Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 98
  1. #61
    Registered User rgnx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 917
    Rep Power: 5406
    rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rgnx is offline
    Originally Posted by Gizzyhardcore View Post
    Ahahha works both ways chump. Conor beat a guy called Max Holloway, on one leg. He also beat a guy called Dustin Porier, embarassingly - mocking him telling him exactly how he'd do it, and then doing it.

    Maybe those 2 where crap and Conor's not that good... or wait.... we have 20/20 hindsight... those 2 are VERY good. Max even being called a GOAT himself.

    Theres no logical argument for Conor not being a Goat, if you are gonna count fighters who milked "streaks" fighting average fighters (Fedor, Aldo) then you have to put Conor in there.

    Yes and I have to remind you, its 2020, you can very easily google their records, Fedor and Aldo both accumulated a "streak" beating very average fighters, highlighted with a couple wins vs competent figthers. Its fact. But casuals are obsessed with streaks rather than feats.
    Max Holloway is not on a single P4P list here and Max doesn't have power that translates well into actual light weight. I'm from Hawaii and actually ran into Max and have HUGE respect for him. But nobody calls him the GOAT, even in featherweight. Sorry, you are wrong.

    Conor beating Dustin Porier doesn't put you on a P4P list either. Him beating Khabib would. See the difference?

    There is actually no logical argument for Conor being a "GOAT". Fedor beat all the TOP TIER opponents during his time. Aldo is great for his era, also cleared out his division until new gen fighters appeared and Aldo has been fighting for a decade probably, definitely past prime.

    It's all about the current era they are in. The fight game evolves over time, but accomplishments are your legacy. LOL @ discrediting Fedor, literally should be top 1-3 P4P GOAT in every MMA list.

    Fedor beat literally every top contender he faced during his time.

    Conor could not. Easy enough for you to understand?
    Reply With Quote

  2. #62
    Registered User Gizzyhardcore's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: New Zealand
    Age: 43
    Posts: 2,113
    Rep Power: 2217
    Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gizzyhardcore is offline
    Originally Posted by rgnx View Post
    Max Holloway is not on a single P4P list here and Max doesn't have power that translates well into actual light weight. I'm from Hawaii and actually ran into Max and have HUGE respect for him. But nobody calls him the GOAT, even in featherweight. Sorry, you are wrong.

    Conor beating Dustin Porier doesn't put you on a P4P list either. Him beating Khabib would. See the difference?

    There is actually no logical argument for Conor being a "GOAT". Fedor beat all the TOP TIER opponents during his time. Aldo is great for his era, also cleared out his division until new gen fighters appeared and Aldo has been fighting for a decade probably, definitely past prime.

    It's all about the current era they are in. The fight game evolves over time, but accomplishments are your legacy. LOL @ discrediting Fedor, literally should be top 1-3 P4P GOAT in every MMA list.

    Fedor beat literally every top contender he faced during his time.

    Conor could not. Easy enough for you to understand?
    hahah **** dude, its 2020, you can't just say Fedor beat top teir opponents, or Aldo did - I can just go google that ****!

    And Max never talked about as a GOAT? hes talked about ALL THE TIME as the GOAT 145. Where have you been? hahaha

    Example Aldo, best guys he beat
    Jeremy Stephens
    Zombie
    Frankie
    Faber
    Mendes

    Aldo got beaten by Max twice. Go look through Aldo's streak, go do it - and tell me the best guy he beat.

    Now Take Conor
    Mendes
    Max
    Porier

    Yes its shorter list... Conor doesn't like to hang round and cling to belts

    oh... and Conor beat prime Aldo in THIRTEEN SECONDS. There is no version of reality where Aldo is better than Conor. If Aldo is on some GOAT list, then Conor is too.

    Same with Fedor. although not as bad as Aldo, Aldo being a GOAT is a myth for casuals who like "streaks"
    Add mightymouse into that. An already shallow division which he dominated in, was obvious he could hang round and get wins but destroy his legacy by fighting lesser fighter after lesser fighter that no one cared about - hes nearly forgotten now! He should have long ago taken a super fight to prove himself

    Conor did this IMMEDIATELY!
    Reply With Quote

  3. #63
    Registered User Ladiessman217's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 244
    Rep Power: 573
    Ladiessman217 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ladiessman217 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ladiessman217 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ladiessman217 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ladiessman217 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ladiessman217 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ladiessman217 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ladiessman217 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ladiessman217 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ladiessman217 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ladiessman217 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ladiessman217 is offline
    Connor is the most talented fighter in MMA history.

    100M in the bank will **** everyone up.

    He did ridiculously well against Mayweather and most people know it.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #64
    Registered User rgnx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 917
    Rep Power: 5406
    rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rgnx is offline
    Originally Posted by Ladiessman217 View Post
    Connor is the most talented fighter in MMA history.

    100M in the bank will **** everyone up.

    He did ridiculously well against Mayweather and most people know it.
    Boxing is a win or lose sport man. Mayweather was NEVER in danger for 1 second during their fight.

    Yes Conor did well considering where he is coming from. But as a competitive pro boxing fight? Conor vs Mayweather was not it.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #65
    Registered User rgnx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 917
    Rep Power: 5406
    rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rgnx is offline
    Originally Posted by Gizzyhardcore View Post
    hahah **** dude, its 2020, you can't just say Fedor beat top teir opponents, or Aldo did - I can just go google that ****!

    And Max never talked about as a GOAT? hes talked about ALL THE TIME as the GOAT 145. Where have you been? hahaha

    Example Aldo, best guys he beat
    Jeremy Stephens
    Zombie
    Frankie
    Faber
    Mendes

    Aldo got beaten by Max twice. Go look through Aldo's streak, go do it - and tell me the best guy he beat.

    Now Take Conor
    Mendes
    Max
    Porier

    Yes its shorter list... Conor doesn't like to hang round and cling to belts

    oh... and Conor beat prime Aldo in THIRTEEN SECONDS. There is no version of reality where Aldo is better than Conor. If Aldo is on some GOAT list, then Conor is too.

    Same with Fedor. although not as bad as Aldo, Aldo being a GOAT is a myth for casuals who like "streaks"
    Add mightymouse into that. An already shallow division which he dominated in, was obvious he could hang round and get wins but destroy his legacy by fighting lesser fighter after lesser fighter that no one cared about - hes nearly forgotten now! He should have long ago taken a super fight to prove himself

    Conor did this IMMEDIATELY!
    You clearly did not watch MMA during the Pride years.

    Fighters are constantly changing throughout the years. Rampage and Chuck were once top 1-3 in their weight divisions. By the time you started watching MMA they were on the decline lol.

    Also, Aldo is past his prime vs Conor. This is obvious. Aldo was at the end of the decade long streak.

    Aldo vs Conor ~5-7 years ago would be a far different fight than Aldo vs Conor now.

    Conor Aldo fight was also to short to judge skill precisely. Holloway could've been knocked out by Stephens in the 1st round, and you wouldn't been saying "Stephens is the FW GOAT!!1" lol. Freak knock out's in fight happen. Look at GSP vs Serra
    Reply With Quote

  6. #66
    Registered User Gizzyhardcore's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: New Zealand
    Age: 43
    Posts: 2,113
    Rep Power: 2217
    Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gizzyhardcore is offline
    Originally Posted by rgnx View Post
    You clearly did not watch MMA during the Pride years.

    Fighters are constantly changing throughout the years. Rampage and Chuck were once top 1-3 in their weight divisions. By the time you started watching MMA they were on the decline lol.

    Also, Aldo is past his prime vs Conor. This is obvious. Aldo was at the end of the decade long streak.

    Aldo vs Conor ~5-7 years ago would be a far different fight than Aldo vs Conor now.

    Conor Aldo fight was also to short to judge skill precisely. Holloway could've been knocked out by Stephens in the 1st round, and you wouldn't been saying "Stephens is the FW GOAT!!1" lol. Freak knock out's in fight happen. Look at GSP vs Serra
    This is getting embarrassing for you bud, Jose past his prime when he fought Conor? hahahhahahaha

    He was the no 1 p4p at the time. The consensus BEST fighter in the world. On massive win streak.

    You wanna address your earlier point about Max not being a GOAT?

    And yes flash knockouts happen.. but look what he did to Alverez, to Porier, to Max... And the knockout vs Aldo was years of training, flash knockouts don't actually "just" happen, you spend years honing the reactions, the muscle memory, the timing etc

    What are you saying Aldo would have a better chance now? Conor would murder him.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #67
    i need a tan mp83's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Location: Wisconsin, United States
    Posts: 8,574
    Rep Power: 64334
    mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    mp83 is offline
    I am taking overall career and the guys at their peaks. Not counting women, but if I did, Nunes would be on the list for sure.

    1. Fedor - To do what he did at heavyweight against the best competition (at the time) will never be repeated
    2. Jon Jones - Essentially undefeated. Would probably have been HW champion if he wanted to be.
    3. Anderson Silva - Beat guys at their own game. Usually finished guys. Faded as he got older, but everyone does
    4. GSP - Extremely dominant. Avenged his only losses. Would rate higher but didn't get enough finishes
    5. Aldo - Dominated featherweight for a while. Got old, but we all do.
    6. Mighty Mouse - Was highly ranked at BW and almost unbeatable at flyweight
    7. Khabib - Would be higher but still has a lot left so dont want to rank too high. Could easily end up #1
    8. Stipe - UFC record for consecutive HW defenses. Avenged his loss to DC
    9. DC - Only lost to Stipe at HW and Jones at LHW.

    For 10, not sure. Could be Cejudo. Could be Cruz. Could be Barao.

    Not counting Conor since 0 title defenses. Also not giving a **** about USADA
    Green Bay Packers-Milwaukee Brewers
    Muay Thai Crew / Investing / Finance Crew / {Misc Fisherman Crew}

    Torn labrum 10/13: recovered mostly
    Reply With Quote

  8. #68
    Registered User rgnx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 917
    Rep Power: 5406
    rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rgnx is offline
    Originally Posted by Gizzyhardcore View Post
    This is getting embarrassing for you bud, Jose past his prime when he fought Conor? hahahhahahaha

    yes he was past his prime, anybody who's followed Aldo over the past 5-10 years would see that.

    He was the no 1 p4p at the time. The consensus BEST fighter in the world. On massive win streak.
    nope, not when there was fighters like GSP, Silva, and Jones around. But Aldo was not far behind, you right

    You wanna address your earlier point about Max not being a GOAT?
    Max has NEVER been the GOAT, it's way too early for him. it was speculated that he had GOAT potential if he kept winning

    And yes flash knockouts happen.. but look what he did to Alverez, to Porier, to Max... And the knockout vs Aldo was years of training, flash knockouts don't actually "just" happen, you spend years honing the reactions, the muscle memory, the timing etc

    What are you saying Aldo would have a better chance now? Conor would murder him.

    Didn't i say Aldo is past his prime? Ofcourse I don't think he would beat Conor now, common sense = zero

    bold, you aren't the brightest. Why would I think Aldo past his prime would beat Conor, a up and comer compared to Aldo? Conor simply needs to beat Khabib to be considered anything like a "GOAT" or P4P great. That's literally what it would take for me to change my mind on Conor, but it's not happening sorry
    Reply With Quote

  9. #69
    Registered User zhengterry's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Age: 30
    Posts: 14,720
    Rep Power: 74478
    zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    zhengterry is offline
    Originally Posted by rgnx View Post
    "Conor's run and title win at 145 is far more impressive than Khabib's at 155."

    Conor has indeed had an impressive run at 145, nobody can dispute this. But so has Khabib, and for a lot longer. Conor is ultimately a 155 fighter though, he would not have the same impressive run in the 155 division (he could never reach the top as long as Khabib is around).


    "Conor is a two division champ.

    It's not even debatable that he is the more accomplished fighter."

    True, Conor is a two division champ. BUT, he was spoon fed a SINGLE EASY FIGHT in Alvarez to get it. So, not much of an achievement. Conor beating Gaethje(current form) would be a much higher achievement. Let's talk about Alvarez, is Alvarez actually UFC lightweight champ tier? HELL NO. Alvarez was lucky to hold the belt, even Frankie Edgar is a more proven fighter. Alvarez only beat PRE-PRIME Gaethje and other gatekeepers (RDA, Pettis, Cerrone)

    Chad Mendes is definition of gatekeeper. A top 5-10 fighter in his weightclass who will never hold the belt.

    Also, I'm actually a fan of Conor and he's by far one of the most exciting fighters to watch. Tons of respect for Conor's accomplishments tbh, all i'm trying to do is look at Conor's achievements objectively. Stop taking it so personally lmao.
    bruh he absolutely dismantled the 155 champ when everyone thought 155 was one of the most exciting divisions.

    and let it be repeated, he knocked out 145 king aldo second punch 13 seconds in to win the 145 strap. amazing.

    Originally Posted by Gizzyhardcore View Post
    Ahahha works both ways chump. Conor beat a guy called Max Holloway, on one leg. He also beat a guy called Dustin Porier, embarassingly - mocking him telling him exactly how he'd do it, and then doing it.

    Maybe those 2 where crap and Conor's not that good... or wait.... we have 20/20 hindsight... those 2 are VERY good. Max even being called a GOAT himself.

    Theres no logical argument for Conor not being a Goat, if you are gonna count fighters who milked "streaks" fighting average fighters (Fedor, Aldo) then you have to put Conor in there.

    Yes and I have to remind you, its 2020, you can very easily google their records, Fedor and Aldo both accumulated a "streak" beating very average fighters, highlighted with a couple wins vs competent figthers. Its fact. But casuals are obsessed with streaks rather than feats.
    this^^^

    Originally Posted by Ladiessman217 View Post
    Connor is the most talented fighter in MMA history.

    100M in the bank will **** everyone up.

    He did ridiculously well against Mayweather and most people know it.
    let's just look at his resume starting with cage warriors:



    not gonna debate any further, the results speak for themselves but imo conor is definitely top ten MMA GOAT.
    Last edited by zhengterry; 06-10-2020 at 08:32 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #70
    Registered User rgnx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 917
    Rep Power: 5406
    rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rgnx is offline
    Originally Posted by zhengterry View Post



    not gonna debate any further, the results speak for themselves but imo conor is definitely top ten MMA GOAT.
    LOL! Lightweight is FAR more interesting NOW than when Alvarez was champ. Why? Because the current top lightweights are a step up in competition.

    Khabib, Tony, Dustin, Justin, and yes Conor are all >>>> Nate, Eddie, Donald, RDA

    Notable wins by Conor: Max (way before Max's prime)
    Dustin ( way before Dustin's prime)
    Aldo ( Conor is LW not FW, it was an impressive knockout, but wasn't long enough of a fight to judge skill here, we already know Conor can knock out 9/10 FW's so nothing we didnt know)
    Chad (too competitive of a fight, Conor ground game exposed hard)
    Nate (Nate's a gatekeeper not champion tier, period)
    Eddie ( this guy sucks, he sucked in ONE FC not long after he was UFC LW Champ)
    I won't even mention fights like Donald, that Conor is literally expected to win by everyone.

    So yeah, if you break down Conor's win's. Hardly impressive compared to: GSP, Silva, even Chuck Liddel during his prime.

    Conor needs Gaethje and especially Khabib to put him on a P4P list period. Also, he needs to defend a title against at least a few difficult challengers, like EVERY OTHER P4P champ has.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #71
    ayyy lmao Gainzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 10,153
    Rep Power: 51933
    Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gainzzz is offline
    Originally Posted by rgnx View Post
    LOL! Lightweight is FAR more interesting NOW than when Alvarez was champ. Why? Because the current top lightweights are a step up in competition.

    Khabib, Tony, Dustin, Justin, and yes Conor are all >>>> Nate, Eddie, Donald, RDA

    Notable wins by Conor: Max (way before Max's prime)
    Dustin ( way before Dustin's prime)
    Aldo ( Conor is LW not FW, it was an impressive knockout, but wasn't long enough of a fight to judge skill here, we already know Conor can knock out 9/10 FW's so nothing we didnt know)
    Chad (too competitive of a fight, Conor ground game exposed hard)
    Nate (Nate's a gatekeeper not champion tier, period)
    Eddie ( this guy sucks, he sucked in ONE FC not long after he was UFC LW Champ)
    I won't even mention fights like Donald, that Conor is literally expected to win by everyone.

    So yeah, if you break down Conor's win's. Hardly impressive compared to: GSP, Silva, even Chuck Liddel during his prime.

    Conor needs Gaethje and especially Khabib to put him on a P4P list period. Also, he needs to defend a title against at least a few difficult challengers, like EVERY OTHER P4P champ has.
    get help
    Reply With Quote

  12. #72
    Registered User zhengterry's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Age: 30
    Posts: 14,720
    Rep Power: 74478
    zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    zhengterry is offline
    Originally Posted by Gainzzz View Post
    get help
    lol, what a weirdo. Repped and will get him on spread.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #73
    Registered User IronProdigy's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Location: United States
    Posts: 1,577
    Rep Power: 7484
    IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IronProdigy is offline
    Prime Jones is #1 though. If you replicated him at 170, he'd take GSP
    Reply With Quote

  14. #74
    Registered User rgnx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 917
    Rep Power: 5406
    rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rgnx is offline
    Originally Posted by Gainzzz View Post
    get help
    Originally Posted by zhengterry View Post
    lol, what a weirdo. Repped and will get him on spread.
    what's strange is people considering Conor a GOAT for beating: Alvarez, Nate, Mendes, Max and Dustin before their primes.

    the same people don't consider Khabib a GOAT when he smashed Conor.

    Cannot reason with fanboy logic lol

    Conor = one the the GOAT UFC entertainers, but fighting skill, far from it.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #75
    ayyy lmao Gainzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 10,153
    Rep Power: 51933
    Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gainzzz is offline
    Originally Posted by rgnx View Post
    what's strange is people considering Conor a GOAT for beating: Alvarez, Nate, Mendes, Max and Dustin before their primes.

    the same people don't consider Khabib a GOAT when he smashed Conor.

    Cannot reason with fanboy logic lol

    Conor = one the the GOAT UFC entertainers, but fighting skill, far from it.
    Probably because we can understand what we're watching with our eyes instead of just looking up records to see who beat who on wikipedia

    Most people who watch fights know how rare someone like Conor is/was

    You think Eddie Alvarez "sucked" despite reaching a point that 99.9% of fighters never will, and you keep talking about Chad Mendes as if he wasn't a world class fighter at 145

    It's quite odd

    You really need to watch more fights
    Reply With Quote

  16. #76
    Registered User Gizzyhardcore's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: New Zealand
    Age: 43
    Posts: 2,113
    Rep Power: 2217
    Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gizzyhardcore is offline
    Originally Posted by rgnx View Post
    bold, you aren't the brightest. Why would I think Aldo past his prime would beat Conor, a up and comer compared to Aldo? Conor simply needs to beat Khabib to be considered anything like a "GOAT" or P4P great. That's literally what it would take for me to change my mind on Conor, but it's not happening sorry
    hahah you actually are stupid.

    I have said about 4x now, just before they fought, Aldo was no 1 on the p4p lists. Dumbass casuals like yourself can claim they "knew" (wow magically knew something NO ONE ELSE DID) that he was washed up?

    http://www.mma-stats.com/rankings/2015-11-30

    You can't just make up stuff after the fact you fn moron, thats not how it works lol

    "You wanna address your earlier point about Max not being a GOAT?
    Max has NEVER been the GOAT, it's way too early for him. it was speculated that he had GOAT potential if he kept winning"

    You even fail and simply reading and comprehension. Never said Max was THE Goat, read what i said moron, I said A Goat
    And this has been said many many times Max is probably the GOAT 145lber, by commentators, fan consensus etc

    Heres a guy who has a bit to do with MMA, might know a little bit about MMA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=magA6fAlEmY

    Are we done with your 10 flavours of stupid yet?
    Reply With Quote

  17. #77
    Registered User Gizzyhardcore's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: New Zealand
    Age: 43
    Posts: 2,113
    Rep Power: 2217
    Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gizzyhardcore is offline
    Originally Posted by rgnx View Post
    what's strange is people considering Conor a GOAT for beating: Alvarez, Nate, Mendes, Max and Dustin before their primes.

    the same people don't consider Khabib a GOAT when he smashed Conor.

    Cannot reason with fanboy logic lol

    Conor = one the the GOAT UFC entertainers, but fighting skill, far from it.
    lmao your'e a complete idiot and casual. You need to have watched a fair bit of MMA to appreciate what Conor has done. Have been watched and appreciated champs such as Anderson, GSP, Jones etc. Who dominated, just like Conor did... but then whenever it was like "ok you have cleaned out your division, you should do a superfight" they all where like... nah I'll just stay in my division..

    Conor did it immediately. Its a big deal if you have actually watched MMA from its onset, no one had done or does that.

    Khabib has done similar, a systematic destruction of his division, rolling through undefeated, beating most people pretty easily. But... hes done it humbly, never calling for big fights, only getting those recently. And looked pretty average vs some people. Compare boths path to the belt.

    Khabib and Conor are both on my list. The thing is, Conor will always be a GOAT, he doesn't give a F, hes happy to risk losing for bigger and better things, when every other guy won't. Jones, Anderson, MightyMouse (esp him), Khabib. You think any of them would drop their belt for a superfight? and risk an L? nope. They scared.

    Also its bizzare you base you opinions on "feeling" rather than fact. Fact is, Aldo was the no 1 p4p when Conor iced him in 13 secs.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #78
    Registered User rgnx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 917
    Rep Power: 5406
    rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rgnx is offline
    Originally Posted by Gizzyhardcore View Post
    lmao your'e a complete idiot and casual. You need to have watched a fair bit of MMA to appreciate what Conor has done. Have been watched and appreciated champs such as Anderson, GSP, Jones etc. Who dominated, just like Conor did... but then whenever it was like "ok you have cleaned out your division, you should do a superfight" they all where like... nah I'll just stay in my division..

    Conor did it immediately. Its a big deal if you have actually watched MMA from its onset, no one had done or does that.

    Khabib has done similar, a systematic destruction of his division, rolling through undefeated, beating most people pretty easily. But... hes done it humbly, never calling for big fights, only getting those recently. And looked pretty average vs some people. Compare boths path to the belt.

    Khabib and Conor are both on my list. The thing is, Conor will always be a GOAT, he doesn't give a F, hes happy to risk losing for bigger and better things, when every other guy won't. Jones, Anderson, MightyMouse (esp him), Khabib. You think any of them would drop their belt for a superfight? and risk an L? nope. They scared.

    Also its bizzare you base you opinions on "feeling" rather than fact. Fact is, Aldo was the no 1 p4p when Conor iced him in 13 secs.
    Nothing I said is based off of "feeling". The fact is Conor will never be a GOAT until he defeats Khabib, at the very least lmao

    LOL @ calling Conor vs Alvarez a super fight. Conor simply moved up to fight at his natural weightclass against Eddie (not even a contender in ONE FC)
    Reply With Quote

  19. #79
    Registered User rgnx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 917
    Rep Power: 5406
    rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rgnx is offline
    Originally Posted by Gizzyhardcore View Post

    And Max never talked about as a GOAT? hes talked about ALL THE TIME as the GOAT 145. Where have you been? hahaha
    Is anyone calling Max a GOAT now? Yes or no. No

    Can a fighter be a GOAT, lose a fight, and no longer be the GOAT? No, he simply was never the GOAT to begin with.

    Oh now I see, you are being petty pathetic and saying

    "I said he is a goat" not "I said he is the goat" <-------------- LOL
    Reply With Quote

  20. #80
    Registered User Gizzyhardcore's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: New Zealand
    Age: 43
    Posts: 2,113
    Rep Power: 2217
    Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gizzyhardcore is offline
    Originally Posted by rgnx View Post

    Also, Aldo is past his prime vs Conor. This is obvious. Aldo was at the end of the decade long streak.

    Originally Posted by rgnx View Post
    Nothing I said is based off of "feeling". The fact is Conor will be a GOAT until he defeats Khabib, at the very least lmao

    LOL @ calling Conor vs Alvarez a super fight. Conor simply moved up to fight at his natural weightclass against Eddie (not even a contender in ONE FC)
    shoot yourself in the foot boyo haha, whats that you said about Aldo? after the fact hahah. Consensus no 1 p4p. But to you hes washed up

    What other insights have you got?

    Hahah superfight or not, All the other dominant champs in the history of the sport (until Conor) could only talk about challenging in another division, talk talk, yap yap. Anderson. GSP, Jones.

    Had you actually watched during this time, you will remember being in awe of these guys at how dominant they where... being excited about them challenging up a weight class (Jones vs Velasquez? GSP vs Anderson? Anderson vs Jones? Jones vs Lesnar?) and then being disappointed when they backed down.
    Then Conor comes along and actually backs up his talk, its refreshing to have a champ who does what he says... but like I said, if you are a casual and never watched when Anderson / GSP where champ.. you won't be able to appreciate what Conor did.

    I bet you started watching after Conor beat Alverez? am I right?
    Reply With Quote

  21. #81
    Registered User Gizzyhardcore's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: New Zealand
    Age: 43
    Posts: 2,113
    Rep Power: 2217
    Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Gizzyhardcore is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gizzyhardcore is offline
    Originally Posted by rgnx View Post
    Is anyone calling Max a GOAT now? Yes or no. No

    Can a fighter be a GOAT, lose a fight, and no longer be the GOAT? No, he simply was never the GOAT to begin with.

    Oh now I see, you are being petty pathetic and saying

    "I said he is a goat" not "I said he is the goat" <-------------- LOL
    simple question casual... who is the GOAT 145 then hahahahhahaaaa

    Didn't think of that one did we?
    Reply With Quote

  22. #82
    Registered User rgnx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 917
    Rep Power: 5406
    rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rgnx is offline
    Originally Posted by Gizzyhardcore View Post
    simple question casual... who is the GOAT 145 then hahahahhahaaaa

    Didn't think of that one did we?
    Aldo, based off his 10 year streak of dominating ALL top contenders in FW during his time. Is he currently the best FW, no. Does he have the most impressive streak over the longest period of time, and most title defenses out of all current FW's? Yes.

    Could be Max, if he beats Alexander, regains his belt, and defends against new contenders for the next few years.
    Reply With Quote

  23. #83
    Registered User rgnx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 917
    Rep Power: 5406
    rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rgnx is offline
    Originally Posted by Gizzyhardcore View Post

    I bet you started watching after Conor beat Alverez? am I right?
    My first UFC event I ever watched was Rich Franklin vs David Loasiou. That was in 2006 when I was in highschool. Back when Tito, Chuck, Couture, Sylvia, were at the top of their game.

    So yeah, i've seen the MMA game change and evolve a lot over time.

    BTW even BJ Penn's achievements >>>>> Conor. And no, i'm not suggesting BJ would beat Conor now, you peanut
    Reply With Quote

  24. #84
    Nothing To See Here cgc's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
    Posts: 21,492
    Rep Power: 1367748
    cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    cgc is offline
    Is it me or has not a single person mentioned Dan Henderson.
    He's fought at Middle, Lightheavy and Heavyweight winning titles at Middle and LHW and beaten legends at HW. IMO, he used to be top 5 but over the past several years I'd say he's dropped...but at the very least top 10 for sure.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

    The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
    Reply With Quote

  25. #85
    Daddy's home, DC. scooterbrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
    Posts: 17,229
    Rep Power: 200374
    scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    scooterbrah is offline
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    Is it me or has not a single person mentioned Dan Henderson.
    He's fought at Middle, Lightheavy and Heavyweight winning titles at Middle and LHW and beaten legends at HW. IMO, he used to be top 5 but over the past several years I'd say he's dropped...but at the very least top 10 for sure.
    i got you boss

    Originally Posted by scooterbrah View Post
    fedor
    gsp
    jones
    anderson
    hendo
    wand
    aldo
    dj
    dc
    big nog
    MinisterOfLust: scooterbrah and Mcfreoko are the two worst posters here.
    Reply With Quote

  26. #86
    Nothing To See Here cgc's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
    Posts: 21,492
    Rep Power: 1367748
    cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    cgc is offline
    Originally Posted by scooterbrah View Post
    i got you boss
    Ah, I missed that...my bad.

    It's crazy how many people have forgotten or don't give the guy enough credit.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

    The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
    Reply With Quote

  27. #87
    Registered User rgnx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 917
    Rep Power: 5406
    rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rgnx is offline
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    Ah, I missed that...my bad.

    It's crazy how many people have forgotten or don't give the guy enough credit.
    Henderson is a MMA pioneer for sure. He had competitive fights with ALL the top competitors for over a decade.

    Unfortunately, he also lost many of those fights and didn't have the greatest fights towards the end of his career in the UFC, when MMA was just starting to get popular in the mainstream.

    Probably why he isn't considered on many lists.

    It's funny though, because Henderson's achievements far surpass Conor's (so far). yet look how many ride Conor's balls.
    Reply With Quote

  28. #88
    ayyy lmao Gainzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 10,153
    Rep Power: 51933
    Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gainzzz is offline
    Originally Posted by rgnx View Post
    It's funny though, because Henderson's achievements far surpass Conor's (so far). yet look how many ride Conor's balls.
    Probably because all time p4p rankings aren't based solely on achievements, ya goof

    Also, no they don't lol

    At all
    Reply With Quote

  29. #89
    Registered User rgnx's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 917
    Rep Power: 5406
    rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000) rgnx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rgnx is offline
    Originally Posted by Gainzzz View Post
    Probably because all time p4p rankings aren't based solely on achievements, ya goof

    Also, no they don't lol

    At all
    Conor's notable fights: Khabib, Aldo, Diaz, Alvarez, Mendes, Cowboy.

    Henderson's notable fights: Bisping, Lombard, Belfort (few times, even during Vitor's prime), Mousasi, DC, Shogun, Rashad, Machida, Fedor, Lil Nog, Anderson Silva, Rich Franklin... the list goes ON.

    Conor has achieved nothing compared to Henderson. Facts.

    Henderson's career is over, Conor could get a lot of **** done and build a resume like that, but he's not the one.
    Reply With Quote

  30. #90
    ayyy lmao Gainzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 10,153
    Rep Power: 51933
    Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gainzzz is offline
    Originally Posted by rgnx View Post
    Conor's notable fights: Khabib, Aldo, Diaz, Alvarez, Mendes, Cowboy.

    Henderson's notable fights: Bisping, Lombard, Belfort (few times, even during Vitor's prime), Mousasi, DC, Shogun, Rashad, Machida, Fedor, Lil Nog, Anderson Silva, Rich Franklin... the list goes ON.

    Conor has achieved nothing compared to Henderson. Facts.

    Henderson's career is over, Conor could get a lot of **** done and build a resume like that, but he's not the one.
    You're giving a guy credit for LOSING fights to guys with a good name but you won't give Conor credit for going up a weight class and humiliating the sitting champion?

    lmfao what

    Let's recap

    Eddie Alvarez sucked
    Chad Mendes was a gatekeeper
    Losing multiple fights to people with big names > winning a UFC world title
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts