rnickel17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to most Accurately calculate calories burned?

I’m really focusing on making sure I’m in a 500 calorie deficit each day.

I’m using My Fitness Pal to track all calories consumed and making sure to meet macros.

I do have my chest strap polar h10 hr monitor. And wear it all day and night to get my calorie burn.

Is this how trainers make sure people are in a deficit? Should I be doing something else to most accurately meet my target.

Thankyou
    Last edited by rnickel17; 05-23-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Figuring out your daily calories consumed, or Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) is more a game of estimating than a definitive number, especially when you are first trying to figure it out.

The best thing to do is generally start with a reasonable estimate either from some standard formula (like weight in pounds x 14) or from the heart rate monitor and tracking software you are using, record it into a log along with the total calories consumed for the day and continue that process for 2-4 weeks while monitoring your weight loss.

For example, with an estimated 500 cal/day deficit you should lose roughly one pound of fat per week so if after after three weeks you find that you have lost about three pounds of fat then just keep going with the way you have been. If on the other hand you find that you haven't lost as much as you should have (or potentially have lost even more than expected) then something in your figures is probably off, either your TDEE estimate ~or~ the amount of calories that you have actually been consuming.

A mistake with either one will definitely throw things off.

If that happens then either adjust your estimated calories consumed or factor in an adjustment to what your HR app is telling you is your calories burned each day.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

rnickel17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks Greatly Man!!! I’ll do exactly that! 🙂👍