DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

New Dodge Durango VS New Ford Explorer

Seriously looking into getting a new suv 2021 Models: which would you choose New Dodge Durango or New Ford Explorer?

Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what trim? the explorer ST looks pretty sweet as long as you get it with the twin turbo 400hp. not sure if that's standard.

the 'rango has 8-10 different trims, as long as you get something with a 5.7L v8 you're alright although if money is no object they offer a SRT trim with the big 6.4 392 in it. the durango i believe is also a little larger.

rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Durango v8 has a durable and proven drivetrain for towing boats and trailers and can be had below msrp. The ford is more expensive but is still a great SUV.
    *Not affiliated with naughty dog* crew

mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd go with the Explorer, but you have to get the ST ($54k) if you want the 400hp. The V8 in the Durango can be had for cheaper, but I'd still go with the Explorer because it's a brand new, more modern platform, and I like the interior better on the Explorer.

1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definitely a tough choice.

Both are badass SUV's.

However like others have pointed out, the only trims to consider for each is the ST for the explorer with 400hp or the durango SRT, NOT the 5.7. Nothing wrong with the 5.7 but it's underpowered for the sedan, and becomes worse when thrown in the durango. If you get the durango RT, you're basically just wanting an SUV with a V8 sound. There's not much performance behind it because of the weight. The 6.4 is what you want but i think more money than the explorer ST.

The new explorers are nice though, and IMHO, has a slightly better interior than the durango. I love the way they redid the front and the rear of the explorer. I saw one in white with black accents and black wheels with tints (possibly an undercover cop lol) and it looked amazing.
    Schooling everyone that has to do with automotive one brah at a time. It's tiring but someone gotta do it lol

I have a manual car but auto IS WAY BETTER THESE DAYS. ACCEPT THE FACTS BRAHS! LOL

Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I made this same choice last August. I ended up with the Durango because I like the look of it better, especially put up against the newer model explorer. The explorer is slightly wider, but not enough to make a difference unless you’re a 300 pounder. Ford is probably more reliable over the long term, so keep that in mind if you plan to own it for a while. The interior is a toss with maybe a small edge to the explorer, apart from the entertainment center, but that’s just my preference.

I don’t tow anything and lol at buying an suv because it’s fast. I have a GT, no hemi, and I’ve never felt like a slug but I’m not looking to take people at red lights. My Durango gets 24-25mpg highway and 17-18 city. Not sure about the explorer, but for legit awd I’m pretty happy with that.

Owning a Durango but being subjective, the explorer may be a more “complete” suv, but the curb appeal of the Durango got me and I haven’t thought about an explorer since. I honestly don’t think you can go wrong either way.
    "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid."

"I don't know how I'm going to win, I just know I'm not going to lose."

MFC

1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mortar34 View Post
    I made this same choice last August. I ended up with the Durango because I like the look of it better, especially put up against the newer model explorer. The explorer is slightly wider, but not enough to make a difference unless you’re a 300 pounder. Ford is probably more reliable over the long term, so keep that in mind if you plan to own it for a while. The interior is a toss with maybe a small edge to the explorer, apart from the entertainment center, but that’s just my preference.

I don’t tow anything and lol at buying an suv because it’s fast. I have a GT, no hemi, and I’ve never felt like a slug but I’m not looking to take people at red lights. My Durango gets 24-25mpg highway and 17-18 city. Not sure about the explorer, but for legit awd I’m pretty happy with that.

Owning a Durango but being subjective, the explorer may be a more “complete” suv, but the curb appeal of the Durango got me and I haven’t thought about an explorer since. I honestly don’t think you can go wrong either way.
    Why not get an SUV that is performance oriented? That's why they make them.

Otherwise why get a hellcat charger, might as well get the SXT?

Why get a trackhawk when you can get a grand cherokee laredo?

Why get a corvette z06 or zr1 when you can just get the stingray?

These days, you can't go wrong with ANY car. Whatever your brand of choice is. Manufacturers have stepped up big time with the looks, the tech, the fit and finish and the power. Although obviously some brands do better than others.

But usually in most cases, the cost difference between the average trim vs the high performance trim isn't that big. So might as well get the high performance, since you can have best of both worlds. Performance and practicality.
    Schooling everyone that has to do with automotive one brah at a time. It's tiring but someone gotta do it lol

I have a manual car but auto IS WAY BETTER THESE DAYS. ACCEPT THE FACTS BRAHS! LOL

Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 1QWIK7 View Post
    Why not get an SUV that is performance oriented? That's why they make them.

Otherwise why get a hellcat charger, might as well get the SXT?

Why get a trackhawk when you can get a grand cherokee laredo?

Why get a corvette z06 or zr1 when you can just get the stingray?

These days, you can't go wrong with ANY car. Whatever your brand of choice is. Manufacturers have stepped up big time with the looks, the tech, the fit and finish and the power. Although obviously some brands do better than others.

But usually in most cases, the cost difference between the average trim vs the high performance trim isn't that big. So might as well get the high performance, since you can have best of both worlds. Performance and practicality.
    I have a hard time comparing sports cars to SUV’s lol.

It’s whatever, they make them because people buy them and I’m all for more options. To me, a “performance suv” is like a dirty fuk toy fwb with a big heart; both are great, but when you put them together it’s confusing. I will say that the Durango rt and srt trim packages are sexy as hell, though.
    "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid."

"I don't know how I'm going to win, I just know I'm not going to lose."

MFC

Originally Posted by Mortar34 View Post
    I have a hard time comparing sports cars to SUV’s lol.

It’s whatever, they make them because people buy them and I’m all for more options. To me, a “performance suv” is like a dirty fuk toy fwb with a big heart; both are great, but when you put them together it’s confusing. I will say that the Durango rt and srt trim packages are sexy as hell, though.
    It's comparable in the sense you mention going fast.

Buying a plain jane SUV, and trying to make it faster, i agree.

Having a choice in getting the same SUV that is "normal" and another that is high performance, that is what i was getting at.

Some people here are into cars, and perhaps those same people can only get 1 car. And maybe they also have kids. So they need an SUV. And want to be entertained at the same time. So why not get a performance oriented SUV?

akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don’t have any prolonged experience with the redesigned Explorer, but my previous work vehicle was a 2014 Explorer which I drove for 3 years. One of my employees just bought a new Explorer (60mo / 0%, no payments for 6 months), and I have briefly driven it.

New Explorer is very nice mid sized SUV. Quiet, smooth, and the turbo 4 moves it quite nicely. Interior still feels much like my old 2014 in terms of size, but uses it size a little more efficiently with the center console. Still feels like the interior is a bit enclosed in the hip / shoulder / headroom. 3rd row still extremely small and no real room behind seat when up.

My old Durango RT Blacktop was really a great vehicle. Engine sounded good, and got surprisingly good mpg for an AWD V8. It’s more like a 3/4 size SUV, so bigger than the Explorer, but smaller than a Tahoe. Perfect size really. Drove very well. Super smooth, not boat floaty like a Tahoe (my current work vehicle), not light and car like (Explorer feel). Interior felt quite a bit bigger and more open, 3rd row was better and actually had room behind 3rd row seat when up.

I had a Durango RT Blacktop for a year or so before getting rid of it for Jeep SRT (which I loved for almost 7 years). Few months ago got rid of the SRT and got a new 20 TRD Pro 4Runner.

ItsWhatIDo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsWhatIDo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsWhatIDo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsWhatIDo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsWhatIDo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsWhatIDo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsWhatIDo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsWhatIDo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsWhatIDo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsWhatIDo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ItsWhatIDo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are looking at a top trim Durango or Explorer, it really isn’t much of a price difference for the Aviator.

Same twin turbo v6 as the ST, but so much more for the money. They are deeply deeply discounting the Lincoln. The Explorer moves more units.

TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a 2019 Durango RT. It has been great and offered better pricing than the explorer. If I could afford it, I would want the SRT, but the RT in sport mode is pretty satisfying. Also, get the V8 attitude. I am traditionally a ford guy and have a twin turbo F150 also.

The durango feels like a bit more elbow room inside. Also the third row is stadium seating, so you see over the 2d row heads and dont feel claustrophobic. City mpg sucks, but highway is about 21-22 AWD.
    US Army 1998-Present

Army NG 1992-98

★Combat Veterans Crew★

Texas Tech Alumni '98 & '07

�Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.� ~ Aristotle

I either succeed, or I learn..I never fail.