Thread: Shoulder pain

iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Shoulder pain

Hello all, I am hoping all is well doing these strange times.
    My question for you is regarding pull-ups. As often happens age is
    starting take its toll. I have been training for the upcoming Murphy and
    the last two days I’m having a hell of a time with my shoulders and pull-ups.
    So that being said, what’s a good alternative to pull-ups so I can still participate
    this this challenge?

Thanks everyone in advance.
    Cheers

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you are doing it on memorial day, I would say its probably a bit late to progress in your training so you are probably better of resting a little so you are fresh for the challenge.

Have you done it before?
    Are you allowing yourself to partition it?

for those that don't know Murph is a crossfit hero WOD.

1 mile run
    100 pull-ups
    200 push-ups
    300 squats
    1 mile run

For time.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) iapilot will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes I have been doing it sense 2013, I do a modified version where I break it up.
    Thanks

Registered User Eternalstuden79's Avatar
    Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You have not left much time for conditioning before the date. Rest is good. If you are not doing strict pull up's the stressors on the shoulder can be monumental! and you need to make sure you do enough posterior chain and shoulder work to ballance

The original Murph was called body armour and consisted of

1 mile run
    20 rds Cindy (5 pull up, 10 push up, 15 air squat)
    1 mile run

Carried out with a 20lb weight vest (or body armour of the day)

So these unbroken ones, are not the be all way to do it.

I liked those earlier years when you did the rounds. Like I said I break it up so it’s a modified version with now a 15lbs vest. Getting to old and broken to think I’m 30 again. Still at 51 I’m trying.

Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000) Eternalstuden79 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by iapilot View Post
    I liked those earlier years when you did the rounds. Like I said I break it up so it’s a modified version with now a 15lbs vest. Getting to old and broken to think I’m 30 again. Still at 51 I’m trying.
    I know the feeling, I spend most of my time pretending I'm 21 not 41, then get annoyed that those in their 20's can be me!!

My only suggestion is not to butterfly the pull up's either kip them or do them strict. Last time I did murph I did strict underhand grip, as that is all my shoulder would allow me to do.

Well I plowed through the workout and my shoulder felt fine, 0:47:44 with a 12lbs vest on. Its strange pull ups have been just fine no pain, this getting old stuff is for the birds.

Originally Posted by iapilot View Post
    Well I plowed through the workout and my shoulder felt fine, 0:47:44 with a 12lbs vest on. Its strange pull ups have been just fine no pain, this getting old stuff is for the birds.
    Good effort.

Age is just a number