SquidShock is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Could someone help me out :)

I'm new but this seemed like the most appropriate place to post something like this.

I'm currently looking to pack on muscle and I'm having a difficult time doing so, I'm 145lb at 5ft11 and have slowly been going up, really slowly, like ridiculously slowly in weight for months. I know for my height I'm capable of putting on more muscle especially since when I first started training I was around 130lb in my running days, and probably started somewhere around 137lbs. My arms are decent for my size because I trained them with dumbbells at home for months before getting serious about working out.

My current problem is where do I start??? I feel like I'm on a Yoyo diet but with weights, trying out new things and stopping once I get some progress but it's complicated. I know that strength doesn't matter for hypertrophy training, but doesn't strength lead to hypertrophy especially in newbies? but It's not going up as fast as the internet says it should, for instance I was benching 125lb on a full body every other day, yes I'm super weak, but next workout I could only do 115lb, next workout 95lb, I'm assuming it's either I'm not eating enough or sleeping right?? Should I be doing a PPL split because people are saying as a newbie more stimulation is better? Maybe PPL rest PPL rest or something like that? What workout should I be using. I'm very frustrated and every workout is worse than the last. Does anyone have a good novice program for size and strength?

I'm just very mad right now. The thing that makes it worse is that people who don't workout always go out of there way to show off muscle underneath their fat just because they see I workout a little. I know I should let that get to me but it does and makes me even more demotivated.

Please if anyone could help me, I think I would really prefer a push pull legs program because I rather be in the gym more.

Also how many calories do I need? Do I go by an online calculator or go by the old bodyweight x 15 +500, or Bodyweight x 20? How much sleep do I need? Do macro's matter? I just want to pack on muscle with relative strength gains. I understand it takes a LONG TIME as a natural lifter but it's too long I'm doing something wrong. Please help me.

I'm 18 idk why my accoount age says 50 lol.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Feel free to ignore this if you'd prefer to do what you lay out above, but if you want to do something that'll actually work:

Fierce 5: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=159678631 &

Calorie Info: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

SquidShock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'll try it out, Thank you!

Location: Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SquidShock View Post
    I just want to pack on muscle with relative strength gains. I understand it takes a LONG TIME as a natural lifter but it's too long I'm doing something wrong. Please help me.
    I think the biggest change you need to make is to your attitude. Sorry to be blunt, but if you want to see any substantial results, it will take months and years, not days and weeks. And once you get there, you STILL need to go to the gym to maintain it.

So before you even start, you need to understand that it is a long game, not a short one. It doesn’t necessarily mean you have to train long and hard every day to make progress. Train smartly and efficiently. Read some of the stickies, learn about progression protocols, resets for stalls, learn about calories and rest.

Take your time, don’t rush and don’t expect fast results because you will be highly disappointed and give up/swap programs too often and then you certainly WON’T see any results.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."