tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Troy ez-curl bar

Anyone have any views on Troy's ez-curl bars i) Deluxe 5’ Commercial Olympic Curl Bar or ii) VTX Super 74" XL Olympic Black 6’ EZ Curl Bar?

troyfitness.com/online-store/Deluxe-5%E2%80%99-Commercial-Olympic-Curl-Bar-p110215474
    troyfitness.com/online-store/VTX-Super-74-XL-Olympic-Black-6%E2%80%99-EZ-Curl-Bar-p111234827

They are around $200-$250 CAD new. Getting Rogue or Ivanko is much more expensive in Canada. Some previous posts from a search said the Troy angles are "weak" compared to Rogue or Ivanko but not really sure what that means.

Alternatively, I was considering a Synergee curl bar (black/chrome) version which is around $150CAD but its 28mm and I assume is a standard China import.

iheartsynergee.ca/products/synergee-ez-curl-bars?variant=31481760219238

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Personally, curl bars for me aren't used often enough to warrant large expenses towards them. Like if i'm gonna blow over 100 bucks on a curl bar, i'd want to be at a point where i'm going to get a lot of use out of it. If it's going to be expensive, I think it should have a good weight capacity(350 or higher) and be rackable. I don't wanna buy something and have it just sit around most of the time, i'd feel like an idiot for buying it, and like it was a waste of space. They're great if you're into extensions, curls, but i'd rather have a good straight bar/dumbbell set up than a good curl bar. Even if it is made by Troy, whom i've had nothing but excellent experiences with. They're expensive, but it's really a set it and forget it type deal with them. I've never had to replace anything i've bought from that company, they're usually one of my top choices of companies to deal with, but sometimes they don't have/offer a type of equipment i'm looking for and have to try someone else instead.

Anyway, to get back on track - I think spend the bigger bucks on items you'll use the most like straight bar, dumbbells, a rack, etc. I'd start off with a less expensive offering for specialty items like curl bars, so you can test the waters before diving in too deep financially. See if you like it, you might or you might not. If you find that you don't, no harm done.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    Personally, curl bars for me aren't used often enough to warrant large expenses towards them. Like if i'm gonna blow over 100 bucks on a curl bar, i'd want to be at a point where i'm going to get a lot of use out of it. If it's going to be expensive, I think it should have a good weight capacity(350 or higher) and be rackable. I don't wanna buy something and have it just sit around most of the time, i'd feel like an idiot for buying it, and like it was a waste of space. They're great if you're into extensions, curls, but i'd rather have a good straight bar/dumbbell set up than a good curl bar. Even if it is made by Troy, whom i've had nothing but excellent experiences with. They're expensive, but it's really a set it and forget it type deal with them. I've never had to replace anything i've bought from that company, they're usually one of my top choices of companies to deal with, but sometimes they don't have/offer a type of equipment i'm looking for and have to try someone else instead.

Anyway, to get back on track - I think spend the bigger bucks on items you'll use the most like straight bar, dumbbells, a rack, etc. I'd start off with a less expensive offering for specialty items like curl bars, so you can test the waters before diving in too deep financially. See if you like it, you might or you might not. If you find that you don't, no harm done.

Thanks. I pretty much have all the basics so a curl bar is next on the list as an accessory item. I would rather buy once (within reason) and forget about it than try some lower end bars first.

I was also thinking of the York international curl bar as a cheaper option ($150 CAD). Not sure if the grips are urethane or rubber and would probably prefer gripping steel.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tytw00 View Post
    Thanks. I pretty much have all the basics so a curl bar is next on the list as an accessory item. I would rather buy once (within reason) and forget about it than try some lower end bars first.

I was also thinking of the York international curl bar as a cheaper option ($150 CAD). Not sure if the grips are urethane or rubber and would probably prefer gripping steel.
    That York curl bar is fitted with rubber grips, it's well made, but IMO the bends are way too shallow.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had a Troy 6' curl bar I liked very well. I think it was the same one you had a link for , it fit in a power rack , 30mm, and had pretty decent bends.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel