zki123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lost 17lbs in 3 months, but still have a hump and I'm not tight PLEASE HELP

Hello everyone,

I'm going to give as much detail as I can here because I feel it's now or never for me, the amount of effort, money and focus I'm giving this I feel if it doesn't work now after trying for 2 years then I don't know where to turn.

height : 173
    Weight : 64kg

So I hired an online coach because I wanted to make sure I was doing my cut/losing fat properly. I lost 17lbs in 3 months, down from 72kg - 64kg I was supposed to be with this coach for an extra month, but things turned sour due to his attitude and he's basically left me, so now I feel lost, unsure and not where I expected to be.

I followed a very strict meal plan, the last month I was eating around 1300kl on training days(yes I know) and 1500 on rest days. I did this as I was TOLD to do it. I had 0 meals off plan, 0 sugar and 0 alcohol since January. I also had 0 fruit in 3 months as I was told it's just carbs and take multivitamin, so I did just that. So nutiriton/diet was fine no issues.

I was doing cardio seven days a week as told, 4 days 160bpm after training 30 minutes, 3 days 140bpm rest days 1 hour.

I was also training 4 days a week but with 0 progressive overload(as told), told to lift light/moderate

My waist / lower belly has gone down from 34' - 31' my midsection also went from 30' - 28'

Now where I'm at is, I really really felt that I would of removed my bump and tightened up around my midsection after losing 17lbs, but that's just not the case. This IS MY ONLY GOAL, becoming big/gaining lots of muscle etc for me is second priority, removing this bump and tightening up around my mid section is my only current goal, once this is sorted then I can start to put on some size.

So my question is after looking at my pictures and reading my post, do I continue to cut down? Below 64kg eating less than 1300kl a day??, do I go to maintenance try to build some muscle and lose fat at the same time? Do I bulk? I really don't see how this will work

I was always told to cut down until you see your top 2 abs as they come through first. Well I've lost all this weight and I still don't see them, so do I continue? The only way to lose this hump and tighten up is to lose more weight right? As a bulk certainly isn't going to help me lose fat? To a lot of you my 'hump' is so small and yes it is, but I don't care how small it is, I don't want it there anymore.

This is on my mind 247 and it's starting to get to me, as you can see I really don't know which direction I'm supposed to go in, I'd like to try and stay off the topic of who my coach was, he's online, got lots of followers on IG, but in the end he didn't turn out to be so nice

h ttps://imgur.com/a/xnt3yXU - from when I started to now, still very soft, lots of pull able skin and a hump

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No progressive overload is a cardinal sin - good thing you ditched that coach.

I can't see your picture but based on the hundreds of other similar threads I've replied to, I'm going to say you don't have enough muscle to cut down to. You should focus on mass gain next. You won't get rid of (probably tiny) stomach yet - but this is a necessary step. And you will look better doing it. Later you can remove any excess fat you may still have.

If you are prepared to go in this direction, I can help you out with details.

What are your current max effort lifts?

Read the sticky threads re: calories and macros.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    No progressive overload is a cardinal sin - good thing you ditched that coach.

I can't see your picture but based on the hundreds of other similar threads I've replied to, I'm going to say you don't have enough muscle to cut down to. You should focus on mass gain next. You won't get rid of (probably tiny) stomach yet - but this is a necessary step. And you will look better doing it. Later you can remove any excess fat you may still have.

If you are prepared to go in this direction, I can help you out with details.

What are your current max effort lifts?

Read the sticky threads re: calories and macros.
    Hey SuffolkPunch,

Thanks for your reply ( h ttps://imgur.com/a/xnt3yXU ) this should work now.

I think if anything yeah then ye I don't have enough muscle mass to cut down to, I am very soft.

I'm honestly prepared to do anything, whether it cut or gain muscle by eating more, but I just want to do the CORRECT thing that will remove this lower stomach and tighten me up.

Well in these 3 months I have become very weak for sure, with the program I was given there was no deadlift, or bench press, just squat.

Before this I could deadlift 100kg for 3 reps, bench has always been stuck on 57kg, squat...still working on that - 60kg low bar, but I want to do high bar now.

So current max effort..squat maybe 40/50kg, bench...40/50kg lower end for sure, deadlift..I'd say 60/70kg, leg press I was doing 150kg in the past, I did it yesterday and struggled to do 80kg. Even in the past I've always struggled to get 'strong' always stalled on bench and squat, but my deadlift has always been my best I don't know why.

I'm prepared to take in any advice you give me thank you and I shall read that now, thanks.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    So those are still novice category lifts.

If you were to cut, you would probably not get stronger and may still have a small belly even after getting very skinny elsewhere. This is not the way. Gaining muscle all over your body may well fix the issue - although as I mentioned, the belly won't disappear quickly. But we are playing the long game.

My advice is to focus on muscle gain. Eat enough to gain no more than 2-3lbs a month. High protein - mostly wholefoods. Get on a routine with progressive overload like Fierce 5 or one of the other routines we recommend to novices in the workout programs sticky threads.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Yea, after seeing your pics, SuffolkPunch is spot on. Muscle gain needs to be your emphasis. You can do this with minimal (2 pounds a month) weight gain.

Notice his statement
    Get on a routine with progressive overload like Fierce 5 or one of the other routines we recommend to novices in the workout programs sticky threads.

So those are still novice category lifts.

If you were to cut, you would probably not get stronger and may still have a small belly even after getting very skinny elsewhere. This is not the way. Gaining muscle all over your body may well fix the issue - although as I mentioned, the belly won't disappear quickly. But we are playing the long game.

My advice is to focus on muscle gain. Eat enough to gain no more than 2-3lbs a month. High protein - mostly wholefoods. Get on a routine with progressive overload like Fierce 5 or one of the other routines we recommend to novices in the workout programs sticky threads.
    Thanks for your response,

I remember doing Fierce 5 about 2 years back, it was good, but I enjoy going the gym 4 days a week. Yeah I know my lifts are the best, but does that still class me as a novice? Even though I've been lifting on and off for 2 years? I guess just not adequately.

Originally Posted by zki123 View Post
    Thanks for your response,

I remember doing Fierce 5 about 2 years back, it was good, but I enjoy going the gym 4 days a week. Yeah I know my lifts are the best, but does that still class me as a novice? Even though I've been lifting on and off for 2 years? I guess just not adequately.
    Yes, novice numbers == still a novice.

This is not a badge of shame, it just means that you need a routine which progresses your lifts faster than one that is designed for an intermediate. You would still progress on an intermediate routine, probably not as fast.

Fierce 5 should have had you blow past those numbers in weeks... so it's possible you were doing something wrong or just not eating enough at the time.

Yes, novice numbers == still a novice.

This is not a badge of shame, it just means that you need a routine which progresses your lifts faster than one that is designed for an intermediate. You would still progress on an intermediate routine, probably not as fast.

Fierce 5 should have had you blow past those numbers in weeks... so it's possible you were doing something wrong or just not eating enough at the time.
    Definitely agree with doing things wrong, back then I'd finish work at 4:30, start my second job at 5pm - 8pm, then have to rush to the gym before it closed. A lot of these days I actually couldn't eat from 12 - 8pm at night, I'd eat my lunch then literally have no time to eat again, that 30 minute window was me driving from my work to my place. Back then I had no idea about what foods to really eat etc, but now I feel like I know more.

I also did viking bare bones about a year or so ago, but I just instantly ate 3000kl every day and shot up to 74kg gaining a lot of fat, which I posted on here and I think you may of commented on that also before.

In these 2 years I've made many mistakes, fierce5 wasn't done optimally due to excessive work and just not enough time, then I did viking and I basically didn't know what a surplus was I just thought eat 3000kl and gain muscle, now I hired a coach to cut down to 64kg and I'm still skinny fat, so I just seem to be yo-yo'ing around, going round in circles and it's really frustrating.

So taking your advice of doing a lean bulk perhaps? gaining minimal weight and getting on a program would be the best bet right? Should I go back on vikings? Or another 4 day program? I just don't like the idea of going 2 days a week especially after 2 years.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I just don't like the idea of going 2 days a week especially after 2 years.
    Fierce 5 is not a 2 day a week program.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Fierce 5 is not a 2 day a week program.
    Apologies, 3. I'm not sure why I had 2 in my head. Do you think I should go back on it? Even though I'd prefer to do 4 days.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Apologies, 3. I'm not sure why I had 2 in my head. Do you think I should go back on it? Even though I'd prefer to do 4 days.
    Are you looking for advice or a way to repackage your mistakes? I'm not sure at this point.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Are you looking for advice or a way to repackage your mistakes? I'm not sure at this point.
    Advice on what I need to be doing, I feel I've wasted 2 years. Failed at achieving my goals.

Do F5 in a surplus. Aim to progressively overload on every lift (according to the F5 instructions).

One hint: don't start with a weight that is too heavy. Start conservatively, give yourself a long run up. Never cheat a rep.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Advice on what I need to be doing, I feel I've wasted 2 years. Failed at achieving my goals.
    Then you need to stop hanging on to what you were doing the last 2 years.

I just don't like the idea of going 2 days a week especially after 2 years.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16