TurtleTeef is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Question about breathing

Hey Bodybuilding forum,

I'm new to working out, my question about breathing is, when and how do you properly breathe?
    Right now, I try to breathe in with my stomach right before I am about to do the lift (for ex; while bench pressing), and I do the lift very slowly with heavy weight, but I feel really out of breathe when I finish the rep, I get light headed and I'm only to do around 3 or 4 in a row without needing to take a break to breathe and get some oxygen.
    Am I doing this wrong? What should I do to fix this? Also how do I know if I am breathing in with my stomach properly?

Thanks forum.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Differs depending on the exercise. And in general don’t do your heavy lifts very slowly.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't overthink it is my advice. Sometimes valsalver manoeuvre is useful (for squats, deads especially) - that is specific to exercises which risk you losing a fixed spinal position under load