Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Poptarts, What happened to no sugar? If you're eating enough to gain that much weight and are always that hungry then you have medical issues
    Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    Did you really cut out sugar and processed food because I've never heard of a sugar free natural poptart….
    It was out of urgency. My migraine got so bad I had to eat something other than 3 large eggs. It was all I had in my cabinets that was quick to see if it was low blood sugar. No result and FYI, it was the only thing that didn't require preparation like pasta or rice.

I migraines are still there but not as severe. I doubt it is allergy related, only thing that has been working to relieve them is peppermint and dandelion tea.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    OP, it sounds like you get hungry and your diet goes out the window. You are eating more than you say/think and just don't like being hungry.
    I am using myfitnesspal and tracking EVERYTHING. Including Water, any cooking oils and condiments(rarely I have any). I am staying as close to 1800 right now as that was what the app recommended.

Originally Posted by XinXom View Post
    Eat less but to deal with the fatigue etc try and force yourself to sleep 8+ hours a day, use sleeping pills if you have to. I know when my cut is going well I am also super low energy unless I force myself to sleep 8-10 out of the 24 hours in a day on the bright side it makes cutting even easier.
    I am sleeping up to 10 hrs a day. Anything less and I am wanting to passout midday

Originally Posted by dollarbill181 View Post
    Have you been using a food scale, or just calculating your totals based on serving size?
    When I first started my weightloss journey I thought I was eating below my calorie goal. Once I started using a food scale I quickly learned I was eating 3-4 servings vs 1.

Also, as far as nutrition try to avoid eating anything that comes prepackaged.
    I have one and having been using it. I had to buy one when I was on a Low Iodine Diet for Radiation Therapy of my Thyroid. I measure everything and log it into myfitnesspal

Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    1. Actual migraines (and not just bad headaches) can be triggered by low levels of chromium and selenium which you may be suffering from if your nutrition is out of whack (which is seems to be). Supplement those minerals for a couple of weeks to see if that helps.

2. Your calorie tracking is seriously off. If you are gaining 12 pounds a month then you are eating closer to 3000-3300/day. You need to learn how to weight/measure/log literally everything that goes into your mouth. Do not rely on packaged food labels to give you accurate calorie numbers. Don't rely on what an "app" says either. For example: If you look up "Grilled skinless Chicken breast" in Myfitnesspal you will find literally dozens of entries with differing calorie and nutrient information many of which are ridiculously wrong. Do your research and find out what the calories of what you are eating actually are.

3. Also you should utterly ignore any calories that you think that you may have "burned" through exercise each day into your calculations/estimates as it is unlikely that you are getting those figures right either.
    In reply to #2, then that means everything I am eating is a lie if I cannot rely on the food packaging and weighing my food. Might as well not eat anything.
    OP wasn’t getting the answers she wanted so not sure if she’s still interested. Eats Pop Tarts but doesn't eat sugar. OK... This has been a big waste of time as usual for these posts.
    Excuse me but I have been busy with the past few days to reply. I have been dealing with migraines and having to take care of daily life as I do have a life outside of sitting in front of a computer all day.

Look I am doing the best I can within my powers. I have been logging and tracking my food intake. I am also discontinuing my birth control in meantime as there is a possibility I am retaining water from it. I honestly am getting frustrated because I am tracking everything and am having to tell myself, No I cannot have pasta, I cannot have a 1/2 cup or rice or say no to the boyfriend wanting to go out on a takeout/carry out date and saying no to pretty much everything because it is all 1000 calories or more.

I am also frustrated as I have little trust in the produce sections of our grocery stores as the food only lasts 1-2 days before it spoils. I am missing out on the farmers markets where I can get fresh food that lasts.

I made it an effort to at least walk for 1hr and no equipment strength training for 30 minutes at least 5x a day. All I see is my gut getting bigger and everything else stay the same. I am really just not knowing what else to do. Doctors just tell me my thyroid is fine, my blood work shows nothing out of the ordinary and I just need to move more and watch what I eat.

Yes my migraines are getting better and I am doing my best to figure out the cause of it as I DO NOT LIKE TAKING MEDICATIONS. I try to find holistic ways and I was not sure if it was because of having low sugar, sugar crash, carb crash, not enough calories, etc. etc. So I am so sorry to piss you off that I tried to do something other than popping pills because having 1 pop tart is so bad for you I might as well just give up.

I do not know what else to do besides exercise and eat less of everything. I do not think my stomach is suppose to growl every 10 minutes and feel like it is dry, even with a belly full of water. I can't even eat past 7pm most days because everything has way too many calories, as noted above, can't trust the packaging either even when weighing my food.
    Last edited by BlueSystem200; 06-01-2020 at 09:51 AM.

nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There are only about 4/5 regular posters in this section, and they see so many threads with people claiming they aren't losing weight despite being in a calorie deficit. The most likely answer is of course that they aren't in a deficit.

Putting the weight loss aside, a lot of things you've said are quite concerning. Go back to a doctor - if that doctor doesn't want to know then go to another one. The narcolepsy in particular is something you need to get to the bottom of.

With regards to not trusting the labels on packages, it's true that they are not completely accurate as there is no requirement for them to be. That's even true for things like chicken breast. Don't sweat it, nobody is ever going to be able to calculate their calories exactly. Shoot for a 500 calorie deficit as precisely as you can, weigh yourself regularly and adjust accordingly. Minimise the variables; don't add in exercise calories.

I plugged your stats into an online calculator and your TDEE came out at ~1700. Which means you should aim for 1200. When you are ready, track everything you eat for a week on MyFitnessPal, and post it up on here. The milk in your coffee, the condiments with your dinner.... everything!

Good luck.
    may god forgive me

401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don’t know why these posts continue past acknowledged over consumption of calories.
    This.

People are giving you the solution and you keep looking right past it, OP.

Stop making excuses for what it 'could be' that's causing you to gain weight...you're eating too much.

BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 401Delta View Post
    This.

People are giving you the solution and you keep looking right past it, OP.

Stop making excuses for what it 'could be' that's causing you to gain weight...you're eating too much.
    Okay I will cut my calories down to 1200, however....How do I get rid of migraines. I am at 600 calories now and have been having a migraine for the the past 2 hours and I ate 3 hours ago?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    We can't give medical advice. Suffice to say that it's not normal to get migranes when dieting. Are you hydrating sufficiently.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    We can't give medical advice. Suffice to say that it's not normal to get migranes when dieting. Are you hydrating sufficiently.
    I am drinking average a 1/2 gallon of water daily not counting my morning coffee or afternoon tea. I drink when I am thirsty or hungry.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BlueSystem200 View Post
    I am drinking average a 1/2 gallon of water daily not counting my morning coffee or afternoon tea. I drink when I am thirsty or hungry.
    of course you’re drinking a half gallon a day just like you’re eating low cal and gaining 12 lbs a month. Until you’re honest with yourself regarding your calorie consumption and realize your migraines are non related to your “low”calories” you’ll get nowhere.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100)
    I don't think it is because of stress. Usually, when people in real stress, their hormone system works on lipolysis, not on lipogenesis.

Don't get me wrong but if you think you are doing everything right and don't lose weight but gain it, you just think that you are doing everything right.

I would suggest:
    1. Stop your depression. Just stop it and restart yourself. Start life over. (this is what I did and lost 40 pounds in 2.5 months). Whatever bothers you, leave it behind. Lose weight is easy if you want it.
    2. Drink more, about 2.5 L a day (not only when you are thirsty, but regularly)
    3. Eat 5 times a day, every 3 hours, small portion, but every portion should contain carbohydrates (wheat), protein and a small amount of unsaturated fat + vegetables, always, except for the last meal, no carbohydrates, only protein, fat, and vegetables - it also may add to your weight if you eat a lot of carbons 1-2 hours before you go to bed.
    4. No carbs higher than 50 on the glycemic index (no sugar and sweet-fat)
    5. Walk not less than 10K steps a day, preferably to have 40-60 min of walking non-stop every day.

And the only rule I know on how to stop thinking about food is thinking about something else. Start reading, learning something, if you play any musical instrument, play it. Anything that takes your mind of.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by StartLifeOver View Post
    I don't think it is because of stress. Usually, when people in real stress, their hormone system works on lipolysis, not on lipogenesis.

Don't get me wrong but if you think you are doing everything right and don't lose weight but gain it, you just think that you are doing everything right.

I would suggest:
    1. Stop your depression. Just stop it and restart yourself. Start life over. (this is what I did and lost 40 pounds in 2.5 months). Whatever bothers you, leave it behind. Lose weight is easy if you want it.
    3. Eat 5 times a day, every 3 hours, small portion, but every portion should contain carbohydrates (wheat), protein and a small amount of unsaturated fat + vegetables, always, except for the last meal, no carbohydrates, only protein, fat, and vegetables - it also may add to your weight if you eat a lot of carbons 1-2 hours before you go to bed.
    5. Walk not less than 10K steps a day, preferably to have 40-60 min of walking non-stop every day.

And the only rule I know on how to stop thinking about food is thinking about something else. Start reading, learning something, if you play any musical instrument, play it. Anything that takes your mind of.
    So many myths... I especially object to telling people with depression to "just stop it". Oh silly me, it was so simple all along! Actually that's a pretty harmful thing to say to a depressed person - "just pull yourself together".

Chronic stress is strongly associated with metabolic syndrome - which usually features being overweight - read Sapolsky.

Over drinking water does nothing and may even be harmful

GI is irrelevant to non diabetics.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I would suggest:

Fail post

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100) StartLifeOver is not very well liked. (-100)
    So many myths... I especially object to telling people with depression to "just stop it". Oh silly me, it was so simple all along! Actually that's a pretty harmful thing to say to a depressed person - "just pull yourself together".
    Not so pathetic, of course, because I didn't mean depression as a disease, but mostly stress. So, my apologies for the wrong wording. If we are talking about real depression, there is no one who should suggest anything but a doc.
    However, if it is stress, not depression, then it is different. Just don't over-dramatize it. No one said it would be easy, or it would happen overnight. But through focusing on other staff, making a clear plan on what you want and how are you going to do it, talking here with people who can support. Any suggestion on how to get out of stress without pulling yourself together?

Chronic stress is strongly associated with metabolic syndrome - which usually features being overweight - read Sapolsky.
    It really depends, chronic stress stimulates hormones like (cortisol, epinephrine and nor-epinephrine) that trigger the lipolysis process, therefore many people in stress losing weight.
    Regarding "read Sapolsky" thanks, will search for it.

Over drinking water does nothing and may even be harmful
    I am not saying over drinking, but 1/2 a gallon looks not enough.

GI is irrelevant to non diabetics.
    And I am one who providing myths here? :-)
    StartLifeOver - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL32ks-gmNzBL9GxqNyLog

Set your goal measurable and achievable, focus on what you want, be always self-motivated and you will get the result.

Not so pathetic, of course, because I didn't mean depression as a disease, but mostly stress. So, my apologies for the wrong wording. If we are talking about real depression, there is no one who should suggest anything but a doc.
    However, if it is stress, not depression, then it is different. Just don't over-dramatize it. No one said it would be easy, or it would happen overnight. But through focusing on other staff, making a clear plan on what you want and how are you going to do it, talking here with people who can support. Any suggestion on how to get out of stress without pulling yourself together?

It really depends, chronic stress stimulates hormones like (cortisol, epinephrine and nor-epinephrine) that trigger the lipolysis process, therefore many people in stress losing weight.
    Regarding "read Sapolsky" thanks, will search for it.

I am not saying over drinking, but 1/2 a gallon looks not enough.

And I am one who providing myths here? :-)
    Ban Hammer on it's way.....

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ban Hammer on it's way.....
    This guy is just spamming his regurgitated "self-help ideas" as a way to try to market his Youtube channel.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Update: I ended up throwing away my scale and am debating on buying another one. When my BF weighed himself, it said it was off by about 10lbs. So I may not be 185, maybe less. Who knows.

I also noticed since discontinuing my birth control, my pants fit a little better. This could be because I am tracking everything I eat, including chewing gum (as an example), water intake and exercise. I am and maybe considering going as far as a pregnancy test because the type of bc I was on. Could be relevant, could not who knows.

migraines are still there, not as terrible. Everything I eat gets weighed, logged in and everything is in moderation. I am not a big fan of grains, (I prefer meat and potatoes with any vegetable you name), and I have been incorporating it to feel satisfied. I've had to stop with the oatmeal as I personally feel that although it is better for me, I feel it is too many calories in one portion. My oatmeal is 1/2 cup of oats with 2TBSP of chia seeds and 2TBSP on hemp hearts protein. I typically only eat this meal when I am having a 12hour on my feet day.

I also incorporated Whey Protein Isolate and BCAA into my diet surrounding my workout days.

I feel there is a big divide here where some people say you have to suffer to lose weight and some say not true, there are other options. Again I have only gained in my stomach. My legs and arms and chest stayed the same.

I am trying.

Arizona to East Texas kingHanley's Avatar
    kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong Everything srs
    *Firefighter-Paramedic Crew*
    *HTC Crew*
    *White Zero Ultra Monster Crew*
    *2A Crew*
    *Conservative Crew*

nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BlueSystem200 View Post
    It was out of urgency. My migraine got so bad I had to eat something other than 3 large eggs. It was all I had in my cabinets that was quick to see if it was low blood sugar. No result and FYI, it was the only thing that didn't require preparation like pasta or rice.

I migraines are still there but not as severe. I doubt it is allergy related, only thing that has been working to relieve them is peppermint and dandelion tea.

I am using myfitnesspal and tracking EVERYTHING. Including Water, any cooking oils and condiments(rarely I have any). I am staying as close to 1800 right now as that was what the app recommended.

I am sleeping up to 10 hrs a day. Anything less and I am wanting to passout midday

I have one and having been using it. I had to buy one when I was on a Low Iodine Diet for Radiation Therapy of my Thyroid. I measure everything and log it into myfitnesspal

In reply to #2, then that means everything I am eating is a lie if I cannot rely on the food packaging and weighing my food. Might as well not eat anything.

Excuse me but I have been busy with the past few days to reply. I have been dealing with migraines and having to take care of daily life as I do have a life outside of sitting in front of a computer all day.

Look I am doing the best I can within my powers. I have been logging and tracking my food intake. I am also discontinuing my birth control in meantime as there is a possibility I am retaining water from it. I honestly am getting frustrated because I am tracking everything and am having to tell myself, No I cannot have pasta, I cannot have a 1/2 cup or rice or say no to the boyfriend wanting to go out on a takeout/carry out date and saying no to pretty much everything because it is all 1000 calories or more.

I am also frustrated as I have little trust in the produce sections of our grocery stores as the food only lasts 1-2 days before it spoils. I am missing out on the farmers markets where I can get fresh food that lasts.

I made it an effort to at least walk for 1hr and no equipment strength training for 30 minutes at least 5x a day. All I see is my gut getting bigger and everything else stay the same. I am really just not knowing what else to do. Doctors just tell me my thyroid is fine, my blood work shows nothing out of the ordinary and I just need to move more and watch what I eat.

Yes my migraines are getting better and I am doing my best to figure out the cause of it as I DO NOT LIKE TAKING MEDICATIONS. I try to find holistic ways and I was not sure if it was because of having low sugar, sugar crash, carb crash, not enough calories, etc. etc. So I am so sorry to piss you off that I tried to do something other than popping pills because having 1 pop tart is so bad for you I might as well just give up.

I do not know what else to do besides exercise and eat less of everything. I do not think my stomach is suppose to growl every 10 minutes and feel like it is dry, even with a belly full of water. I can't even eat past 7pm most days because everything has way too many calories, as noted above, can't trust the packaging either even when weighing my food.
    Just seeing this now....a common cause of migraines is a need for electrolytes. Try some gatorade or powerade next time you have a bad migraine. If you are cutting calories- try powerade zero. I have chronic migraines... the best ways I have found to resolve it (with success, I almost never have them these days...) Caffeine, hydration, and electrolytes. If you are getting enough water and aren't short on caffeine... try electrolytes. Drink a gatorade next time a migraine hits and see if it helps.

Looking at macros is important but don't forget micronutrients.
    "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt