renehockertz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Muscle building possible as long as there is a calorie deficit?

Hello,

Every time I hear from different people that it is allegedly not possible to build muscles when you are in a calorie deficit BUT you get your daily protein anyway.

I disagree and can speak for myself from experience, as I initially managed to lose fat only with strength training without cardio and at the same time build muscle. Now I don't do it yet, because I don't need it yet, but it would be interesting to know whether the thesis above is true (or even only works in the "early years")...

I would be very grateful for answers!

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can gain muscle in a deficit, easy for beginners, harder the longer you have been training, and very hard/impossible(ish) for advanced lifters.

https://sci-fit.net/bulking-deficit-gaining/
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Being in a deficit is a headwind for muscle gain but at lower deficits this can be overcome.

Bear in mind that nobody trains perfectly so there are other 'headwinds' that can slow or stop your training progress (lack of consistency and effort being the greatest of these). So in a deficit, it becomes more likely that you slip from making some progress to making none.

The problem is that people are impatient to lose weight so often run large deficits. It's also very hard to accurately track muscle gain - so you don't know if you are spinning your wheels or not for extended periods of time. Strength is a reasonable indicator - but not foolproof - because it can rise even without gaining muscle (at least in the short term).

xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Possible? Yes, but with the caveats explained above.
    Ideal? Hardly ever.