averagejoe1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I think i will always be obese

I have a serious food addiction. it's gotten so bad i am actually thinking of picking up smoking, because i am thinking about food all the time even on a moderate caloric intake of 1500 kcal/day.

At my highest i was 350 pounds and i managed to drop to 190 pounds through exercise and cutting calories. I was eating around 1500 kcal/day so i wasn't really starving myself i dropped the weight in 1.5 year.

when i started it was very exciting and i was highly motivated, but along the process i got bored and i started eating again and i am back to 250 pounds. I am highly depressed and frustrated also angry at myself. the thought of going back to 350 pounds terrifies me because it was pure torture on my knees and pretty much everything

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    This condition can be because of insulin resistance - you eat food, your body releases insulin but your receptors don't recognise it - and insulin is an appetite suppressant. Hence, you still feel hungry.

One way of improving insulin sensitivity is to use a very low carb diet. You mostly eat meat, eggs, fibrous vegetables - no fruit or grains or any source of sugar or starch. You must severely limit potato and even beans and pulses. Be careful with dairy products.

If necessary use an app like myfitnesspal and try to keep carbs under 30-50g a day.

LeanDude84 is not very well liked. (-100) LeanDude84 is not very well liked. (-100) LeanDude84 is not very well liked. (-100) LeanDude84 is not very well liked. (-100) LeanDude84 is not very well liked. (-100) LeanDude84 is not very well liked. (-100) LeanDude84 is not very well liked. (-100) LeanDude84 is not very well liked. (-100) LeanDude84 is not very well liked. (-100) LeanDude84 is not very well liked. (-100) LeanDude84 is not very well liked. (-100)
    You believe that going from 190 to 250 lbs is the end of the world, while it isn't and you also think that it is a guarantee that you will get to 350 lbs. You have a chance to turn your life around at this very moment, but this would require of you not to think of going on a diet, because diets suck, but choosing to eat healthy. There are numerous healthy options and meals, and you need to find what you like. Some people like chicken others hate it. Maybe you like fish instead? Eggs? Oatmeal?

There are numerous food choices, and my advice is to write down everything that is healthy and that you actually enjoy eating and build your meals around those foods.

If you are not active right now, and I guess you aren't, start slowly...walking everyday, taking stairs instead of elevator etc. Every small step that you take towards a healthier life is a victory.

As for finding motivation, your biggest motivation should be, that you don't like how you look and feel when you are overweight. And you don't otherwise you wouldn't be starting this topic.