Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb Working out is like work for me

My brother is the one who got me into working out,while I started with jogging with my dad.Now it’s been many years of continuous working out and I had learnt a lot,body weight mostly and the past one year I was lifting dumbbells and barbell I the gym.I know I didn’t learn ALL the move but I have learn enough to hit most muscle group.I am not a working in the fitness industry,but I treated my workout like it’s a daily goal to complete.

I enjoy the world of soccer,Lionel Messi,Cristiano Ronaldo,but when I get injured playing football,I felt it stops my daily goal or working out and I have quit soccer many times,I mean soccer to me is fun while working out to me is a chore.Really sorry to say that but up till now I am still working out constantly.I guess my interest is not working out,hence I plateau very easily,I could do the same routine for 2-3 month before making small switches.

I really know the benefit of working out regularly,like looking better on clothes,feel more confident and all sort...but would sticking to workout out even if it seems like a chore benefit me or should I stop working out and concentrate on things that make me imagine,inspire like football/soccer?

I know many bodybuilder is inspirational to many people here and I respect them.Working out is easy,being consistent is the difficult path...

Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mobc1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is it possible to force myself to like working out more,even though soccer is what I liked atm.The reason I like soccer because it’s easy,unlike working out,it tires you out and doing it regularly can be repetitive unlike soccer where you get to different situation most of the time.I still prioritise working out over soccer even though i felt tired working out somehow

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mobc1990 View Post
    Is it possible to force myself to like working out more,even though soccer is what I liked atm.The reason I like soccer because it’s easy,unlike working out,it tires you out and doing it regularly can be repetitive unlike soccer where you get to different situation most of the time.I still prioritise working out over soccer even though i felt tired working out somehow
    Maybe you're taking on too much at one time? Soccer is very high-energy, and both physically and cognitively demanding (I don't know if you're on a competitive team?). Now put consistently hard weight training on top of your regular soccer practice... You're going to feel tired, especially if you cannot recover adequately with restorative sleep, eating enough whole grains and complete proteins (for example) for fuel, staying hydrated, allowing some downtime, etc, etc...

I wonder how you train? Maybe you need to do less overall volume, or progressive overload starting with the right weight, so you can have enough energy practicing what you really love- a fun sport such as soccer! Have you taken a look at the "stickies" in the workout programming sub-forum (at the top portion of the site)? I would look at a balanced weight training routine such as "Fierce 5."

Give a professionally designed and balanced program a try first. See if that restores some energy for you. But remember, adding any hard weight training to a (competitive) sport will produce a certain amount of fatigue. You'll have to figure out how to balance all your priorities by giving yourself some time, and then seeing what adjustments need to be made. Good luck and stay safe!!
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

I have been doing for many years,and always been thinking of giving up but I would still do it because all my family worked out.My father jog,my mother go to the gym to lift smaller weights and cardio.My brother lift heavy and some cardio,I always balanced my cardio and lift light weights.I do for the sake of doing it,I mean I have no goal in mind...I maintain my routine and weight,my body is built of course it’s not elite compare to professional.I didn’t want to stop training because I thought it is a positive or good thing to do and in my mind it’s hardest.Working out for many years and prioritise it is really not easy.

I didn’t care about my diet,I mean I tried to eat healthier but it’s no way near what I should have done considering how I trained...I am thinking even if I follow a diet plan and continue my work out,what’s the point...sorry for the negativity.

If I am not injured during playing soccer,I am more able to workout because if I work out I play better soccer tbh

Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    Maybe you're taking on too much at one time? Soccer is very high-energy, and both physically and cognitively demanding (I don't know if you're on a competitive team?). Now put consistently hard weight training on top of your regular soccer practice... You're going to feel tired, especially if you cannot recover adequately with restorative sleep, eating enough whole grains and complete proteins (for example) for fuel, staying hydrated, allowing some downtime, etc, etc...

I wonder how you train? Maybe you need to do less overall volume, or progressive overload starting with the right weight, so you can have enough energy practicing what you really love- a fun sport such as soccer! Have you taken a look at the "stickies" in the workout programming sub-forum (at the top portion of the site)? I would look at a balanced weight training routine such as "Fierce 5."

Give a professionally designed and balanced program a try first. See if that restores some energy for you. But remember, adding any hard weight training to a (competitive) sport will produce a certain amount of fatigue. You'll have to figure out how to balance all your priorities by giving yourself some time, and then seeing what adjustments need to be made. Good luck and stay safe!!
    I could do soccer and working out,but I always get injured when playing soccer hence it affected me and I had to stop working out for weeks.My daily goal to to complete my workout,but if I play soccer I felt easier and there is a reason for me to workout because working out,and I play better soccer...if I did not work out,I didn’t have the strength or stamina to play soccer better

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have been doing for many years,and always been thinking of giving up but I would still do it because all my family worked out.My father jog,my mother go to the gym to lift smaller weights and cardio.My brother lift heavy and some cardio,I always balanced my cardio and lift light weights.I do for the sake of doing it,I mean I have no goal in mind...I maintain my routine and weight,my body is built of course it’s not elite compare to professional.I didn’t want to stop training because I thought it is a positive or good thing to do and in my mind it’s hardest.Working out for many years and prioritise it is really not easy.

I didn’t care about my diet,I mean I tried to eat healthier but it’s no way near what I should have done considering how I trained...I am thinking even if I follow a diet plan and continue my work out,what’s the point...sorry for the negativity.

If I am not injured during playing soccer,I am more able to workout because if I work out I play better soccer tbh
    You have to lift for YOURSELF...because YOU want to put in that effort and YOU love the results/rewards you get for doing something you derive meaning from. It's very helpful that your whole family has positively influenced you in this regard!! I think that's great! But I also understand that positive long-term motivation needs to come from within. If you have been doing this for a while, without a "specific" purpose, then that tells me you are a highly disciplined person who follows through with determination! You just need to set the right individual goals for YOURSELF!

What I'm getting from your post is this: You have been training, like most people, because you know it's the healthy thing to do. It's a constructive and positive hobby with so many overall healthy benefits for anyone!! And that's more than a good enough reason to start! But maybe now it's time to set just a couple of specific short-term goals to KEEP you motivated to train!! We already know you have that self-discipline!

So think about what you want to accomplish within the next few months...something you feel you've been lacking. You mention your diet hasn't been a focal point before. It's extremely important, especially when you're very physically active!! Have you taken a look at the nutritional sub-forum (at the top of the site)? There's a wealth of info located in the "stickies"- everything from calculating calories to macros to different "types" of nutritional plans. I suspect that if you consumed enough of the right fuel, you would have more energy to grow stronger and continue playing some damn good soccer!! You have to give that a try...add some good fuel and hydration (electrolyte water) to your daily routine.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50) calfenvy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ronnie Coleman — 'Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights.'

Originally Posted by calfenvy View Post
    Ronnie Coleman — 'Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights.'
    He’s a professional and earn money for working out.I think I did enough for my daily workout...
    The only advantage of working out is that I don’t get injured compared to sports

bemegc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can absolutely injure yourself lifting weights; just ask Yates or Levrone, or check all the posts in this forum of people complaining about injuries.
    If you are genuinely not in the risk of being injured you're not lifting very heavy ("heavy" being relative to your own maximum) and/or pushing yourself hard.

xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Agreed, there is real chance of injury if you don't lift properly.

xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My brother is the one who got me into working out,while I started with jogging with my dad.Now it’s been many years of continuous working out and I had learnt a lot,body weight mostly and the past one year I was lifting dumbbells and barbell I the gym.I know I didn’t learn ALL the move but I have learn enough to hit most muscle group.I am not a working in the fitness industry,but I treated my workout like it’s a daily goal to complete.

I enjoy the world of soccer,Lionel Messi,Cristiano Ronaldo,but when I get injured playing football,I felt it stops my daily goal or working out and I have quit soccer many times,I mean soccer to me is fun while working out to me is a chore.Really sorry to say that but up till now I am still working out constantly.I guess my interest is not working out,hence I plateau very easily,I could do the same routine for 2-3 month before making small switches.

I really know the benefit of working out regularly,like looking better on clothes,feel more confident and all sort...but would sticking to workout out even if it seems like a chore benefit me or should I stop working out and concentrate on things that make me imagine,inspire like football/soccer?

I know many bodybuilder is inspirational to many people here and I respect them.Working out is easy,being consistent is the difficult path...
    Do you want to be a bodybuilder or a soccer player? If you're trying to become really good at one it'll take away from the other.

I was an amateur boxer for about five years and lifted regularly throughout that time. But, I could only dedicate so much time to lifting as there was so much more training I had to dedicate myself to in order to compete. If you still like lifting, you may just have to do less of it.

I only lifted a couple days a week doing mostly functional training that aided me in boxing.. like squats, core, etc. But the last thing I wanted to do was bulk up and move up weight classes. So I wasn't doing a ton of reps per week and wasn't overloading all that much.

Now, I'm done competing and spend way more time lifting as my interests have shifted. Point is, prioritize what you like doing the most. Whether you stay active playing soccer or lifting.. you're doing something good either way.

Amateur boxer turned bodybuilder...

Hit me up on Sherdog.. TeTe

Road to 190@15% bf

June 2020 = 185 @20.5% bf
    June 2021 = 183 @18.2% bf