NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Dressing and calories counting

So, I'm currently on a 1700kcal diet, Every day my intake ranges between 1600 and 1800 roughly.

Do I have to count dressing such as pasta's tomato sauce in the calories intake? I mean I avoid highly caloric ingredients such as oil, and it should be fairly light, like 30/50kcal daily, same goes for steaks' dressing.
    I feel like it would simply make it a little harder for me to track it. How'd you go about that?

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by NanoItaliano View Post
    So, I'm currently on a 1700kcal diet, Every day my intake ranges between 1600 and 1800 roughly.

Do I have to count dressing such as pasta's tomato sauce in the calories intake? I mean I avoid highly caloric ingredients such as oil, and it should be fairly light, like 30/50kcal daily, same goes for steaks' dressing.
    I feel like it would simply make it a little harder for me to track it. How'd you go about that?
    If it has calories... it has calories...

You don't 'have' to track anything... but if you eat something, it factors into your calories intake. Not sure what you're really asking... your body isn't going to not use calories just because they're lower than some other option... it's energy...
    The power of carbs compels me!

NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NanoItaliano is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    If it has calories... it has calories...

You don't 'have' to track anything... but if you eat something, it factors into your calories intake. Not sure what you're really asking... your body isn't going to not use calories just because they're lower than some other option... it's energy...
    yeah I know, but since dressings have more ingredients and the quantity of those usually fluctuates as I don't really measure them it would be a little hard to track it.
    Is it a negligible amount that I can avoid couting or do they make up a significant part of my calories intake? That's the question

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by NanoItaliano View Post
    yeah I know, but since dressings have more ingredients and the quantity of those usually fluctuates as I don't really measure them it would be a little hard to track it.
    Is it a negligible amount that I can avoid couting or do they make up a significant part of my calories intake? That's the question
    I feel like you already know the answer here...

The dressing has a certain calorie amount... it represents a certain amount or % of your total intake... whether it's 'significant' or not is subjective.

Again, you don't NEED to track anything... if a 1700 calorie diet is a 800 calorie deficit, but you're not accounting for 50 calories of dressing, then obviously the deficit is actually 750 and not 800...

So in this context, you're still in a deficit, so you'll stilll lose weight... just slightly less (50 calories worth per day)

Again, im not sure where the confusion here is... look at the calories on the bottle... that will tell you how much you're not tracking...
    The power of carbs compels me!

Location: Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're never going to be 100% accurate all the time so if you're not sure, and worried then add maybe 20 or so cals on top of what you think it would be. At least then you'll have more peace of mind.
    I have a good joke about water retention. But I'm going to hold onto it for now.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds like you're not actually tracking calories at all. Either track 100% or realize that you're just completely guessing.
    Currently: traveling

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Netherlands + Croatia - 2020

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When I was cutting I would religiously weigh everything to the last gram, even condiments such as a little squirt of ketchup. I wanted to be as accurate as possible and also squeeze in every bit of food I could into my daily calories.

Now that I'm eating far more, I'm a little more relaxed when it comes to low calorie foods. I'll guesstimate a squirt of ketchup or 60 grams of pickled onions, because if it ends up being more than I thought, the difference of like 20 calories in a 3,000 calorie diet just isn't significant. That doesn't mean I don't count them though, it just means I don't count them as accurately.