Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Did you ever have a “5/10 year plan”?

Have you achieved what you wanted to? Still working on it or completely given up?

I saw a post from a ‘larger’ friend of mine, 10 years ago she apparently set out to get married, go on a safari honeymoon, lose weight and buy a house... So when the memory came up on fb she was really upset that she is still single, still never been on a safari, is bigger than she was 10 years ago BUT she has managed to buy an apartment. 0.5 out of 4 ain’t bad.... I guess.

Any one else here failed miserably at your life plans? Or what would your next milestone plan be now?

MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    intredasting thread concept srs

I never really make long-term goals outside of my investing strategy. I always say...anything that I would like to be doing in the future...well..I'd already be doing right now if I really wanted to lol. That's also the problem with resolutions to me. If I want to do something, I go ahead and do it. I don't need a timeline to dictate when to do it. Some things take 2 weeks, some things take 5 years. Either way, I'd already be on that path if I'm actually trying to get it done.
    RIP Cpt. David Dorn
    Not oppressed crew
    Korean rooftop association member

ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChelshireCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MetroBrah View Post
    intredasting thread concept srs

I never really make long-term goals outside of my investing strategy. I always say...anything that I would like to be doing in the future...well..I'd already be doing right now if I really wanted to lol. That's also the problem with resolutions to me. If I want to do something, I go ahead and do it. I don't need a timeline to dictate when to do it. Some things take 2 weeks, some things take 5 years. Either way, I'd already be on that path if I'm actually trying to get it done.
    Awesome mindset, honestly.

So when you decide to do something, you just start working towards it immediately rather than putting it on the back burner to tackle later. I think I would get overwhelmed by trying to tackle many things at once so I personally like to step it out into bite size chunks.

Just a completely different mentality, interesting!

LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everyone should have a 5 year plan

Back when I worked in a warehouse as a Stockcel my 5 year plan was to find new jobs to boost my resume until I landed a career. Did that. So added on "finish my Master's degree to get paid more". Did that. Now my plan is to grow my pension nice and fat. Cash out in a few years, blow it all on hookers and blow, then find a new library to work at in a new city.
    Last edited by LtGoose; 05-27-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    And on the 8th day, the Lord opened the first Chick Fil A

TokenV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TokenV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TokenV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TokenV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TokenV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TokenV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TokenV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TokenV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TokenV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TokenV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TokenV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol I don't even have a 5 day plan
    +++ miscin' at work crew +++

Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Everyone should have a five year plan, but at the same time I am not surprised that most people don't have one.

ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP, I think having shorter terms plans is more important than long term. For me personally, I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bull****.
    Legz is my 10/10

Stamford, CT

🇧 🇮 🇹 🇨 🇭 🇮 🇳꧁꧂ DesiredUserphag's Avatar
    DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Honestly never made a plan or knew what I wanted to do. Got into IT and just ran with it. Got opportunities and promotions then ended up where I am now making twice as much as I ever thought I would. Never had a plan but it worked out in my case. I wouldn't recommend not planning but it's not necessary for certain people with drive and great work ethic. Currently still don't have plans career wise because I'd be happy to stay at this position making what I make forever. Contract just got renewed for 10 years and my coworker is proof that nobody ever gets fired (he's an idiot) so I'm golden. Only goals I've ever really made were travel related and I've been to all the top places I wanted to visit so now I need to figure out where to go next. Most people want to travel or do certain things in life but they don't have the balls to actually make it happen for whatever reason. You're either a go-getter or a phaggot at the end of the day.
    ⓅⒸ ⓂⒶⓈⓉⒺⓇ ⓇⒶⒸⒺ
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω ⁴⁷/¹⁹⁵
    𝕬𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝕮𝖚𝖙 𝕸𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕽𝖆𝖈𝖊 ®
    𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑱 𝑨𝑳𝑷𝑯𝑨 𝑻𝑨𝑼𝑹𝑼𝑺 𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑴𝑨𝑵𝑫𝑬𝑹
    ₁ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₆ ₆ ₆ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₁
    "ꜱʜᴛ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴩɪꜱꜱ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ꜰᴜᴋɪɴ ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇ ᴩᴜꜱꜱy ᴊᴜɪᴄᴇ" ~ʟ.ᴍ.

messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have guidelines not actual plans everybody knows life can throw something at you at any time and you could have to start all over again making 5 year term plans is dumb.

planning something 10 years in advance is even dumber.

nothingshocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nothingshocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nothingshocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nothingshocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nothingshocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nothingshocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nothingshocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nothingshocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nothingshocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nothingshocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nothingshocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do not. I take it as it comes.
    This machine is obsolete

WoofieNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WoofieNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WoofieNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WoofieNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WoofieNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WoofieNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WoofieNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WoofieNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WoofieNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WoofieNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WoofieNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have long term goals in the back of my mind constantly, but I also understand that circumstances can change and you might have to reboot. For example, I was hoping to be making x amount of dollars annually by 45 when I turned 40 - but then I got divorced and had to deal with two kids. Still came close though.

I have a goal in mind for when I turn 50 as well, and that's to be making enough residual income from my two side gigs that I don't have to work at my main job anymore. Not retired, just working from home whenever I want to doing two things I already love. So far I'm well on my way.

Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I try to make 1 and 2 year plans with specific goals and update regularly. Anything more than 2 years starts to get into fantasy land. There are so many outside factors that will influence your ability to meet goals over a period of time.
    Best Meet lifts: S:705 B:605 D:515 Total:1735 (220)
    Best Raw: S:505 B:380 D:515
    Equipment: Inzer RageX. 2-ply Squat Suit. 2-ply Briefs.

God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 1Cor 1:27
    ~ Molon Labe ~

Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My long terms plans are just saving for retirement. I've pretty much met most o my short term goals.

FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ChelshireCat View Post
    Have you achieved what you wanted to? Still working on it or completely given up?

I saw a post from a ‘larger’ friend of mine, 10 years ago she apparently set out to get married, go on a safari honeymoon, lose weight and buy a house... So when the memory came up on fb she was really upset that she is still single, still never been on a safari, is bigger than she was 10 years ago BUT she has managed to buy an apartment. 0.5 out of 4 ain’t bad.... I guess.

Any one else here failed miserably at your life plans? Or what would your next milestone plan be now?
    Reminds me of a quote from the Duke of Wellington.

"The French planned their campaigns just as you might make a splendid piece of harness; it looks very well until it gets broken and then you are done for. Now I make my campaigns of ropes. If anything went wrong, I tied a knot and went on."

There's just too many unknowns between now and 10 years down the road for you to affix all your hopes and dreams on a "master plan". And even if the world around you doesn't change enough to throw off your plans, what if your plan is wrong and you just don't know enough to realize it? If you'll forgive me borrowing another reference, it reminds me of Jay Gatsby - dude put together a master plan as a 20-some incel to become a rich dude. And it worked to perfection - he became exactly what a naive poor kid thought a rich man would be, and it was just so completely off the mark that the real upper crust could never accept him.

I don't know what I don't know - it's as simple as that. I'm not going to build a 10 year roadmap leading me off to unknown unknowns. I just make the best decisions I can with the information that's presently available.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

"Experience is something you get right after you need it."

Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FAPhaggot View Post
    Reminds me of a quote from the Duke of Wellington.

"The French planned their campaigns just as you might make a splendid piece of harness; it looks very well until it gets broken and then you are done for. Now I make my campaigns of ropes. If anything went wrong, I tied a knot and went on."

There's just too many unknowns between now and 10 years down the road for you to affix all your hopes and dreams on a "master plan". And even if the world around you doesn't change enough to throw off your plans, what if your plan is wrong and you just don't know enough to realize it? If you'll forgive me borrowing another reference, it reminds me of Jay Gatsby - dude put together a master plan as a 20-some incel to become a rich dude. And it worked to perfection - he became exactly what a naive poor kid thought a rich man would be, and it was just so completely off the mark that the real upper crust could never accept him.

I don't know what I don't know - it's as simple as that. I'm not going to build a 10 year roadmap leading me off to unknown unknowns. I just make the best decisions I can with the information that's presently available.
    If circumstances change, you adjust your plan accordingly. As long as you're not adjusting for procrastination, that's fine.

I set out my plan when I was 25 for things to have achieved by 30. I think I have really over-succeeded on it so far as I have been able to add extras. I never thought I would be in a position to buy a house for instance, and we are now 90% there. I suffer with tunnel vision though, I can only focus on one thing at a time and then I obsess over it. So I have always spaced out plans to try to avoid getting overwhelmed.

Boggles me that some of you guys can just go with the flow so easily, I wonder if it is because you are already established, like own your own home, decent job, relationship etc? So you can take a more relaxed approach?

I set out my plan when I was 25 for things to have achieved by 30. I think I have really over-succeeded on it so far as I have been able to add extras. I never thought I would be in a position to buy a house for instance, and we are now 90% there. I suffer with tunnel vision though, I can only focus on one thing at a time and then I obsess over it. So I have always spaced out plans to try to avoid getting overwhelmed.

Boggles me that some of you guys can just go with the flow so easily, I wonder if it is because you are already established, like own your own home, decent job, relationship etc? So you can take a more relaxed approach?
    It depends on your personality more than anything else. Some people get more relaxed, some more intense. I am part of the latter group of people. Always had a plan, and it gets stricter as I go along. Maybe because the unknowns become smaller and smaller.

jasticus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jasticus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jasticus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jasticus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jasticus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jasticus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jasticus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jasticus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jasticus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jasticus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jasticus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I got the next 10 years mapped out.

🇧 🇮 🇹 🇨 🇭 🇮 🇳꧁꧂ DesiredUserphag's Avatar
    DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DesiredUserphag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It's because we are men. Honestly. Almost all the females I know or have known in life worry and overthink everything in their lives. Blows my mind how that's even possible or how unhealthy it surely is. I've never worried about much of anything and just gone with the flow. Turned out great. Don't see the point in wasting time/energy on worrying.
    ⓅⒸ ⓂⒶⓈⓉⒺⓇ ⓇⒶⒸⒺ
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω ⁴⁷/¹⁹⁵
    𝕬𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝕮𝖚𝖙 𝕸𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕽𝖆𝖈𝖊 ®
    𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑱 𝑨𝑳𝑷𝑯𝑨 𝑻𝑨𝑼𝑹𝑼𝑺 𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑴𝑨𝑵𝑫𝑬𝑹
    ₁ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₆ ₆ ₆ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₀ ₁
    "ꜱʜᴛ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴩɪꜱꜱ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ꜰᴜᴋɪɴ ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇ ᴩᴜꜱꜱy ᴊᴜɪᴄᴇ" ~ʟ.ᴍ.

Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Well, I got the wife, kid, house, dog, and cat, so now I'm just focused on earning money, tucking some away for retirement, and having enough play money for vacations when the boy is a bit older. Outside of that, I don't have any major plans besides enjoy life. I don't need much to be happy, just a few toys (games and lots of ammo) and enough to enjoy life with my family.

What kind of long term things are you planning?

Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've always had at least a 5 year plan. Most times I succeed in my plan, but not in the way I thought. Sometimes my plans adjust based on circumstances. Overall, though, my plans now are for my family and my retirement.
    I initially planned on retiring for good at 37, but when the time came, I enjoyed my work so much, had so many career opportunities to continue to explore, and wanted to provide stability for my family while we travel around the world, so I kept working. I retired from my first career at 43 with a much larger pension and a great offer for my current job, which will provide for another pension after just 5 additional years of work. So, I adjusted my retirement goal to pay off our rental home and prepare for retirement "for good" on a sailing catamaran at 48/49. We'll see how things go. 36 months to go and I'm on track, but who knows?
    I've got a few professional certification courses my job wants me to attend, and they want to pay for me to get another degree, so I might adjust again and see about moving back to Asia, working, and living on the catamaran anyway.
    Apollo Creed: [Screaming] There is no tomorrow! THERE IS NO TOMORROW! THERE IS NO TOMORROW!
    ---|AndroiD OS crew|---

iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Only made posts in “ITT we meet again in 20XX” threads and subscribed to them

The 2020 one popped up and was a neat surprise
    watchout your comments boyo ↓

MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No, lol.

I don't know if I'm even going to live tomorrow, it's silly to plan that far in advance. If I get another day, I try my best to accomplish as much as I can with the full understanding that it can end any moment.
    Thus let me live, unseen, unknown;
    Thus unlamented let me die;
    Steal from the world, and not a stone
    Tell where I lie.

2/17/15 - Dunk Tank Results: 15% bf (Omron said 18.6%) - 123.4 lbs LBM

Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    sort of. I knew when I graduated college i would need to complete grad school to make a decent salary. i accomplished this goal this past december and the grind has paid off. tough 4-5 extra years of school but its been worth it.

im 29 now. now that im financially stable im going to enjoy life and immerse myself in my hobbies.

i never had marriage or family goals. early on, i saw that relationships hold people back from being the best version of themselves because people never take the time to figure out who they are. they spend time their valuable time do everything for their significant other.
    be the turtle in the race.

Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post
    Well, I got the wife, kid, house, dog, and cat, so now I'm just focused on earning money, tucking some away for retirement, and having enough play money for vacations when the boy is a bit older. Outside of that, I don't have any major plans besides enjoy life. I don't need much to be happy, just a few toys (games and lots of ammo) and enough to enjoy life with my family.

What kind of long term things are you planning?
    That’s where I want to be soon! Just enjoying games and some holidays.

I guess I want to buy a house this year or next.
    Create a woodland/tiki themed garden, skyrim living room. (Husband wants a retro arcade room and home gym too haha)
    Go on a 3 week Disneyworld holiday
    Visit Macchu Picchu
    Beat my marathon time
    Come off shift work
    Visit Japan
    Start overpaying on mortgage
    Learn to ballroom dance
    Renew our vows in Bora Bora whilst a Polynesian warrior ceremony.

Lol, sounds silly but I would be really chuffed to achieve all lf that

words and guitar yieldtonothing's Avatar
    yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "don't die"
    i like the one that says "some pulp".

That’s where I want to be soon! Just enjoying games and some holidays.

I guess I want to buy a house this year or next.
    Create a woodland/tiki themed garden, skyrim living room. (Husband wants a retro arcade room and home gym too haha)
    Go on a 3 week Disneyworld holiday
    Visit Macchu Picchu
    Beat my marathon time
    Come off shift work
    Visit Japan
    Start overpaying on mortgage
    Learn to ballroom dance
    Renew our vows in Bora Bora whilst a Polynesian warrior ceremony.

Lol, sounds silly but I would be really chuffed to achieve all lf that
    I bet you'll knock more than half of that out within 2 years.

redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz
    Actually yeah, I achieved my five year goal and I'm really proud of what I've done. Five years ago my goal was to move to the east coast and get into tech and buy my first home. I managed to get all of that done and I'm now in the process of selling my first home and building my next.

My next milestone - 10 or so year plan- is to be a millionaire and shift into VC. There's other stuff in there as well - travel, relationships, fitness - but those two are primarily what my eye is set on.

JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always set out these long term goals and find that by the time they roll around, my interests have changed, and I want something else. I've settled on shorter term goals (within a year) and have gone that route. Of course there's these overarching goals I want to achieve, but I find that I miss out on life if I just set forth on one direct path. Things change, relationships change, you lose people, things happen, and you have to roll with it. I think I've mostly met my short term goals and I've over exceeded my long term goals. I think my next big goal was to either move out, get an apartment, or buy a house. Which I was 100% capable of achieving, but then things changed. My job put me on a project somewhere that is within 30 minute drive of where my parent's house is. I figured I would put off that goal and save a little more money to see what happens. I can move out whenever, but since things changed from 5 years ago. I now want to save a little more money ($35,000) which would be the cost of rent if I wanted to move out. Now I have a little more money for when I want to buy a house. I could easily put down almost ($200k) on a house which would equate to almost 40-50 percent of the value of the home.

In order to align with the thread though, here are my brand new 3-year goals that I've worked out.

- Run a Half Marathon
    - Compete in a body building competition
    - Hike to Mount Everest Base Camp
    - Travel to either Iceland, Vietnam, Bali, or all three.
    *Mechanical Engineering Crew*
    *6'3" Master Race Crew*
    *6 Figs Crew*

"Because the thing about repairing, maintaining, and cleaning is it’s not an adventure. There’s no way to do it so wrong you might die. It’s just work. And the bottom line is, some people are okay going to work, and some people … well, some people would rather die. Each of us gets to choose.”

Originally Posted by DesiredUserphag View Post
    It's because we are men. Honestly. Almost all the females I know or have known in life worry and overthink everything in their lives. Blows my mind how that's even possible or how unhealthy it surely is. I've never worried about much of anything and just gone with the flow. Turned out great. Don't see the point in wasting time/energy on worrying.
    I guess I'll just take my ovaries and go home.