Registered User AccomplishCoyot's Avatar
    AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Best Adjustable Bench for Flat Benching

I realize now isn't the time to be picky, but I've sold enough of my extra gym equipment that I can dream for the future (or become an F5 fiend like the rest of the world).
    I recently sold my AB-3100, and while it was a decent bench it wasn't great for flat benching. Most of my usage of a bench would be flat, but I'm not quite ready to give up incline flys/presses yet. If it matters, my budget is around 600, and my max bench is just under 315.
    Which adjustable bench have you found to be the best for flat bench? Right now I'm between Rep's AB-5200, AB-5000, Ironmaster's Super Bench Pro with a hybrid pad, and Rogue's AB-2.

On a separate note, why has no manufacturer slapped a true fat/wide pad on an adjustable bench yet? The pad gap problem would be non-existent if using an ironmaster style bench, and if you needed to use a ladder style, if the back-pad were extended to be full length, the gap wouldn't matter for flat bench. I really can't see why no one has done it yet.

Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Unstumpable is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have the ab-2 and I love it. The gap on it doesn’t bother me for flat benching. I’m 6’1 so if you’re taller that might be an issue.

ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have the AB-5200 and sold my FB-5000 w/wide pad. I thought I wouldn't like the AB for flat bench since I was used to the wide pad but it hasn't been bad at all and I don't plan on buying the FB-5000 again.

thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I can't say enough good things about the IronMaster Pro. I just got one a couple of months ago. I don't do much flat barbell benching, but with flat dumbbell pressing it's rock stable. I don't use the wide pad, I prefer the narrower. I love the fact that it's a no gap FID. My only know is that the detachable seat for inclines/overheads is fairly small, but I haven't had any issues. I love the fact that it's lower to the ground, 17.5" I believe.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I can't say enough good things about the IronMaster Pro. I just got one a couple of months ago. I don't do much flat barbell benching, but with flat dumbbell pressing it's rock stable. I don't use the wide pad, I prefer the narrower. I love the fact that it's a no gap FID. My only know is that the detachable seat for inclines/overheads is fairly small, but I haven't had any issues. I love the fact that it's lower to the ground, 17.5" I believe.
    I'm very happy with the IronMaster Pro as well. It will outperform any pop-pin or ladder style bench in terms of adjust-ability, and outside of military press I don't even use the seat for regular incline work. Then if you ever wanted to swap the pads out with a commercial product it would be relatively easy, Edge Fitness Systems makes some excellent aftermarket padding that is 12" and they would cut it down to size. The only two gripes I could see anyone having with the bench is that it doesn't have a handle for mobility and they don't offer a 'Commercial' line as beefy as the REP AB-5200 or Rogue AB-2 benches. But for home gym use it's hard to imagine needing something better in terms of strength.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll echo the praise for the Ironmaster Pro. I don't use it for flat benching because I also have a Rep FB-5000, but if I had to keep one bench, I'd go with Ironmaster and probably pick up the hybrid pad. if I'd thought about it sooner, I would have done that at the beginning of the Covid hysteria and sold the FB-5000 for a profit.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been using the Rogue adj 2.0 during the lock down and its been very good. I really like the height of the bench since I can generate a lot of leg drive.