Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hutrapper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hutrapper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hutrapper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hutrapper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hutrapper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hutrapper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hutrapper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hutrapper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hutrapper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hutrapper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hutrapper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by drvillain View Post
    So I've got a huge lake near me and am ready to start there before hitting salt lake. The only problem is that I'm feeling overwhelmed when it comes to selecting a rod. Does it matter much what I get? The idea is to get a medium spinning rod, but I want to make a solid investment in something of decent quality.

I don't have any stores open by me thanks to the corona nonsense, so I'm either going to have to drive 60+ miles or buy online. Any recommendations?
    St Croix premier series. I like nice chit, and this is the low end of St Croix which is a high ish end rod line.

Awesome warranty. Fifty bucks gets you a brand new rod should you ever break it.

And lots will tell ya to just get a cheapo. I have lots of friends who bought cheapo rods. And they don't have the same rod as two years ago.

Seven or eight rods later, I still have the first medium action st Croix premier I ever bought when I was 16.

Like I always say, some drive Hyundai, some drive Mercedes, both get to the church on time.

Something about that feeling of a good sensitive rod. Knowing exactly what is going on with the lure and being able to tell the difference between the subtle sip of a walleye and bumping over a rock...feeling those extra strikes you'd have missed puts fish in the boat
    Last edited by Hutrapper; 05-23-2020 at 04:55 PM.

drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hutrapper View Post
    St Croix premier series. I like nice chit, and this is the low end of St Croix which is a high ish end rod line.

Awesome warranty. Fifty bucks gets you a brand new rod should you ever break it.

And lots will tell ya to just get a cheapo. I have lots of friends who bought cheapo rods. And they don't have the same rod as two years ago.

Seven or eight rods later, I still have the first medium action st Croix premier I ever bought when I was 16.

Like I always say, some drive Hyundai, some drive Mercedes, both get to the church on time.

Something about that feeling of a good sensitive rod. Knowing exactly what is going on with the lure and being able to tell the difference between the subtle sip of a walleye and bumping over a rock...feeling those extra strikes you'd have missed puts fish in the boat
    beautiful thank you.
    Ohio State buckeyes & Atlanta Falcons