Thread: Raise heavy bag

mlamp89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Raise heavy bag

Hello, I just moved and installed my heavy bag on a I-beam and would like to raise it. So I'm thinking the straps need tied, just wondering if anyone has done it. Curious how to tie the straps to maintain their strength and longevity? I do not have access above the beam, I just bought one of those clamps that go on the bottom sides of the beam and the ring from the heavy bag straps is on a long bolt between the clamps.

Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had this problem with my massive Title bag. I measured the length/width of the I-beam on each side and cut strips of 3/4" OSB to size. Then I drilled 1 small hole on each side of the I-beam for a 5mm bolt at each end of the OSB strips. Heavy bag trolley now sits on the OSB. If your bag is stationary, then you may not even have to drill. If you need a little more height, use thicker wood or stack pieces.

Last edited by Duplicitous; 05-19-2020 at 09:10 PM.