Thread: Carnivore diet?

AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Carnivore diet?

So I've recently been reading about the Carnivore diet, and how everyone who does it seems to love it. And I admit that I am intrigued. I am considering going this route, but have some reservations. Has anyone here tried it? Is it unhealthy? Lots of fatty red meat, steak, etc. to be found there. The people I've asked said that after the first week of feeling sick, they lost tons of body fat, gained strength in the gym, had higher energy, increased mental clarity, less health issues, etc.

I really want to try this, but need some encouragement. I've also read a little bit about Paleo and it seems like a Carnivore light diet. Lots of meats, but you can have grain/starch free carbs: fruits, leafy greens, nuts and seeds. I do like my berries and don't see the harm in eating them for the antioxidants.

Is it all hype, or is there truth here?

1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AdamFrostburg View Post
    So I've recently been reading about the Carnivore diet, and how everyone who does it seems to love it. And I admit that I am intrigued. I am considering going this route, but have some reservations. Has anyone here tried it? Is it unhealthy? Lots of fatty red meat, steak, etc. to be found there. The people I've asked said that after the first week of feeling sick, they lost tons of body fat, gained strength in the gym, had higher energy, increased mental clarity, less health issues, etc.

I really want to try this, but need some encouragement. I've also read a little bit about Paleo and it seems like a Carnivore light diet. Lots of meats, but you can have grain/starch free carbs: fruits, leafy greens, nuts and seeds. I do like my berries and don't see the harm in eating them for the antioxidants.

Is it all hype, or is there truth here?
    Hey Adam... I have found that all of these name brand diets that restrict foods are difficult to sustain. They also seem to spur harsh rebounds when coming off them. They may get results, but so will a diet that includes a balance of healthy foods that you enjoy. The deprivation/restriction element can have an adverse effect on a lot of people in due course.

A personal example: I was in a clinical state of ketosis for more than three solid months. Great results for sure, and for a while, I believed that I could adhere to the keto lifestyle indefinitely. Well, at some point into month 4 I couldn't take it any longer. I had a hellish rebound in returning to all the foods I deprived myself of the previous three months... Needless to say, I undid all the progress I made in short order and had to start from scratch all over again.

Hope that helps some...
    Without proper diets and effective meal plans dialed in, you might well be spitting in the wind.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No support from me here. I think the idea is insanely stupid.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's a stupid gimmick. You won't find objective evidence supporting any kind of advantage. And humans aren't designed to be carvivores - that much is evident just by comparing the digestive tract of a real carnivore vs. a human.

I looked at it a while ago and it seems you have to do ridiculous things just to avoid getting severe vitamin deficiencies like eating loads of gross offal every day. And for what? You could have a nice piece of fruit instead.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To those of you who have looked into it in depth, what is even the ostensible point of only eating meat? I just don't see why there would be any sense in totally precluding fruits and vegetables by deliberate choice.

That aside, what about actual human societies who primarily subsist/ed on meat? Eskimos and the plains tribes of North America come to mind. Even though a diet with fruits and vegetables is healthier, wouldn't organ meat and herbs, perhaps, supply the necessary micronutrients for a normal lifespan?
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    To those of you who have looked into it in depth, what is even the ostensible point of only eating meat? I just don't see why there would be any sense in totally precluding fruits and vegetables by deliberate choice.

That aside, what about actual human societies who primarily subsist/ed on meat? Eskimos and the plains tribes of North America come to mind. Even though a diet with fruits and vegetables is healthier, wouldn't organ meat and herbs, perhaps, supply the necessary micronutrients for a normal lifespan?
    Vitamins and minerals which are typically derived from plant sources are nonetheless present in most Inuit diets. Vitamins A and D are present in the oils and livers of cold-water fishes and mammals. Vitamin C is obtained through sources such as caribou liver, kelp, muktuk, and seal brain; because these foods are typically eaten raw or frozen, the vitamin C they contain, which would be destroyed by cooking, is instead preserved
    This sounds like something you do out of necessity to me - not because it's somehow better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_cuisine

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

probably more facts in the x-files than a carnivore dieters brain...

No one sane is going to recommend you jump on a horrendous fad diet
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I see. This makes sense. I can't imagine only eating meat.

So what about low-carb? Just eating meat, seafood, eggs, and fresh vegetables, fiber, and some fruits and very few nuts/seeds? Are there any issues to this?

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamFrostburg View Post
    I see. This makes sense. I can't imagine only eating meat.

So what about low-carb? Just eating meat, seafood, eggs, and fresh vegetables, fiber, and some fruits and very few nuts/seeds? Are there any issues to this?
    No problem, unless you're someone that does better with carbs.

The question is though, why would you willingly restrict yourself from so many foods?

A calorie deficit is what drives fat loss.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    No problem, unless you're someone that does better with carbs.

The question is though, why would you willingly restrict yourself from so many foods?

A calorie deficit is what drives fat loss.
    gluten bruh

fructose bruh

anti-nutrients bruh

=o)
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"