Milkboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting adjustable dumbbells into position

Hi all,

I've been trying to keep up with my routine in "isolation" or "quarantine" or whatever you want to call it.
    My only downside is that I've been using adjustable dumbbells, and when i seat them on my legs, they dig in.

I have hella skinny legs, so they really dig into the bone and it hurts like no tomorrow. I've been swinging the weight up into position, but that's messing up my shoulders.

Any advice on getting them into position without killing my legs?

Thanks.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Assuming I'm guessing right about the type of positioning and dbs you're talking about, rest the "plate" part of the dbs on your thighs by your knee and then "kick" them up one at a time with your knees. Tilt the db slightly if you need to get the end out of the way.

It still may hurt slightly depending on how heavy they are, but it'll hurt less and you'll live. And stop skipping leg day(s).

Milkboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    And stop skipping leg day.
    Don't skip it, I'm just small

Appreciate the advice tho

Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just sit them diagonally on my thighs with the rod ends pointing in toward my crotch and kick them up like normal.

MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MajorTendonitis has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Power hooks

https://uedata.amazon.com/6271-Power.../dp/B00000ELZ5

Although I see there unavailable at the moment

Attached Images

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Xpiro answer is the right one.
    You'll have to maneuver them just right but it still may be uncomfortable.
    It's not going to be perfect.

The power hooks are nice but changing them up every set can be a hassle.

VTLifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) VTLifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) VTLifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) VTLifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) VTLifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) VTLifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) VTLifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) VTLifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) VTLifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) VTLifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) VTLifts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Milkboi View Post
    Hi all,

I've been trying to keep up with my routine in "isolation" or "quarantine" or whatever you want to call it.
    My only downside is that I've been using adjustable dumbbells, and when i seat them on my legs, they dig in.

I have hella skinny legs, so they really dig into the bone and it hurts like no tomorrow. I've been swinging the weight up into position, but that's messing up my shoulders.

Any advice on getting them into position without killing my legs?

Thanks.
    I battled this myself and found the best solution was to get another pair of spinlock collars and loosely put it on the end such that it sticks out further than the point from the dumbbell. So you will have two collars on each end. One tightly holding the weights and one loosely on overhanging the end.

This increased surface area makes it manageable to rest on your legs and kick them up into position.