iconicironette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting Protein When You Don't Eat More Than Two Meals Per Day

Hi. I'm Stacie. I'm 29 y.o., 5'3" and about 154 lbs. I'm going into week three of the FYR 1.0 program and belatedly decided to read the nutrition guide. I know she suggests "maintenance calories" and "moderately active" but my numbers come out like this: 1810kcal, 226g Carbs, 136g Protein, and 40g Fat. However, I don't eat or have the time to eat that much every day. So I adjusted to "losing fat" and "moderately active" and my numbers were: 1629kcal, 204g Carb, 122g Protein, and 36g Fat. It's still alot for me since I tend to swing in the 1300-1400kcal category. I understand that this program is demanding (I'm feeling it, lol) but my issue is getting protein in for the day. I usually don't eat breakfast (or have time to), then one large meal (either lunch or dinner), and then a smaller meal to close out the day. I'm starting to incorporate a protein shake post workout, which I do in the evenings. If I follow her guidelines and do 20g Protein a meal then it's like 60g/day, nearly half of what is being asked for. SOOOOO, the question is: how do I get more protein in my day without being miserable about it? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you really don’t have time to eat, nothing wrong with shakes. Just get around 30gm 4 times a day and you are at 120gm. Easy breezy, don’t overthink it
    Superbus est, qui loquitur in prouerbiis Latinis.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I find it odd her guidelines don't come close to matching her suggested macro requirements. Sounds like she doesn't know what she's talking about. Just increase the amount of protein you have in your 2 meals and throw in a shake or smoothie for breakfast.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    If you really don’t have time to eat, nothing wrong with shakes. Just get around 30gm 4 times a day and you are at 120gm. Easy breezy, don’t overthink it
    Thank you! Would it be weird to just put the protein powder in my black coffee?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by iconicironette View Post
    Ug no don't do that.

IME, it's best just to chug protein, it's seldom nice and don't spoil other foods with it.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by iconicironette View Post
    Most protein powders don’t mix well with hot liquids. I can give you my recipe for a few ice coffee shakes though(will sometimes drink post workout on warm days). As suggested, chug one down before/after coffee, or if intent on mixing may try an unflavored like Now brand.
    Superbus est, qui loquitur in prouerbiis Latinis.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Most protein powders don’t mix well with hot liquids. I can give you my recipe for a few ice coffee shakes though(will sometimes drink post workout on warm days). As suggested, chug one down before/after coffee, or if intent on mixing may try an unflavored like Now brand.
    Alrighty. Good to know. I'll just drink it alongside my coffee in the morning. Thank you.