bonesjack is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How I can I bulk confidently?

Not sure if this is the right thread for this question but hopefully one of you guys can help me out. I dealt with some serious body image issues and an eating disorder at the end of middle school/beginning of high school. Even now being almost 3-4 years later, I still have this constant voice in the back of my head telling me to eat less than I am, and to feel bad about eating calorie dense food. Lately I have been really interested in gaining muscle and becoming stronger. Since Im quarantining at my house, I only have a set of resistance bands to work out with, but I still think they give me a good workout. I know that to gain muscle, I should/have to increase my calorie intake, but each time I try to make an effort to eat more I find myself struggling to actually keep this high calorie diet for more than a few days. I am mostly just afraid that I am going to start eating a lot more, but only gain a lot of fat and barely any muscle. I really want to start gaining more muscle, and become stronger but I just have this lingering fear of being fat and not gaining any muscle. Hopefully one of you reading this can help me out!

Also not sure if this is important but i am 5'11'' and 149 lbs.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by bonesjack View Post
    Not sure if this is the right thread for this question but hopefully one of you guys can help me out. I dealt with some serious body image issues and an eating disorder at the end of middle school/beginning of high school. Even now being almost 3-4 years later, I still have this constant voice in the back of my head telling me to eat less than I am, and to feel bad about eating calorie dense food. Lately I have been really interested in gaining muscle and becoming stronger. Since Im quarantining at my house, I only have a set of resistance bands to work out with, but I still think they give me a good workout. I know that to gain muscle, I should/have to increase my calorie intake, but each time I try to make an effort to eat more I find myself struggling to actually keep this high calorie diet for more than a few days. I am mostly just afraid that I am going to start eating a lot more, but only gain a lot of fat and barely any muscle. I really want to start gaining more muscle, and become stronger but I just have this lingering fear of being fat and not gaining any muscle. Hopefully one of you reading this can help me out!

Also not sure if this is important but i am 5'11'' and 149 lbs.
    If you're still struggling, you still have a disorder... it isn't a disorder you 'had' or 'dealt' with... you actively have it.

You need to sort out the underlying issue. Take it from someone who is currently bulking while recovery from the ED.

I've gained plenty of fat, and I've gained plenty of muscle. it feels great... yes, even the fat feels great now. You have to learn to be patient and trust the process...
    Last edited by AdamWW; 05-22-2020 at 04:11 PM.
    The power of carbs compels me!