DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000)

Dash Cams (Especially with Parking Mode)?

TLDR: Good dashcams with park mode that will record when someone hits or messes with your car?

I've always wanted a dash cam, for potential police encounters and accident footage, but never got around to it.

I live in condo that has assigned parking spots and have THE WORST neighbors. I won't get into all the details, but for 3 years they've made life a living hell here with their immaturity and recklessness. I've gotten door dings a few times, scuffed up mirror caps, etc... and I know without video or witness proof I am pretty much screwed. I would get pissed about it, but accepted it as part of city living with tight parking spots and that most people in the world suck.

Well the other day I went to find my whole right rear quarter panel was dented in, scraped, and scuffed up, about 20 inches of damage. We're not talking about some buff and wax will make it right... This goes across two panels (door and rear) and will be a couple grand to fix, minimum. She's a modded BMW M235i and my baby, and as you can imagine I was livid. The neighbors don't own a car themselves (major city) but they have parties regularly and allow friends to park in their assigned spot all the time, so it was surely one of them leaving drunk and having trouble navigating out of the spot. I've gotten dings for the same reason.

This was legit a hit and run. I almost went hulk mode on these hipster @ssh0le neighbors but I don't have definitive proof... I've escalated to the association and board to review the matter since my car has not moved in weeks due to quarantine and I see cars coming in and out of that spot several times a week when their friends come over, and technically, no car is allowed to park there outside of a registered plate to the owner. We've had enough, and we're moving, but still locked in for another 11 months on the lease. Would have left this year, but with the pandemic we couldn't find another place.

All that being said, this sets the background for wanting to get a dash cam that has the park mode feature. I am a complete newb to all of this, so forgive me, but I wanted to know if some of you guys had implemented this to your cars?

My understanding is that a good dash cam with park mode will conduct 24/7 recording surveillance (not backed up), but the second it detects motion, a door ding, or in my most recent instance, a literal accident, it will start recording right away from, 270 degree view. This is what I want and I have found a few options, but this is total foreign territory to me and I was hoping some of you car brahs knew about this and had some advice.

If you guys know of tech options I should explore, please let me know.

FYI, deck overlooks the parking spot so also getting an extra camera (we have one that monitors the back door) to look over the parking spot.

Sucks the world we live in where people destroy other's property and take money out of their hard-earned pockets and don't give a damn. Especially when you're visiting your friend and hit his neighbors car and just drive off like nothing.

Thanks!

nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
    I run blackvue dr900s-2ch, with blackvue backup batteries, in both of my vehicles. Just saved me $3k on a hit and run back in Nov.
    This is what I use, with a wifi mobile hotspot so that I can live view it and get notifications for motion/movement alerts to view. Although there is no view on the side and thats where a lot of hit & run/secret damage happens to cars like door dings, people people swiping it etc. UPS did a hit and run on my car when I first got it & it actually missed all of the damage because it was raining that day making the sensors go crazy recording for hours draining battery lol.
    USMC 0311 Combat Veteran 2010-2017
    2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo Owner

Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I picked up some random one from Best Buy a couple years back. Been happy with it tbh, but I"m sure there's better out there.
    Being anti-2nd Amendment is like saying "We have too many rights, please take some away!"

tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500)
    Honestly it just sounds like you were unlucky. If you take your nice car out and park it next to peasants, accept the fact that its going to get door dings up the wazoo. I have at least 30 door dings on my LEXUS suv over the past 13 years, 3 heavy dents all of which because I parked it outside, hail damage, hell, almost all the damage is from it being outside lol.

This is why I always tell people who buy nice cars, don't buy a nice car until you have a house with a garage. That garage, though it may look simple, is a very effective shield against the elements and people, all of which will wreck havoc on the condition of your car.

So your problem isn't installing a camera, its having a car thats too nice for the streetz, ya feel me cuz? You wouldnt keep an inside dog outside.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by tunafishha; 05-27-2020 at 10:29 PM.
    *Asian Manlet Elf Tier MasterRace*
    *I've become more powerful than any Miscer*
    *Acura Executive*
    *Tuna 2020*
    *2 star General*
    *Catholic*
    *TMT*
    *Chad Bat Soup>Double Whopper*

DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000) DTRrex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tunafishha View Post
    Honestly it just sounds like you were unlucky. If you take your nice car out and park it next to peasants, accept the fact that its going to get door dings up the wazoo. I have at least 30 door dings on my LEXUS suv over the past 13 years, 3 heavy dents all of which because I parked it outside, hail damage, hell, almost all the damage is from it being outside lol.

This is why I always tell people who buy nice cars, don't buy a nice car until you have a house with a garage. That garage, though it may look simple, is a very effective shield against the elements and people, all of which will wreck havoc on the condition of your car.

So your problem isn't installing a camera, its having a car thats too nice for the streetz, ya feel me cuz? You wouldnt keep an inside dog outside.

Spoiler!
    I know you're joking... could legit buy a Tesla with sentry right now, cash. That's actually one of the frustrating things too... I plan to get a new car soon that are will be in the $70-100k range but I am terrified of doing that now and feel like I need to wait until I move. But hoping cameras could help me feel better.

You're not wrong. I knew there were risks having having a "nicer" car in the city. My neighbors bought early into a place they could never afford now, and can't even afford a car... Two 40-50 year old hipster gays (literally) that act like they're in college with parties and recklessness non stop. I begrudgingly accepted the door dings and scrapes as part of the "pay to play". But swiping my car and causing thousands in damage was a different ball game.

Association is no help, as expected.

I grew up in the suburbs and have lived in cities for the last 15 years and love the city atmosphere. But although this is the worst encounter, this isn't my first encounter with terrible, narcissistic neighbors. I love the city, but this kind of crap legit makes me want to just leave the city and buy a big house in the suburbs with a big garage where I don't have to be directly impacted by so much stupidity.

Will look into the Blackvue's recommended above. Thanks for the input so for, all.

tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by DTRrex View Post
    I know you're joking... could legit buy a Tesla with sentry right now, cash. That's actually one of the frustrating things too... I plan to get a new car soon that are will be in the $70-100k range but I am terrified of doing that now and feel like I need to wait until I move. But hoping cameras could help me feel better.

You're not wrong. I knew there were risks having having a "nicer" car in the city. My neighbors bought early into a place they could never afford now, and can't even afford a car... Two 40-50 year old hipster gays (literally) that act like they're in college with parties and recklessness non stop. I begrudgingly accepted the door dings and scrapes as part of the "pay to play". But swiping my car and causing thousands in damage was a different ball game.

Association is no help, as expected.

I grew up in the suburbs and have lived in cities for the last 15 years and love the city atmosphere. But although this is the worst encounter, this isn't my first encounter with terrible, narcissistic neighbors. I love the city, but this kind of crap legit makes me want to just leave the city and buy a big house in the suburbs with a big garage where I don't have to be directly impacted by so much stupidity.

Will look into the Blackvue's recommended above. Thanks for the input so for, all.
    The camera isn't going to do much if the damage has already been done. Its just going to show the damage being done - which doesn't fix the problem. Somebody swiping your car is just plain bad luck. If you really like the city, you can always try to find a small piece of land and ask to buy/rent it and build a small garage to park your car in. Thats what I did with my neighbor. He had a tiny piece of land that he didn't use and I asked if I can clear it out and build a small garage in it. I built the garage with $500 in tools and parts. Its literally just some wood beams, garage door, brick floor and siding for the roof, lol. But no longer do I have to worry about getting my car dirty again after I just washed it. Or how about hail damage? Sun damage? Theft? - peoples been in my car twice and took some money/change out of it.

No but forreals. having a nice car without a garage just doesn't work. i had a yorkie and when I take it outside, people would come up to it and pet it and had inclinations of stealing it. It ended u being kidnapped because my mom let out outside to go pee. It got swooped up qwik too. Its a $3000 dog mang. And the fur, it would get dirty real qwik. It was an inside dog through and trhough
    Last edited by tunafishha; 05-28-2020 at 06:40 PM.
    *Acura Executive*
    *Tuna 2020*
    *2 star General*
    *Catholic*
    *TMT*

nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nckid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Spoiler!
    I have a nice car & garage, my car was hit & run by a UPS driver within months of it shipping from germany, I also then got hit by someone flying out of their parking spot when I was driving by(because their car was starting up and they were cold as **** so they were just trying to get moving smh).

Cant prevent all accidents especially when not at fault, so one has to protect it as best as they can. I daily drive my car and it WAS worth over 150k when I first got it, damage comes with actually using the vehicle but given the scenario where you'd be held responsible for someone elses damage, gotta have something lol.

Originally Posted by nckid View Post
    I have a nice car & garage, my car was hit & run by a UPS driver within months of it shipping from germany, I also then got hit by someone flying out of their parking spot when I was driving by(because their car was starting up and they were cold as **** so they were just trying to get moving smh).

Cant prevent all accidents especially when not at fault, so one has to protect it as best as they can. I daily drive my car and it WAS worth over 150k when I first got it, damage comes with actually using the vehicle but given the scenario where you'd be held responsible for someone elses damage, gotta have something lol.
    The chances of those things happening are actually very low and risk can be lowered even more by keeping the car properly garaged when not in use. My car would be in pristine condition today had I just had a simple garage, aside from the one time it was lightly hit while driving.

Also, don't you cucks with nice cars have good insurance? Seems a bit dangerous to even pursue someone's plate number.
    *Acura Executive*
    *Tuna 2020*
    *2 star General*
    *Catholic*
    *TMT*

The chances of those things happening are actually very low and risk can be lowered even more by keeping the car properly garaged when not in use. My car would be in pristine condition today had I just had a simple garage, aside from the one time it was lightly hit while driving.

Also, don't you cucks with nice cars have good insurance? Seems a bit dangerous to even pursue someone's plate number.
    Hit & runs happen a lot to parked cars especially if its a day where weather conditions influence other peoples driving abilities too and its very unlikely someone will leave insurance information for doing the hit and run on a vehicle that looks expensive.

Unless you only drive your car city driving and low speeds, it would not stay "pristine" condition. Rock chips for example can happen anytime.

If you have a nice car and not wanting to make the other person pay for the damages, that would sound like being cucked. My repairs cost over 12,000 and I was paid out 8k for diminished value due to being hit, had I used my own insurance I would have had to pay the deductible(however im not sure if I could then also get diminished value as there would not be someone at fault in claim).

The camera isn't going to do much if the damage has already been done. Its just going to show the damage being done - which doesn't fix the problem. Somebody swiping your car is just plain bad luck. If you really like the city, you can always try to find a small piece of land and ask to buy/rent it and build a small garage to park your car in. Thats what I did with my neighbor. He had a tiny piece of land that he didn't use and I asked if I can clear it out and build a small garage in it. I built the garage with $500 in tools and parts. Its literally just some wood beams, garage door, brick floor and siding for the roof, lol. But no longer do I have to worry about getting my car dirty again after I just washed it. Or how about hail damage? Sun damage? Theft? - peoples been in my car twice and took some money/change out of it.

No but forreals. having a nice car without a garage just doesn't work. i had a yorkie and when I take it outside, people would come up to it and pet it and had inclinations of stealing it. It ended u being kidnapped because my mom let out outside to go pee. It got swooped up qwik too. Its a $3000 dog mang. And the fur, it would get dirty real qwik. It was an inside dog through and trhough
    fuuuuuark, bro. I'm so sorry about your doggo.

I feel like after something like that I would have no option other than to become a vigilante and dedicate my life to wiping scum from the earth.

Not sure what city you're in, but in Chicago you can't just simply buy a lot to hand build a garage. If I could even get the land (which in any decent neighborhood would run a a couple hundred grand), I would then spend $50k in permits and fees and restructuring... just to then pay an additional $800 per month on that garage in property taxes each month. Let alone the cost of the actual residence.

That being said, there are some options in the city within a few miles of downtown where I could scoop up a 2 bed 2 bath condo with a real garage for $500k. Or I could go 15 miles outside the city and get a legit 4 bed 2.5 bath house with a 2.5 car garage for the same money. Or go out 30-40 miles from downtown and have a McMansion for the same money on a half acre of land and a 3-4 car garage. Sounds great, but I love the city and job is there, so big house = big commute. I walk to work now. I'd be looking at 90 min each way in bumper to bumper if I went out to burbs.

It's all relative I suppose.
    Last edited by DTRrex; 05-28-2020 at 08:44 PM.

I obviously have insurance. But I also have a deductible (which I can easily afford). But it's not about that. It's about a bunch of slack jawed hipster (individuals) that are consistently reckless and my car is paying the price. At a certain point, when you work your ass off for what you have, when people destroy your property with no care, it fires you up. It boggles my mind that there are people out there that don't take responsibility for their actions and be decent human.

If I ever accidentally hit someones car, I'm calling the cops MYSELF to report it and make sure the owner of that car can get things taken care of.. and not out of their own pocket. It sounds cliche as fck, but it's called being a man and having personal responsibility.

The claims I might file on this type of crap could add up to tens of thousands in extra insurance premiums over the next couple decades. Rather have that money earning interest in an investment fund instead of subsidizing recklessness of spoiled hipster douches.

Hit & runs happen a lot to parked cars especially if its a day where weather conditions influence other peoples driving abilities too and its very unlikely someone will leave insurance information for doing the hit and run on a vehicle that looks expensive.

Unless you only drive your car city driving and low speeds, it would not stay "pristine" condition. Rock chips for example can happen anytime.

If you have a nice car and not wanting to make the other person pay for the damages, that would sound like being cucked. My repairs cost over 12,000 and I was paid out 8k for diminished value due to being hit, had I used my own insurance I would have had to pay the deductible(however im not sure if I could then also get diminished value as there would not be someone at fault in claim).
    All im saying is that, in general, a home garage is important to protect the car. When you take it out in the public, anything goes. And the more you take it out, the higher the risk of it getting scratch or damaged.

But lets say someone puts a small scratch on your car. Are you going to make them pay? What if they don't want to pay? There's nothing you can do except call them names. Cops also will not come to help if there was no injury, at least in my state.

A dash cam will help of course(and there are alot of good ones out there). But its only a band to a bigger problem, imo.

But back to the garage, again, I wish I can turn back time to when I first got my car. The only thing I would do differently to it, is that I would do my best to get a shed or garage or any type. That would be my first goal. Because I dig the way a lot of the 2000's car looks, and they don't make em like that anymore.
    Last edited by tunafishha; 05-28-2020 at 08:50 PM.
    *Acura Executive*
    *Tuna 2020*
    *2 star General*
    *Catholic*
    *TMT*

All im saying is that, in general, a home garage is important to protect the car. When you take it out in the public, anything goes. And the more you take it out, the higher the risk of it getting scratch or damaged.

But lets say someone puts a small scratch on your car. Are you going to make them pay? What if they don't want to pay? There's nothing you can do except call them names. Cops also will not come to help if there was no injury, at least in my state.

A dash cam will help of course(and there are alot of good ones out there). But its only a band to a bigger problem, imo.

But back to the garage, again, I wish I can turn back time to when I first got my car. The only thing I would do differently to it, is that I would do my best to get a shed or garage or any type. That would be my first goal. Because I dig the way a lot of the 2000's car looks, and they don't make em like that anymore.
    I get where you are coming from, but I think you're missing the point.

Cars are meant to be driven. And sh!t happens. I get that.

I've overlooked countless dings and scrapes. Some I have had fixed and some I haven't. But a majority are by the same neighbors and this time it wasn't a ding or scrape. It's a legit accident that is going to cost me thousands. That's why I want a camera... to have video evidence of the perpetrator should this happen again (and if history is any indication, it will happen again). And yes, if I have video evidence, I will definitely hold them liable. I have no problem filing a small claims case to see justice served if I have proof... and it helps that my wife is a trial attorney

But at the end of the day, I want a dash cam system that can help hold parties responsible that damage my property. It might not be perfect, and maybe it will miss some stuff (as others have said they experienced), but I feel like doing "something" is better than doing "nothing".

If I hadn't been such a dumbass and spent the $400 on a camera system previously, like my wife told me to after a few door dings, I wouldn't be about to shell out thousands for a repair or a $1,000 deductible, and the aggregate premium increase costs in conjunction with opportunity costs of the interest that extra money could have earned.

Opee, so ive looked into this a bit more. I still stand by my statement that the cam is a small fix(if that) to a larger problem.

There are a couple things we haven't considered:

1. This is a non moving dash cam. So the cam isn't going to be running on the alternator. Whatever cam system you buy will need a large battery and modification. The Tesla sentry mode is getting complaints about how much energy it uses even with a big battery pack.

2. Limited view. In order to get every angle of your car, side front and back, youre going to need several cameras and modify alot of your oem parts. Most people only have a front dash and rear cam for when they are driving.

3. Its going to be a battery killer. If a car drives by, is the cam going to turn on? If so, that thing is going to be on the whole night.
    *Acura Executive*
    *Tuna 2020*
    *2 star General*
    *Catholic*
    *TMT*

Per usual, ignore Tunatard, he's not someone you ever want to take advice from.

OP, I suggest going with the blackvue battery backup if you choose the DR900s. This completely eliminates any potential of your camera draining your battery, and gives you many extra hours of parked recording. The camera I linked has multiple parked recording features, and I personally use the timelapse mode, which will revert to normal speed recording if it detects an impact.

Even outside of parked situations, dashcams have saved myself and many others in my car groups from drivers lying about being at fault in collisions. Mine personally paid for itself when someone ran me into a curb, and took off, giving me their plates and the proof I needed to go after them. They also saved my buddy who was side swiped and pushed into a ditch by an inattentive driver, that totaled his Viper.
    People buy dash cams because its a good system for when you are driving - I never argued against that. But as a surveillance system for when its in parked, its not so good.
    *Acura Executive*
    *Tuna 2020*
    *2 star General*
    *Catholic*
    *TMT*

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    People buy dash cams because its a good system for when you are driving - I never argued against that. But as a surveillance system for when its in parked, its not so good.
    They make systems that record 24/7 and can even send text or video alerts to your phone if the vehicle is hit or approached etc.

They are expensive but I know alot of guys in the overlanding community use them since their rigs have alot of steal able stuff on them.
    Yes... come and let us make an end of it. It matters not, even cornered, to my last breath... I remain who and what I am. I will not hide, nor tremble, nor beg. Let them come and reckon with fury that is DOOM defiant.

It's a lot better than nothing. And the suggested system records constantly while parked, as well as what freeburn mentioned, with the text/email alerts when paired with a hotspot.
    Well sure its better than nothing but I don't think its worth the time/money/effort if you we are talking about parked surveillance.
    *Acura Executive*
    *Tuna 2020*
    *2 star General*
    *Catholic*
    *TMT*

Per usual, ignore Tunatard, he's not someone you ever want to take advice from.

OP, I suggest going with the blackvue battery backup if you choose the DR900s. This completely eliminates any potential of your camera draining your battery, and gives you many extra hours of parked recording. The camera I linked has multiple parked recording features, and I personally use the timelapse mode, which will revert to normal speed recording if it detects an impact.

Even outside of parked situations, dashcams have saved myself and many others in my car groups from drivers lying about being at fault in collisions. Mine personally paid for itself when someone ran me into a curb, and took off, giving me their plates and the proof I needed to go after them. They also saved my buddy who was side swiped and pushed into a ditch by an inattentive driver, that totaled his Viper.
    Thank you. Repped.

I think I'll scoop this one up or something similar based on what is reviewed the best.

I've always wanted one for driving, but just never got around to it. Now that my car is getting beat up in my parking spot, it's just a no-brainer at this point. If I had installed one a year ago, it likely would have already paid for itself and then some. Even if parking mode doesn't catch everything, I've always been a believer in "doing something is better than doing nothing".

Plus, my modded M235 isn't exactly a "cheap" car but it is a few years used... And I am going to be jumping into something new soon (likely RS3/GTR/M3) and it seems silly to spend $70k+ on a car and not invest in $500 of technology to provide some security.

lmao, lets see how those dash cams stand up against these rioters. Nice car parked on the street is easy pickens.
    *Acura Executive*
    *Tuna 2020*
    *2 star General*
    *Catholic*
    *TMT*

lmao, lets see how those dash cams stand up against these rioters. Nice car parked on the street is easy pickens.
    Actually could be a good idea if they will total it, cuz car market is not looking so well lmao

Lord of the plains Nocturnal310's Avatar
    Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    does anyone know how much it costs on average to get dash cam installed by a professional shop?
    like ballpark?
    "Your problem is you spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas. All we had is what we could take and defend." - Lorne Malvo

“I'll do anything usually if there's money involved and little work.” — Daniel Tosh

Chef Crew | NYC Crew | Knee Draggers Crew

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 View Post
    does anyone know how much it costs on average to get dash cam installed by a professional shop?
    like ballpark?
    it's not really worth it, just get something to pop your panels and wire it easily, you can just wedge the cable in between panels most of the time
    Yes... come and let us make an end of it. It matters not, even cornered, to my last breath... I remain who and what I am. I will not hide, nor tremble, nor beg. Let them come and reckon with fury that is DOOM defiant.

lmao I think enough time has passed by now so that OP realizes what a bad idea it is to have a camera installed for a parked car. Moving dash cam = yes.
    Parked? no. Get a garage.
    *Acura Executive*
    *Tuna 2020*
    *2 star General*
    *Catholic*
    *TMT*

con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you get a Blackvue (recommended) you would also need an external battery (Cellink NEO or the Blackvue external) to have it record for longer periods, such as overnight.
    If you don't get an external battery then it's only going to record for a few hours while in parking mode and/or kill your car battery.
    reps on spot : Bertcep

negs for life: Dano85

JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just got a Dashcam because driving into work was brutal and people are idiots on the road, wasn't too bad. The Dashcam will automatically start deleting the old footage once the memory becomes full. If the car gets hit, or if you press it, it will save like 10 minutes before the accident/button push and 10 minutes after permanently until you remove it off the SD card yourself.

I don't know what the brand is, but it does not have a parking mode. I would say for a parking mode you'd either need an external battery or one that is super low energy because if it sits in a car your battery might get toasted. I would install and HD Camera on your deck like you said to see whats going on. I just also got a ring doorbell for my front door, and I have a ring floodlight that captures like my entire driveway and sidewalk( I live on a corner house). If a car sideswipes you, you might get the license plate if it's clear enough, or at least the make and model. You could file a police report and look for cars like the one you see and check if any of those kinds of cars are getting fixed. If they were pulling out of a spot, a wide enough camera could at least pick up who's car it was and which house the person driving it entered.

In regards to installing it, it pretty much came with clear instructions on how to run it, and you could look online how to pop panels out. It's not rocket science and pretty easy to do. You could also just swing it and have the wire hanging down which is easy but looks pretty bad.
    *Mechanical Engineering Crew*
    *6'3" Master Race Crew*
    *6 Figs Crew*

"Because the thing about repairing, maintaining, and cleaning is it’s not an adventure. There’s no way to do it so wrong you might die. It’s just work. And the bottom line is, some people are okay going to work, and some people … well, some people would rather die. Each of us gets to choose.”

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is what I use, with a wifi mobile hotspot so that I can live view it and get notifications for motion/movement alerts to view. Although there is no view on the side and thats where a lot of hit & run/secret damage happens to cars like door dings, people people swiping it etc. UPS did a hit and run on my car when I first got it & it actually missed all of the damage because it was raining that day making the sensors go crazy recording for hours draining battery lol.
    2 months ago someone hit and run my wife's Cayenne GTS in the grocery store parking lot a couple months ago. put in a dash cam the next weekend. we know who did it, we found the car and the paint matches down to a red stripe on the white car that lines up perfectly with the damage. its a grocery store employee and they nor the cops are doing jack chit even though it was right under the grocery store camera.
    Stern Crew

Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just bought viofo 129 pro duo with gps on amazon..its on sale
    https://www.amazon.com/VIOFO-Buffere...ct_top?ie=UTF8

gonna use it while driving only
    "Your problem is you spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas. All we had is what we could take and defend." - Lorne Malvo

“I'll do anything usually if there's money involved and little work.” — Daniel Tosh

Don't know what happened to Opee, but for those who want a better option without having to wire everything, you can buy two wireless cameras and install it inside the car, but you'll have to take it off to recharge every couple of days.
    Last edited by tunafishha; 06-16-2020 at 10:04 PM.
    *Acura Executive*
    *Tuna 2020*
    *2 star General*
    *Catholic*
    *TMT*

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Is this a good dashcam?

“If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.”
    ― Swami Sivananda

Fulfilling Your Destiny Will Not Be Easy

"Man, you better duck out, #GetTheBag and then Bug Out"

- El-P

Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    Is this a good dashcam?

Blackvue is usually considered top tier brand in terms of reliability

but check the one i posted, it has better video quality at 4k