valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is medium intensity running benefical ?

Hey, i have a question. I do weight training and i walk a lot, but i dont do any form of cardio (i dont count some hours of walking ...). I like running and i want to start running (not HIIT sprinting) but i feel boring when i do LISS with like 30 minutes of running. So my question is -> is it benefical, is it good idea to do some medium intensity running, where i run fast for like 10 minutes ? Is it good cardio ? I see everywhere HIIT sprints or LISS for 30+ mins, but dont know about 10 minutes of fast running. Thanks

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you want to improve CV conditioning then yes it would be. Just depends if that's beneficial to you. Personally, I don't see the need, I have a low resting pulse and a general athletic ability better than the Joe average despite no formal cardio - just high rep back squats.

valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valinor333 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you want to improve CV conditioning then yes it would be. Just depends if that's beneficial to you. Personally, I don't see the need, I have a low resting pulse and a general athletic ability better than the Joe average despite no formal cardio - just high rep back squats.
    Ye i have long pauses between sets and my only type of "moving" is just walking,through the day, i dont want to go hard on cardio, i dont want to do it because of losing fat / calories, just to have better condition, ty for answer

mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by valinor333 View Post
    Ye i have long pauses between sets and my only type of "moving" is just walking,through the day, i dont want to go hard on cardio, i dont want to do it because of losing fat / calories, just to have better condition, ty for answer
    Just because SuffolkPunch doesn't do cardio does not mean you should also refrain from general CV conditioning. In fact, it's quite the opposite; you SHOULD be doing moderate/vigorous cardio regularly. It will make you a much more well-rounded athlete in general, as well as improve capillary density especially in your legs.

Just don't be a moron about it. Don't run a 10k @ 7min/mile the day before you squat. Don't run 50 miles a week and expect to squat/deadlift. I think you get the point.

If you're worried about losing too much weight, eat a few rice cakes after your run. You only burn about 100 calories/mile, so as long as you're not going nuts on the distance, you'll be just fine from a caloric standpoint.