BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb 4x4 @85% 1RM or 6x4 @75% 1RM? [Which is better for strength?]

I was wondering for awhile now on which type of sets and reps I should go with for acquiring the most amount of strength? ...4x4 @85% 1RM or 6x4 @75% 1RM? I would be doing this ideally for my bench, squat, deadlift and shoulder press, and end with an AMRAP of @60% 1RM... I kinda liked the 6x4 more because I think it would stimulate muscle growth a little bit more with the extra volume, but I was also told that simply going heavier with lower sets is the best for strength... I was considering going with the 4x4 because the added AMRAP will make up the volume for that extra muscle stimulation, but I wanted to get some opinions on this...
    As of April 2019...

Height: 5"9 / 175 cm
    Weight: 129 lbs / 59 kg

Bench: 255 lbs / 116 kg
    Squat: 195 lbs / 89 kg
    Deadlift: 315 lbs / 143 kg
    Overhead Press: 125 lbs / 57 kg

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    errr right.

The only correct answer is, it depends.

Training is far more nuanced than selecting one blanket protocol over another, both could have a place in your programming depending on the rest of your programming, your block, your goals, sub goals.
    what style of training you enjoy and myriad other factors that go into balancing volume and fatigue
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee