addeproo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Cutting crash. help

Hello!

I've been cutting for 3,5 month. My goal is 4 months. Slowly increasing my workout and decreasing my intake.
    Right now I'm working out almost everyday, running 2 times a week, 3 lifting days, 2 cardio days. I've gone from 85 kg to 71,5 kg / 187 lbs to 157,6 lbs.

3 days ago I ran out of all energy and have felt completely exhausted since. Not being able to workout or go to work, sleeping or resting almost all day. Having hard time focusing.
    I still don't feel better... I've called a doctor who just told me to start eating more again.

Is this something usual? Any experience?
    I'm happy with what I've achieved so far. Should I call it of and priorities my health?

Thank you

NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by addeproo View Post
    Hello!

I've been cutting for 3,5 month. My goal is 4 months. Slowly increasing my workout and decreasing my intake.
    Right now I'm working out almost everyday, running 2 times a week, 3 lifting days, 2 cardio days. I've gone from 85 kg to 71,5 kg / 187 lbs to 157,6 lbs.

3 days ago I ran out of all energy and have felt completely exhausted since. Not being able to workout or go to work, sleeping or resting almost all day. Having hard time focusing.
    I still don't feel better... I've called a doctor who just told me to start eating more again.

I'm happy with what I've achieved so far. Should I call it of and priorities my health?

Thank you
    How tall are you?

How many calories have you been eating?

It sounds like you are on too few calories for the level of activity you are at - rather than call it off you would be better to eat at maintenance and have a bit of a breather while you get your head together. I'd say reduce the volume of your workouts but keep the intensity high (fewer sets but lift heavy) to retain muscle and keep the cardio fairly light - maybe swap running for walking.

Originally Posted by NearlyBigAngus View Post
    How tall are you?

How many calories have you been eating?

It sounds like you are on too few calories for the level of activity you are at - rather than call it off you would be better to eat at maintenance and have a bit of a breather while you get your head together. I'd say reduce the volume of your workouts but keep the intensity high (fewer sets but lift heavy) to retain muscle and keep the cardio fairly light - maybe swap running for walking.
    I'm 178 cm tall. Been eating 1950 kcal for about 3 weeks.

NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm 178 cm tall. Been eating 1950 kcal for about 3 weeks.
    Haw are you measuring calories - do you use a food scale or are you estimating with cups etc? At your height and weight you shouldn't struggle too much on those calories but I think you're probably burning off a lot with your cardio.

To be honest, at your weight and height I don't think you should try to lose much if any more as you'll end up looking emaciated. I'd eat maintenance for a little while to recharge the batteries before going on a long slow clean "bulk".

A4min is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) A4min is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) A4min is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) A4min is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) A4min is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) A4min is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) A4min is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) A4min is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) A4min is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) A4min is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) A4min is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hello!

Thank you
    Looks like you're not eating enough.
    Your way more likely to burn out during a long cut IF you push too hard. The same thing happened to me last month. Take a week off training and let your body and mind recover. Just remember to still stick to your diet and do 1 meal in week with increased carbs and if you go back to training and still feel chit then you're food needs to increase.

Originally Posted by NearlyBigAngus View Post
    Haw are you measuring calories - do you use a food scale or are you estimating with cups etc? At your height and weight you shouldn't struggle too much on those calories but I think you're probably burning off a lot with your cardio.

To be honest, at your weight and height I don't think you should try to lose much if any more as you'll end up looking emaciated. I'd eat maintenance for a little while to recharge the batteries before going on a long slow clean "bulk".
    I'm using a food scale.
    Alright, thank you!

I'm using a food scale.
    Alright, thank you!
    Okay - so your calories should be fairly accurate so probably just not enough fuel for the workouts and cardio... eat a little more.