Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: “Toning”

usmcchief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) usmcchief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) usmcchief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) usmcchief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) usmcchief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) usmcchief has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    Yes, I believe when most women critique themselves and don't have as much muscle as they want, it's mainly due to not being strong enough to lift good weight. I knew this was the case as soon as I read "she's been doing basic bodybuilding and powerlifting" from the original post! No worries- we read similar posts every day from people writing in, and it's the norm, NOT the exception!!

The hindrance with women building muscle "that shows" is that it's not as easy as many people think. Even if she's been lifting for a few years, that dosen't necessarily mean she'll attain that sculpted and ripped bodybuilder look. What it truly comes down to for women is developing the strength to be able to lift heavier weight- ESPECIALLY if fast twitch muscle fibers aren't going to do the job quick enough! Then it takes a much more structured plan to hit those goals, besides the focus on diet. In fact, I think dieting would not be the priority and strength training would be the more important focus!!

But also remember to "exercise" patience here. Not everybody, and especially women, build strength and muscle at the same rate. It's an ongoing process for most! And Fierce 5 is a great place to "carve out" a new direction and approach! Good luck to you and your SO!!
    This has been the best piece of advice so far...we r going to decrease the amount/type of cardio and incorporate HIIT...I am also going to work on her overall strength because she actually hates that “bodybuilder” type of workout...she is afraid of the broad shoulders, etc...thank you

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by usmcchief View Post
    This has been the best piece of advice so far...we r going to decrease the amount/type of cardio and incorporate HIIT...I am also going to work on her overall strength because she actually hates that “bodybuilder” type of workout...she is afraid of the broad shoulders, etc...thank you
    You're welcome! I just needed to say that broad shoulders on a woman usually is a result of having wider clavicles to begin with (I did). So, most likely you won't have anything to "fear." But it is important to build strength gradually, and the results that follow will make an incredible difference overall!! Stay safe and wishing everyone some peace during these times!
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!