Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Developing self discipline

Has anyone gone from a lazy, undisciplined failure to a successful go getter and if so what age did it occur and what spurred the change?

Pedicabo ego vos et irrum A-GAME's Avatar
    A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Watch some videos on youtube. You will find more practical advice there than on a forum filled with incel phaggots.
    President Trump is 73 and doesn't wear glasses. Wanna know why? Because he's got 2020....

Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitzl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes. Didn't want to be a loser anymore working chitty jobs, knowing I was capable of so much more. Lost 80 lbs, started my own business that is semi-successful and I'm working very casual hours just for myself. I guess the change happened around 27-28 when I broke up with my ex and I felt like I was starting from a clean sheet. No luck or fairytale involved, purely hard work, dedication and willpower.

Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I feel I'm reasonably disciplined, probably more so in some areas of my life than others. I do like to watch some YouTube videos on content like that but it's easy to fall into the cycle of forever seeking knowledge and not acting on it.

Originally Posted by Schnitzl View Post
    Yes. Didn't want to be a loser anymore working chitty jobs, knowing I was capable of so much more. Lost 80 lbs, started my own business that is semi-successful and I'm working very casual hours just for myself. I guess the change happened around 27-28 when I broke up with my ex and I felt like I was starting from a clean sheet. No luck or fairytale involved, purely hard work, dedication and willpower.
    Good chit bro, even if the business weren't successful it's still adding to experience and character building.

quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Peaked in high school for me when I realized I needed to stop being the guy trying to have fun and be social and needed to work on grades for the future. Eventually became top of my class for my area of concentration

But just remember there’s a trade off to everything. You’ll sacrifice things you love or enjoy in the now to make the necessary changes for what you consider to be a better you

Originally Posted by quadfecta View Post
    Peaked in high school for me when I realized I needed to stop being the guy trying to have fun and be social and needed to work on grades for the future. Eventually became top of my class for my area of concentration

But just remember there’s a trade off to everything. You’ll sacrifice things you love or enjoy in the now to make the necessary changes for what you consider to be a better you
    I get you bro.

I suppose what I really want to get at is what causes the change where someone goes from X to super disciplined and successful. Is it like a top down approach such as a total shift in mindset or more of a bottom up approach: implementing daily habits that add up over time? Obviously there's no right answer but I'm just curious to hear people's thoughts/experiences.

quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quadfecta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Timdawg21 View Post
    I get you bro.

I suppose what I really want to get at is what causes the change where someone goes from X to super disciplined and successful. Is it like a top down approach such as a total shift in mindset or more of a bottom up approach: implementing daily habits that add up over time? Obviously there's no right answer but I'm just curious to hear people's thoughts/experiences.
    For most it’s an epiphany or sparked by some personal event that causes you to reevaluate yourself and the direction you’re headed. Lose a good friend or relationship with a girl you thought was your everything, for example. Dissatisfaction and a desire to be better..as simplistic as that sounds

At the end of the day it’s just human nature. Coping with the fact that we’re hard wired biologically to always be moving forward and improving. That’s why deadbeats who reject this get hooked on substances that bypasses this neurological process in favor of cheap thrills

Registered User sunrisesunshine's Avatar
    sunrisesunshine is a name known to all. (+5000) sunrisesunshine is a name known to all. (+5000) sunrisesunshine is a name known to all. (+5000) sunrisesunshine is a name known to all. (+5000) sunrisesunshine is a name known to all. (+5000) sunrisesunshine is a name known to all. (+5000) sunrisesunshine is a name known to all. (+5000) sunrisesunshine is a name known to all. (+5000) sunrisesunshine is a name known to all. (+5000) sunrisesunshine is a name known to all. (+5000) sunrisesunshine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Has anyone gone from a lazy, undisciplined failure to a successful go getter and if so what age did it occur and what spurred the change?
    yes, but that only happens when youve hit your all time low.
    for example.. going through physical illness and knowing what it feels like to have your health taken away is the only way ( i believe) to create a discipline so great you dont ever want to experience that feeling again.. so youll stick to it cos its not based on superficial desires, its much deeper than that.
    same goes for someone who experiences financial hardship, grew up povo etc. theyre the ones that work the hardest because theyve been through that chit and never wana experience that again. and theres so many stories about that type of chit especially celebrities for example
    unless youve tasted the blood of torture and pain you wont be driven enough to get to where u need to go. thats the fact of life.
    the one with the fat flaps

quarantine is making me depressed

sitting at home all day and night is only making my flaps thicker and fatter

MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Requires too much will power for the average simp beta to pull off. You are either strong enough to change or not.

Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cadet4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you wont find what youre looking for here
    be the turtle in the race.

Originally Posted by Cadet4life View Post
    you wont find what youre looking for here
    I just like hearing different perspectives on it.

Originally Posted by MadFury View Post
    Requires too much will power for the average simp beta to pull off. You are either strong enough to change or not.
    Kind of ironic that the internet can be used as an insanely useful tool for self improvement but also can act as a major barrier to achieving anything if you let it. Who knows maybe your right though, simps would have found a different way to avoid getting anything done pre internet.

jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I get you bro.

I think a bottom up approach will result in longer success, but most people need a specific event to put the wheels in motion. Another thing I would mention is that no one is ever really safe from falling back into bad habits or distractions. Even if you’re at the top of your game it’s still quite possible to screw up or get lazy/unmotivated/discouraged. Obviously we all need to enjoy life though, so it isn’t good to burn yourself out either. The key is balance, as with most things in life. What the balance between work and should be is different depending on the person and what their goals are, which brings me to what I think might be the most important part of staying motivated. You need multiple goals, with some being short term, some being medium term, and some being long term. This allows you to work towards huge goals while still seeing good progress and hitting goals along the way. You might need daily goals at some point. Or you might need weekly or monthly. I consider anything less than a year to be a short term goal, but I’m in my 30’s so I probably see the world and life differently than some here. Anything 1-5 years I consider medium term, and anything over 5 years I consider long term. You can really break it down however you want, but the key is balancing those three types of goals to optimize success. And another good thing about these goals is that they will automatically tell you if your work/play balance is off. It’s ok to not hit a goal, but if you’re consistently missing them you need to re-evaluate your lifestyle.

Finally, I posted a podcast earlier this week that you’ll probably find interesting and hopefully helpful

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1605214581
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew

coolblue365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolblue365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolblue365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolblue365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolblue365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolblue365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolblue365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolblue365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolblue365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolblue365 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolblue365 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The day I found adderall.

MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MadFury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Kind of ironic that the internet can be used as an insanely useful tool for self improvement but also can act as a major barrier to achieving anything if you let it. Who knows maybe your right though, simps would have found a different way to avoid getting anything done pre internet.
    Any form of self-improvement must come from desire. If you want it bad enough you are willing to do everything. The internet has nothing to do with this.

Originally Posted by jtaylor2010 View Post
    I think a bottom up approach will result in longer success, but most people need a specific event to put the wheels in motion. Another thing I would mention is that no one is ever really safe from falling back into bad habits or distractions. Even if you’re at the top of your game it’s still quite possible to screw up or get lazy/unmotivated/discouraged. Obviously we all need to enjoy life though, so it isn’t good to burn yourself out either. The key is balance, as with most things in life. What the balance between work and should be is different depending on the person and what their goals are, which brings me to what I think might be the most important part of staying motivated. You need multiple goals, with some being short term, some being medium term, and some being long term. This allows you to work towards huge goals while still seeing good progress and hitting goals along the way. You might need daily goals at some point. Or you might need weekly or monthly. I consider anything less than a year to be a short term goal, but I’m in my 30’s so I probably see the world and life differently than some here. Anything 1-5 years I consider medium term, and anything over 5 years I consider long term. You can really break it down however you want, but the key is balancing those three types of goals to optimize success. And another good thing about these goals is that they will automatically tell you if your work/play balance is off. It’s ok to not hit a goal, but if you’re consistently missing them you need to re-evaluate your lifestyle.

Finally, I posted a podcast earlier this week that you’ll probably find interesting and hopefully helpful

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1605214581
    Interesting, I personally find it's a combination of both, it's the small habits which lead to results but usually it takes some sort of mindset shift to actually make you want to instill or change habits in the first place. I'll save that podcast for later, sounds interesting!

🥋 A Karate Kid age 60 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Can't remember when, because back then I was too lazy to keep any record of that sort.

It's been a long time after having successfully changed my undisciplined nature so that I'm starting to face a new challenge, completely diferrent kind called, "dementia."

Where am I? Who are you?

Doesn't matter, I just wanna go home.....would you take me home!?

The truth is that there's no cure for Laziness. ______
    ⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Training Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 60-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Hodgetwins made me Alpha NeednOut's Avatar
    NeednOut is a name known to all. (+5000) NeednOut is a name known to all. (+5000) NeednOut is a name known to all. (+5000) NeednOut is a name known to all. (+5000) NeednOut is a name known to all. (+5000) NeednOut is a name known to all. (+5000) NeednOut is a name known to all. (+5000) NeednOut is a name known to all. (+5000) NeednOut is a name known to all. (+5000) NeednOut is a name known to all. (+5000) NeednOut is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes i was tired of being a incel phaggot. Happened in my mid 20s
    INSTA: d_breezy_100

**sig cannot be a novel crew**

**Dave Ramsey crew**

Dalovsky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dalovsky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dalovsky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dalovsky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dalovsky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dalovsky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dalovsky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dalovsky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dalovsky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dalovsky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dalovsky is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    join the military
    God Emperor Trump

OliverHeldens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OliverHeldens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OliverHeldens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OliverHeldens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OliverHeldens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OliverHeldens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OliverHeldens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OliverHeldens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OliverHeldens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OliverHeldens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OliverHeldens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I can still be kinda lazy at times, but when I want something bad enough I definitely go get it. It just required self reflection. A lot of things others would tell me that I “should want” were not things I care about at all. Mainly chasing girls and settling down to fit in with certain groups. One of the best pieces of advice I gave myself was to never take on permanent solutions to temporary problems, and getting married to fit in with groups of friends who likely will not be friends forever isn’t wise.

My main motivation by far is freedom, and in order to have that I needed money. In order to get that, I needed clients who trusted me and the work I did. And I needed flexibility to be able to work on my own terms as long as the final product is the same or better.

davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000)
    quite frankly, if youre lazy there's probably a good reason to be so. don't go against the tide, look into it more. i have and i was right about being lazy a lot - something i did and shouldnt or something i stayed out of and i thank myself for doing so.

PirateBrah10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PirateBrah10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PirateBrah10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PirateBrah10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PirateBrah10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PirateBrah10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PirateBrah10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PirateBrah10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PirateBrah10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PirateBrah10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PirateBrah10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try a dopamine detox and you will come out of it as a productive machine. Don't masturbate, Stay off the internet, keep away from social media and swap a smart phone with a brickphone or at the very least don't use your phone unless for an emergency. What you need to do is busk in the boredom and put your brain in a position where it will seek out productivity as a means of stimulation instead of going on facebook, clicking on youtube videos and playing video games. Its going to be agonising at first and every part your body will fight against it and crave some kind of dopamine fix from your usual sources of dopamine but the idea is over time the work that you thought of as tedious will suddenly start to feel more stimulating simply because your mind is under stimulated and any kind of stimulation is better than no stimulation. The things that you've been putting off for a while will start to get done one by one. If you really commit to it then over the course of time focusing on your goals, getting **** done and blocking out all distractions will become second nature.

Registered User FailedPotential's Avatar
    FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You have to want to be disciplined, as such that being disciplined isn't a chore but just an alignment of your desires

It's actually not for everyone, some people don't want to be disciplined, they just want to live in the chaos

So when people talk about how it's good to be disciplined, that's a relative sort of term... good for who?

I mean imagine you're balls deep in a girl, and it feels amazing... but someone else told you that you should be disciplined, pull out of that girl and go back to work on your business, and that in doing so the feels gained from having that level of discipline would outweigh the amazing feeling of being balls deep in a girl. Would that be true? Maybe for someone

Obviously things aren't as drastic as my example, but from that you can sort of gain insight in some way or another

In every day life the choices aren't quite as hard to make, the level of temptation isn't that high, it's funny I used that word because it makes me think of part of that prayer that goes something like "Give us the power to not give into temptation, and to deliver us from evil", so even back in the day people were thinking about these things.

Anyway back to where I was, ask yourself if being disciplined about some particular thing would create a net positive in your life, as opposed to not doing it, and if that answer is yes, be disciplined, and if not, well, why would you want to be? Some people would argue that being disciplined in itself is worth it, but at the end of the day the end result is a hedonistic one... they take the choice that leaves them with the maximum amount of "pleasure", or "happiness", or whatever word you want to use, whether the pleasure comes from that act of doing something, or act act of being disciplined... the end goal is the same, to maximise the pleasure of life

Actually found this graph on google, kinda lolsy, but helps you think about just how "disciplined" you want to be... obviously you don't want to be disciplined to the point of being a robot, nor so undisciplined to the point of being a total slob. "Probably" anyway, as in most people, but some people enjoy living life on the extremes, and that's for each person to decide themselves -

The graph isn't quite right though, at least not with my sort of view... as being lower on the graph isn't actually "less hedonism", as going back to what I was saying, someone could gain more pleasure via being more disciplined.
    Last edited by FailedPotential; 05-24-2020 at 10:35 AM.
    Fak U say? Cheeky kent ya, i'll fakin fak ya, ya lil sloot