JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Playing Jedi Academy again on my Switch shows why newer games kinda suck sometimes

I say this since the two latest Star Wars games I played are the Dice Battlefront games and Jedi Fallen Order. The Dice Battlefront games suck because of all their online bullchit and Fallen Order wasn't bad but I wasn't exactly a fan of it either. Then I play some Jedi Academy on my Switch and it's like wow, this is some fun ass chit. Fallen Order kinda suffers from the same problem that most games these days got, it takes it's self so seriously as trying to present this whole cinema inspired experience that it falls short on the simple things. Jedi Academy doesn't mess around with any of that, the entire experience is just straight up good video game. It's like you just choose your mission, in less than a minute you are playing it and everything is just straight up gaming goodness. It isn't trying to focus on story presentation, and it isn't so big on fancy animations that it feels limited in what you can do.

You just straight up take on your enemies however you like, and even though the newer games have much fancier effects you really feel like you are wielding a lightsaber in this game. You can amputate the limbs of your enemies, throw it around with accuracy, and it really phucks up everything it touches. It's amazing how this older game just delivers on everything that can make a Star Wars game fun, and it's amazing how the newer games seem to screw up on that. Gotta love these older games sometimes, they just get straight to the point of having fun.

Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bro how are you doing it on the switch. I sucked hard playing Jedi Outcast on switch because aiming was a bitch with blasters on a controller.

But you're right. In their attempt to create a "Cinematic" experience in Fallen Order and Battlefront, they miss the simple things that made older games good.

Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy is one of my all time favorite games. I played the demo over and over again as a kid, and played the full game 3-4 times over.
    HTC livin' rent FREE

...Still on the path to redemption...

...Good things don't come easy...

Keep reachin' haters!

Sorry if I didn't rep back, I have a backlog.

JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayJ350 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Voidgaze View Post
    Bro how are you doing it on the switch. I sucked hard playing Jedi Outcast on switch because aiming was a bitch with blasters on a controller.

But you're right. In their attempt to create a "Cinematic" experience in Fallen Order and Battlefront, they miss the simple things that made older games good.

Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy is one of my all time favorite games. I played the demo over and over again as a kid, and played the full game 3-4 times over.
    Lol I did the same thing, I played the demo all the time. I remember having it on a USB thumb drive and installing it on the school computers, such a great way to play back then, the length of the levels was perfect. I don't think I bought it until much later.

As for Jedi Outcast I don't think that game has aged anywhere near as well. The problem I got with Jedi Outcast is how it's such a big grind to get up to the point where you have a lightsaber that I got tired of it before I get there. The FPS action is kinda chitty so it's just not anywhere near as fun or quick to get into. It also tried to tell more of a story which makes it feel less focused on straight up action.

Jedi Academy in comparison just gets straight to the point. It's like they knew the shooting sucks and that everyone just likes using the lightsaber so they let you have a lightsaber right off the bat. The intro is quick to get through and you are doing missions in no time. The third person lightsaber action is just so fun and responsive that I love it. While Fallen Order made you feel like you were swinging a nerf bat that can't cut through anything in Jedi Academy the lightsaber feels like it can cut through just about anything like it should. I think this is just one of those rare moments where they got what matters down just right.

alltrapbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) alltrapbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) alltrapbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) alltrapbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) alltrapbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) alltrapbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) alltrapbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) alltrapbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) alltrapbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) alltrapbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) alltrapbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I personally liked Jedi Outcast more than I did Jedi Academy, but that was many moons ago.

RTOSSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RTOSSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RTOSSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RTOSSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RTOSSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RTOSSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RTOSSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RTOSSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RTOSSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RTOSSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RTOSSP will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i agree, biggest issue with newer game

jedi academey you would walk into a room and fight like 5 sith assassins.

you could be light side or dark side, like 30 different force powers

they would never do that these days cause muh lore

Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Man I remember spending a lot of time with that game playing with the Multiplayer bots. I put some cool mods on it, so you could play as like a Mando fighting yuzzhan vong. What a good game.
    Make America Great Again.

"Dig with your hands, not with your mouths"

OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000) OttomanEmpire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what's bad about the new battle fronts was thinking of downloading the 2nd one.
    Exalted Ottoman State
    دولت عليه عثمانیه‎
    Devlet-i ʿAlīye-i ʿOsmānīye
    c. 1299–Present

Originally Posted by OttomanEmpire View Post
    what's bad about the new battle fronts was thinking of downloading the 2nd one.
    The 2nd one is the worst because of this pay2win bullchit they implemented. They have all this loot box chit for obtaining everything but they used to let people just buy the upgrades so the game feels ridiculously unbalanced with some players being really overpowered compared to you. It's just a terrible multiplayer game to get into, and the single player content is dismal at best. Still better than the first which had no real single player to speak of but the whole game just feels like a product of mismanagement.

Originally Posted by RTOSSP View Post
    i agree, biggest issue with newer game

jedi academey you would walk into a room and fight like 5 sith assassins.

you could be light side or dark side, like 30 different force powers

they would never do that these days cause muh lore
    Yeah exactly. Most games these days are so big on all this cinema inspired presentation with all the "lore" for fan service that you wind up being highly limited in what you can do. Jedi Academy was just like "do what you want, have fun" which is kind of a rarity these days. It was also the type of game that you could totally enjoy offline since it had so much that you could do to have fun with it. Now a days it seems like they just want you to be online when you aren't playing through their story.

BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think I follow or agree with you saying Fallen Order is inferior to Jedi Academy.

I love the Jedi Academy game but I think Fallen Order is superior in almost every aspect.
    ***Mariah Carey is my 10/10 Crew***

Originally Posted by BearyManilowe View Post
    I don't think I follow or agree with you saying Fallen Order is inferior to Jedi Academy.

I love the Jedi Academy game but I think Fallen Order is superior in almost every aspect.
    You must be the type of guy who loves cinematic games.

Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BearyManilowe View Post

Ehh, if you're a cinematic/semi linear type of gamer sure.

Fallen Order excels in the graphics, and story telling department, but combat and customization left a lot to be desired. It also lacked any type of signiciant replay value to due the limited customization of power builds. Lets not forget the limited enemy variety.

Jedi Academy blows Fallen Order out of the water with raw gameplay. You had the ability to customize your lightsaber color, hilt, plus you could dual wield. On top of that you had access to a nice roster of weapons and Light/Darkside force powers so the game had WAY more replay value than Fallen Order.

Don't get me wrong. Fallen Order was an enjoyable single player cinematic experience, but not good enough to do another playthrough. If they had combined the customization and gameplay with Fallen Orders graphics and story today? It could've potentially been the best new Star Wars game on the block.
    HTC livin' rent FREE

...Still on the path to redemption...

...Good things don't come easy...

Keep reachin' haters!

Sorry if I didn't rep back, I have a backlog.

CrimsonSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrimsonSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrimsonSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrimsonSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrimsonSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrimsonSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrimsonSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrimsonSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrimsonSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrimsonSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrimsonSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Games don't have to be linear to be story driven.

Games don't need to be bogged down in narrative to be story driven.

Look around in Left 4 Dead and you get B - Z stories from the graffiti alone. That style of "Environmental Storytelling" makes a game so much more immersive. I agree not every title needs to be MGS, but I distinctly remember playing SNES games and always wishing the little cutscenes were longer. Like in Megaman X when Zero sacrifices himself. I was like "Oh ****, that was badass!"

Good story elevates good gameplay. Good gameplay elevates good story. When they work in-tandem you get the best of both worlds, and it makes the best games even more memorable.