theoasis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theoasis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theoasis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theoasis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theoasis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theoasis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A new beginning of a fat man

Hi everyone, I might not be as fit and healthy as most of you people are but finally after years of negligence, bad relationship and depression, I have realized that it is the time to change and to begin again, I am 37 years old man weighing around 120 kgs having a height of 5'7, i already started diet change and stop consuming sugar for the past 2 weeks, as i enrolled local planet fitness gym, i need to make a plan regarding the exercises as i am a complete novice to the gym environment as i always feel nervous to step inside but this time nothing can stop me.

I will be helpful if someone experience to guide me.

Cheers

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If in your first week you do way too little, you are likely to feel emotionally bad about it and want to go back in second week to do some more

If in your first week you overdo it, you'll feel physically bad and probably not go back to the gym.

The "trick" is to start only doing ridiculously small amounts, then slowly slowly increase over months. Like that story about dropping a frog into boiling water versus cold and slowly heating.

Get a doctor check first (if needed) and start by doing way too little (not too much!) You are playing the long game.

Welcome, and enjoy...

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    listen to OFT

it's a long game

the reward is improvement over time

no one in your gym cares what you do, or how you look .... but .... regulars will see your improvement over time, and they will respect that
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)