a yolk and egg white, I crack it in half and spoon the yolk between egg shells letting the egg white slide out and separate

is cheap and can replace most expensive protein snacks
    That sounds like a solid system. But why don't you just get the liquid egg whites in the carton? Wouldn't that just be easier?

That sounds like a solid system. But why don't you just get the liquid egg whites in the carton? Wouldn't that just be easier?
    i have I family of 5 I’m not the only one who eats eggs and Costco is an hour away. Egg white cartons are also more expensive and I have chickens
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

i have I family of 5 I’m not the only one who eats eggs and Costco is an hour away. Egg white cartons are also more expensive and I have chickens
    I miss getting eggs from my ex's chickens...

her mom would feed them flax seeds along with their usual diet, and they were truly free-range.... they only went into the pen if they chose to.

darkest orange yolk you'd ever see.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I miss getting eggs from my ex's chickens...

her mom would feed them flax seeds along with their usual diet, and they were truly free-range.... they only went into the pen if they chose to.

darkest orange yolk you'd ever see.
    we have ducky eggs too and ours have to be in a pen cause coyotes, but they eat lots of garden scraps from our veggie garden, flax, and a special local feed the eggs tastes so much better though mmmmm oh and red wheat grass
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

we have ducky eggs too and ours have to be in a pen cause coyotes, but they eat lots of garden scraps from our veggie garden, flax, and a special local feed the eggs tastes so much better though mmmmm oh and red wheat grass
    Yeah that was the downside: many of them got taken by chicken hawks, etc..

Also, the rooster was a jerk and actually would chase the hens until they died if they got injured.... nature is f*cked up...

What do duck eggs taste like? What are their macros? Are they a good alternative to chicken eggs?