thr0w is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I keep losing weight

I was quite fat about 3 months ago. I wanted to work on my body. At first i lost weight pretty fast. I lost like 7kg in a month. I was working mostly on my abs. I cant go to the gym so i am doing bodyweight exercises. After some time i stopped seeing any changes on my body. I just kept losing weight. 65kg to 56 in about 2 months. I tried different plans, exercises but still nada. I'm 173cm by the way. How can i get out of this "phase" and actually start building muscle.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Eat more.

Exercise doesn't cause weight gain, it only determines what is fat and what is muscle.

alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Eat more.

Exercise doesn't cause weight gain, it only determines what is fat and what is muscle.
    Agree with the spirit of what you're saying but exercise can definitely cause weight gain if you're eating at maintenance (or a tiny bit above) and working out hard. Muscle is 80% water and a pound of muscle is only 700 calories - it takes more than that to remodel and build but certainly fat can be converted to muscle (not directly, it would refill glycogen storage) and you would gain weight purely from the extra water retention of muscle compared to fat.

HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by alec935 View Post
    Agree with the spirit of what you're saying but exercise can definitely cause weight gain if you're eating at maintenance (or a tiny bit above) and working out hard. Muscle is 80% water and a pound of muscle is only 700 calories - it takes more than that to remodel and build but certainly fat can be converted to muscle (not directly, it would refill glycogen storage) and you would gain weight purely from the extra water retention of muscle compared to fat.
    If you gain weight at maintenance, that's not maintenance.
    Read the stickies, know the stickies, understand the stickies, and live by the stickies.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by alec935 View Post
    I can see what you are getting at - but sometimes you have simplify away nuances depending on your audience.

At the other extreme you might get someone like Mark Rippetoe telling you to do GOMAD

alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HotDogManB View Post
    If you gain weight at maintenance, that's not maintenance.
    Water has no calories. Muscle tissue contains more water than fat tissue.

I can see what you are getting at - but sometimes you have simplify away nuances depending on your audience.

At the other extreme you might get someone like Mark Rippetoe telling you to do GOMAD
    Just looked up GOMAD. That's funny

KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ugh, I fell for this stupid meme "diet" when I was 18 and just getting into lifting. Cholesterol and BP went up like crazy because I had no real concept of macros or anything, was probably getting anywhere from 200 -> 400% of my daily sodium intake depending on what else I had that day.

xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What's GOMAD?
    Sounds like an STD.