herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Landlords who won't give back damage deposit

Tired of cleaning the place and the landlord not giving back the damage deposit. Any brahs have managed to get theirs back?

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I always got back my security deposits when I rented.

LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LtGoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always got back my and the landlord's security deposit when I rented
    And on the 8th day, the Lord opened the first Chick Fil A

Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    I always got back my security deposits when I rented.
    Same here.

However, there are scumbags out there who find anything, just to try to scam people out of their deposits.

drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've been scammed out of my security deposit twice. Fake charges, overpriced cleaning. Greedy bastards. Check the reviews of the management next time.
    Ohio State buckeyes & Atlanta Falcons

hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lol I would require it deposited back on the spot the day I was vacating. Or I would cause 1000$ of damages on my way out.

stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Almost always got the security deposit back. Learned the hard way to always do a walkthrough with the landlord right before you hand them the keys so they can't hit you with made up stuff later.
    "Bones heal, pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars" - Evel Knievel

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We just kept almost half of a tenant's $2k deposit. Main thing was the walls: well beyond normal wear & tear, large patches torn off not just nail holes etc. They left contact paper in all the drawers which took a long time to remove and left a bad residue beneath, missing shower head, broken closet door...

$150 for cleaning, $600 for repainting, the rest for odds/ends for minor repairs (like the shower head and door).

If you want your deposit back - you need to leave the apartment in the same condition as when you moved in. Anything beyond normal "wear and tear" comes out of the deposit.

herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) herebrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by hackfunnigans View Post
    Lol I would require it deposited back on the spot the day I was vacating. Or I would cause 1000$ of damages on my way out.
    Business is time sensitive. This is the solution. Can't move out fist then ask for the deposit they just block your number

ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZeroPercentTip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Landlord always gives me my deposit back and then gives me extra money back for being such a great tenant
    Legz is my 10/10

Stamford, CT

Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not legal here. Landlords need to provide you with a detailed and itemized list of any deductions from your security deposit

And for the duration of your tenancy, they need to keep it in certain types of accounts that will accrue interest etc. They actually need to give you back the damage deposit + the interest over that time

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Destor View Post
    Not legal here. Landlords need to provide you with a detailed and itemized list of any deductions from your security deposit

And for the duration of your tenancy, they need to keep it in certain types of accounts that will accrue interest etc. They actually need to give you back the damage deposit + the interest over that time
    The former is required by law in the US as well - tenant has the right to demand receipts/invoices for deductions from deposit. Landlord can't just say "we kept it" without backing it up.

Interest accounts are not, though.

Originally Posted by sunsean View Post
    The former is required by law in the US as well - tenant has the right to demand receipts/invoices for deductions from deposit. Landlord can't just say "we kept it" without backing it up.

Interest accounts are not, though.
    And if they don't nobody cares cops don't care that's why they block your number and keep the deposit

Originally Posted by herebrah View Post
    And if they don't nobody cares cops don't care that's why they block your number and keep the deposit
    You can sue them, but most people wouldn't go through the trouble so landlords get away with it. You have legal course to take but it's a huge hassle.

If I were you I'd find a friend who is a lawyer or works at a firm and get a letter drafted threatening legal action - maybe that will be enough to either get the $ back or at least the receipts showing what they charged you for without having to actually go to court.

Of course it depends on what the reality is...for all we know you could've trashed the place. But if you legit think they wrongfully kept your deposit then good luck.

pengh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pengh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pengh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pengh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pengh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pengh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pengh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pengh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pengh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pengh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pengh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haven't rented in the past 10 years, but out of the 5 places I rented from, it was pretty much known beforehand that there's a slim chance you get anything back. These were $500 security deposits. Like 15/20 years ago. Mostly in beach towns where a lot of college kids rent...
    * Eggs and Rice crew *
    * Bass Guitar Ibanez Crew *

Strange hobbies

MMGA

Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can sue them, but most people wouldn't go through the trouble so landlords get away with it. You have legal course to take but it's a huge hassle.

If I were you I'd find a friend who is a lawyer or works at a firm and get a letter drafted threatening legal action - maybe that will be enough to either get the $ back or at least the receipts showing what they charged you for without having to actually go to court.

Of course it depends on what the reality is...for all we know you could've trashed the place. But if you legit think they wrongfully kept your deposit then good luck.
    Yeah I'd think people would be more inclined to intentionally do some damage to the place rather than pursuing costly legal action. Risky af game to play as a landlord

ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol @ scummaxxing landlords

Heard suing them will cost more than the deposit. Not sure about small claims though. The letter is a good idea to try and get the money back. What's the purpose of getting the receipt to see what they charged me for? Never damaged a place in my life. Thx

Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Out of highschool, the first few places I rented I got no deposit/extra charges after moving out, despite going overboard on cleaning the houses, repainting all the walls, professional shampooing, etc. The last 2 places I rented I planned on not getting anything back so I left them in the same shape as when I moved in, quick vacuum and mowed the lawns, washed the mirrors and countertops, etc, and received full deposits back for both of em.
    Landlords and rental agencies are (almost) all just using the multiple bs deposits for padding their bank accounts.
    PR's:
    DL 355
    SQ 275
    BP 195

SpeedMan1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeedMan1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeedMan1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeedMan1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeedMan1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeedMan1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeedMan1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeedMan1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeedMan1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeedMan1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeedMan1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    tear the place up and let them deal with it

Originally Posted by Stafor View Post
    Out of highschool, the first few places I rented I got no deposit/extra charges
    So they kept your deposit?

Yeah I'd think people would be more inclined to intentionally do some damage to the place rather than pursuing costly legal action. Risky af game to play as a landlord
    Well the issue is landlords illegally keeping a security deposit. If you damage the place then you have no argument or case. And if you intentionally go back to cause damage after moving out - jail time.

Heard suing them will cost more than the deposit. Not sure about small claims though. The letter is a good idea to try and get the money back. What's the purpose of getting the receipt to see what they charged me for? Never damaged a place in my life. Thx
    The purpose of the receipts is that landlords are supposed to keep the $ only for legitimate repairs, they can't just keep the deposit on a whim. Of course this all depends on the law and being able to actually get results through the legal system. Also always take photos of the apartment on the day you move out, if you ever have to pursue legal action this will make or break your case if they are making stuff up after the fact.

Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000)
    So they kept your deposit?
    Yes, kept deposit and tried to charge me for stuff. One wanted the carpets re-shampood after I gave them the receipt from a professional cleaning outfit, told them to take it up with them and never heard back, another tried charging for the grass that had grown after I'd moved out, sent them pictures of how it looked when the lease was up vs when they took pictures and tried charging me a month after, didn't hear back from them either.
    PR's:
    DL 355
    SQ 275
    BP 195

var1ous is not very well liked. (-100) var1ous is not very well liked. (-100) var1ous is not very well liked. (-100) var1ous is not very well liked. (-100) var1ous is not very well liked. (-100) var1ous is not very well liked. (-100) var1ous is not very well liked. (-100) var1ous is not very well liked. (-100) var1ous is not very well liked. (-100) var1ous is not very well liked. (-100) var1ous is not very well liked. (-100)
    well you damaged the place living there just LOL

r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Take them to the tenancy tribunal or whatever your equivalent is. Usually they are fairly sympathetic to the tenant ( here they are blatantly biased in favour of the tenant).

I can’t recall ever having kept a deposit a) because I understand the concept of “fair wear and tear” and b) more often than not the house is days from being demolished

Alternatively you could just buy your own place and forever rid yourself of the indignity of having to deal with scumbag landlords
    By reading this post you acknowledge r32gojirra is an online persona and all posts by r32gojirra are satirical in nature. Comments by r32gojirra shall not reflect on the integrity and morals of the author portraying the online character nor any professional or contractual affiliates of the author.

AP4C
    HTC
    Repped by kimm into 100kcrew crew