minde0815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to better calculate nutrients ratio with calories?

Hello again,
    I'm lost with the calorie counting. I'm really new with this healthy eating stuff.

Here's what i've read in an article:
    ''All you need to remember is that 1 gram of carbs equals 4 calories, 1 gram of protein equals 4 calories, and 1 gram of fat always equals 9 calories. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.''

I look at my rice now and see that in 100 grams it has 76,5g carbs + 356calories
    or buckwheat has 61g carbs + 327 calories.

61x4=244, so it's not exactly 1x4, so if i calculate like the article says i'm not going to reach my wanted calorie intake?

and then, should i start translating calories from carbs in vegetables too?

as i thought that i can basically just try reaching protein + carb + fat intake and it will equal to my needed calorie intake, but seems like i'm wrong?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by minde0815 View Post
    Hello again,
    I'm lost with the calorie counting. I'm really new with this healthy eating stuff.

Here's what i've read in an article:
    ''All you need to remember is that 1 gram of carbs equals 4 calories, 1 gram of protein equals 4 calories, and 1 gram of fat always equals 9 calories. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.''

I look at my rice now and see that in 100 grams it has 76,5g carbs + 356calories
    or buckwheat has 61g carbs + 327 calories.

61x4=244, so it's not exactly 1x4, so if i calculate like the article says i'm not going to reach my wanted calorie intake?

and then, should i start translating calories from carbs in vegetables too?

as i thought that i can basically just try reaching protein + carb + fat intake and it will equal to my needed calorie intake, but seems like i'm wrong?
    Ricee and buckwheat have different amounts of fat, fiber, and protein... they're not 100% carbs.

And yes, veggies have carbs... they count... calories exist in every natural food.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

minde0815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Ricee and buckwheat have different amounts of fat, fiber, and protein... they're not 100% carbs.

And yes, veggies have carbs... they count... calories exist in every natural food.
    yeah but, see that's where i'm lost now i see in multiple websites ''1carb = 4 calories'' which is clearly not true based on what i read on labels. could you elaborate a bit on that please?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by minde0815 View Post
    yeah but, see that's where i'm lost now i see in multiple websites ''1carb = 4 calories'' which is clearly not true based on what i read on labels. could you elaborate a bit on that please?
    Total calories include fats and proteins too....
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"