Location: Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000)

Repeated pulled muscle in upper/neck

I have managed to pull the same muscle three times in the space of two years, progressively taking longer to recover each time. The first was from doing pull ups, the second time sneezing, and the third time was doing pull downs.

The pain is always on the left side and I am unable to move my neck and have severe pain for around 4 days followed by discomfort for another week or so.

I always do warm ups and dynamic stretching, my diet is decent. Is it possible that repeated injury is just making it weaker and weaker? Is it time to throw in the towel?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd guess it's some combination of pullup/pulldown form, lifting too heavy and overall workout volume/programming/rest. But you should check with a doctor in general or definitely after the next injury to pinpoint the exact issue and solution (could be a muscle, nerve, etc.).

Sulo2piste0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sulo2piste0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sulo2piste0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sulo2piste0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sulo2piste0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sulo2piste0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sulo2piste0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sulo2piste0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sulo2piste0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sulo2piste0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sulo2piste0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    A layman's perspective only. It would be surprising if the muscle were growing weaker and weaker from injury. I get repeat injuries (golfer's elbow). I work around this by changing certain exercises and using "hooks" (I don't know the proper term) for certain back exercises. I can't do alternating DB curls when this acts up. In short, I have always been able to work around the pain with different exercises, though at the cost of temporarily abandoning some of my favorite ones.
    Just trying to become stronger.

Short-term goals:
    50 kg dumbbells for bench presses (at 45 currently)
    48 cm biceps (44.5 currently). Size of biceps seems to correspond to strength in my case.

Old-fashioned home gym; no special workout other than lift heavy.

46 years old, not 50.