bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Re-Injure shoulder? 5 1/2 months post op

I had a bankart labrum repair (3 sutures) done on my right shoulder December 2nd, nearly 6 months ago. Last weekend I was shooting hoops, which felt fine for my shoulder. After warming up I started throwing the ball against the wall pretty hard (to bounce back to me like a pass...idk). Even throwing that felt fine too; throwing with just 1 arm. But this week I’ve been having pretty sharp pains where the repair was done. The pain is lessened with each day. I saw my surgeon and explained my symptoms, he didn’t seem to be too concerned. He prescribed me a round of some strong NSAIDs (Celecoxib), and told me to proceed with my normal workouts. But if the pain persists after 4 weeks he’d like to MRI my shoulder. I obviously know I did too much too soon and hopefully it’s just irritated idk. Just wondering how likely it is to re-tear/re-injure my shoulder 5 1/2 months out? Anyone had experience with this type of scenario?
    Last edited by bbock4; 05-24-2020 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Update

bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbock4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    *Bump... anybody??*

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Best advice is if the pain persists, go get the MRI as suggested and go from there

That’s what I planned on doing. But just didn’t know how likely it is to “undo” what the surgeon corrected, or pop the anchors loose. Being that This happened 5 1/2 months post-op, and my doc said I would be 100% clear at 6 months to do whatever. For the last 2 months I’ve been able to do push ups/military presses and any pulling excercises pain-free. So just wondering if this is common this close to the “being cleared” date?
    Last edited by bbock4; 05-29-2020 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Update

alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ask your doctor, nobody here can do anything more than speculate

Update

So I had an MRI last week on the shoulder that was operated on. The surgeon and radiologist confirmed that the repair was intact, along with no additional labral tears. The surgeon explained that I will experience these types of pains for at least a year post op.
    But my brain always plays devils advocate... I’ve had a false negative MRI before (For this shoulder surgery). So in my head I still think sometimes I may have a labrum tear that was undetected by the MRI. The pain is similar to pre op sometimes... I’m clearly a hypochondriac though
    Anyone else have a similar experience, but come out of this back to 100%/pain-free?
    Last edited by bbock4; 06-22-2020 at 10:24 AM. Reason: update

Question

*bump*