rul95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rul95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rul95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rul95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rul95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rul95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rul95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rul95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rul95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rul95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rul95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is it doable to get rid of these love handles in 1/2 months? How can I do it?

Hey!

I'm 6'2" and I weigh around 174lbs I have been lifting some weights and doing some cardio, especially HIIT workouts. I noticed some progress but I still have these love handles and some low belly fat. I really wanna have some visible abs this summer so I'd like to know what are your tips for it!

Hope you all taking care

Thanks
    Attached Images

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rul95 View Post
    Hey!

I'm 6'2" and I weigh around 174lbs I have been lifting some weights and doing some cardio, especially HIIT workouts. I noticed some progress but I still have these love handles and some low belly fat. I really wanna have some visible abs this summer so I'd like to know what are your tips for it!

Hope you all taking care

Thanks
    You need more muscle to look decent with abs. I'd guess you'll have to get to at least 160 (maybe lower) to get rid of the love handles and see if you have visible abs. 6' 2" and 160 is just skinny, not fit. (Ever heard the saying "abs on a skinny dude are as impressive as big boobs on a fat woman.'? )

Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1 to 2 months? No.

1 to 2 years of first dieting down to the 10%-12% body fat range (right now you are above 20%) and then building yourself up to the point where your body has enough muscle to potentially have developed abs? Possibly.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I really suggest focusing on muscle building instead of fat loss at this point. When a person says they want to see abs, I have to assume that they want positive changes in their appearance. Of the two options--fat loss or muscle gain--the biggest bang for your buck, appearance-wise, is going to be muscle gain. I'm not saying to go on a dreamer bulk but eating at maintenance or slightly above while really pushing yourself with weights is going to make a world of difference.

Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    I'm not saying to go on a dreamer bulk but eating at maintenance or slightly above while really pushing yourself with weights is going to make a world of difference.
    I have to disagree.

IMO it is extremely unlikely that someone completely new to the process is going to manage a successful "Lean bulk" right out of the gate with no experience at all in knowing how to manage their calories.

The "Lean bulk" of eating at just above maintenance while working out is potentially a valid plan for someone that has already gone through the process of learning how to figure out their daily calories, accurately track what they eat and has developed the discipline required to stick to those habits for literally months at a time.

Those are the skills usually developed through a person having successfully dieted down to a specific goal weight/BF level over weeks and months of trial and error learning both what works and how to stick with it.

Things which the OP hasn't done yet.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    I have to disagree.

IMO it is extremely unlikely that someone completely new to the process is going to manage a successful "Lean bulk" right out of the gate with no experience at all in knowing how to manage their calories.

The "Lean bulk" of eating at just above maintenance while working out is potentially a valid plan for someone that has already gone through the process of learning how to figure out their daily calories, accurately track what they eat and has developed the discipline required to stick to those habits for literally months at a time.

Those are the skills usually developed through a person having successfully dieted down to a specific goal weight/BF level over weeks and months of trial and error learning both what works and how to stick with it.

Things which the OP hasn't done yet.
    How is gaining at a slow to moderate rate any different from losing at a slow to moderate rate? You have to start out with an estimated calorie level, try it for 3-4 weeks, and then adjust up/down based on results either way. I think that somebody who is disciplined enough (whether through natural tendency or purposeful effort) to be only 174 at 6'2" likely can handle that without first dieting down to twig status.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hey!

Hope you all taking care

Thanks
    You need to get away from the "ab" mindset for now. Focus on learning proper nutrition and get on a proven weightlifting program. You lack overall muscle and you won't get abs until you change your overall body composition and add muscle overall. You'll get abs in a year or 2 if you do things right and have patience. If this sounds overwhelming and you're not prepared to do the work then you can kiss the dream of a good set of abs goodbye. Why do you think that VERY few guys have visable abs?
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    1 to 2 months? No.

1 to 2 years of first dieting down to the 10%-12% body fat range (right now you are above 20%) and then building yourself up to the point where your body has enough muscle to potentially have developed abs? Possibly.
    I really suggest focusing on muscle building instead of fat loss at this point. When a person says they want to see abs, I have to assume that they want positive changes in their appearance. Of the two options--fat loss or muscle gain--the biggest bang for your buck, appearance-wise, is going to be muscle gain. I'm not saying to go on a dreamer bulk but eating at maintenance or slightly above while really pushing yourself with weights is going to make a world of difference.
    I believe the OP will go with a third option: do nothing and ask again in a few months.

Hi,

If someone could see me in the street would say I'm skinny, skinny legs, skinny arms, not belly... but when it comes to my waist, specially my back waist, it looks like there's fat there I'm not able to burn. What can I do? And I would like to build muscle but I wonder I have to burn that fat first?
    Hi, I'm 21, 186 and 74kg (6`1" and 163 lbs)

I am skinny but I think I have some fat just in the waist area, I don't know what should I do to get rid of it because I want to build muscle but I don't know if it will be fine without losing this fat in there.

Thanks
    Hey!

So I've never been really fat but I've always had some love handles. Since two months I've been training for a while and following a diet, and I still keep those love handles, I don't know if I should cut or bulk, I feel like I should cut maybe, but I don't really know! Someone help me! I added pics

Thanks!
    Hey!

I'm trying to build a six pack and I don't know if it would be better to cut or to bulk. I've done some progress so far but I feel like I still have some low back fat.

Someone can help me?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    You're not a candidate for a cut, opie.

Stop posting these 'cut' threads.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

How is gaining at a slow to moderate rate any different from losing at a slow to moderate rate? You have to start out with an estimated calorie level, try it for 3-4 weeks, and then adjust up/down based on results either way. I think that somebody who is disciplined enough (whether through natural tendency or purposeful effort) to be only 174 at 6'2" likely can handle that without first dieting down to twig status.
    Frankly, for someone like the OP that clearly has fat to lose, leaning how to weigh/measure/log literally everything that he eats while dieting means that there is less overall chance of his making mistakes that could require many, many months of additional work to correct further down the road.

Because when you are trying to lose weight, you are either losing weight or you aren't and if you are then (at least after the first week or so of water losses) you can be fairly certain that most of what you are you are losing is fat.

In the case of dieting first, the most likely "bad" scenario is that he "stalls" for a few weeks while learning what his maintenance calories, TDEE and what the actual caloric values of the foods that he eats really are.

On the other hand, with bulking, especially if you have little to no experience counting calories and tracking macros, it is ridiculously easy to overeat and then simply convince yourself that the pounds that are going on are mostly "gains" rather than fat and usually by the time that the person figures out the truth they now have a couple of pounds of actual new muscle along with an extra 10-20+ pounds of unwanted fat on their frame that they will then need to lose.