rebelliom is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I take high protein I haven't worked out for 2 months. (Images Attached)

Hey everyone,

I haven't worked out for like 2 months due to lockdown and my protein has been really low like these two months.

I haven't gained any weight or lost any weight and my weight is the same for the past 2 months.

I gained like 1-2 kgs and came back to the same old weight i.e 68.5KG or 151lbs again.

I dropped my weight from 76kg to 68.5kg before lockdown and my waist size came from 36 to 31.5 inches.

According to Navy body fat formula online my body fat is around 15% but I posted on a thread here and it came out to be around 22% according to the person.

Will my body fat increase even if my weight is the same? Would 100g of protein would be ideal if I really have to have some protein in my diet?
    Please guide I am a bit confused right now.

I am still in caloric deficit by the way. I've attached my current pictures.

My height: 5'7"
    Weight: 151lbs

Thanks,
    Attached Images

faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yes, you should still eat enough protein
    positive crew

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    yes, you should still eat enough protein
    Thanks for replying mate,

What has happened up there? Did I lose like a whole lot of muscle mass or what?
    What is my estimate BF according to you?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't rely on trying to measure BF% with any kind of precision. If your weight hasn't changed much, it's unlikely that your muscle mass has either - but you might notice drops in muscle glycogen, inflammation and creatine levels - all of which can make you look smaller and maybe lose some scale weight.

By the way - are you literally doing no training? Try looking at greg nuckols' guide to gymless training:

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/no-gym/

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Don't rely on trying to measure BF% with any kind of precision. If your weight hasn't changed much, it's unlikely that your muscle mass has either - but you might notice drops in muscle glycogen, inflammation and creatine levels - all of which can make you look smaller and maybe lose some scale weight.

By the way - are you literally doing no training? Try looking at greg nuckols' guide to gymless training:
    Thanks for replying.

Yeah! I've not been doing any training.

I really have a hard time figuring out my body fat percentage then is there any way to find it near accurate without spending loads of dollars.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No is the simple answer. Even if you spend a lot of money, you still won't get anything that reliable.

If you can't tell from looking - then the only way you'll know if you lost muscle is when you start training again - after about 4-6 weeks, your strength levels should be back where they were before. If not then maybe you did lose muscle.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    No is the simple answer. Even if you spend a lot of money, you still won't get anything that reliable.

If you can't tell from looking - then the only way you'll know if you lost muscle is when you start training again - after about 4-6 weeks, your strength levels should be back where they were before. If not then maybe you did lose muscle.
    I'll see what I can do for the training part and keep my protein high up to 100grams right now.

I will leave a reply how it goes so people who might be in the same boat as mine can know.

Thanks, mate.Seems like the mirror is only my friend right now lol.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rebelliom View Post
    Thanks for replying.

Yeah! I've not been doing any training.

I really have a hard time figuring out my body fat percentage then is there any way to find it near accurate without spending loads of dollars.
    It's more important to have an idea whether it's going up or down. For men, an easy, reliable indicator is waist measurement.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500) mdwilson2011 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hey dude, before I start, just understand I'm trying to help you. I was a skinny fat dude who didn't know what the heck to do to change my physique 2 years ago.

You've posted the same basic questions multiple times in different parts of the forum. I'm gonna tell you right now that you're not focused on the right things. You're worried about if you're 20% or 15% bf, 100 vs 120g protein, and posting the same pictures expecting someone to tell you you'll be shredded in no time. It boils down to this: you need to stop worrying about the minutia and start focusing on the things that matter.

There are so many stickies on this site that most people don't bother reading them, as they can create information overload. I'll give you the cliffnotes version of what you should be focusing on. This is by no means comprehensive, but will get you pointed in the right direction.

Sleep: You need to sleep 7-9 quality hours every night. This is not negotiable. Yes, I know Arnold said 6 is enough. You're not Arnold, you need more. Sleeping is when you recover and grow, and it is arguably the most important aspect of training.

Diet: Eat 1g protein per 1lb of LEAN body mass. For you, that's about 120g. If you eat less than 100g consistently, it's probably not ideal. At your current stats, you should eat around maintenance making sure you hit your protein goal. Don't worry about cutting or bulking, you're not advanced enough for that to matter yet.

Training: Millions of words have been written on how you should train, luckily as a beginner you only need a few words. If you don't remember anything, remember this: Your training foundation should be performing all the main compound lifts with a focus on PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD. These lifts include the squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press, bent over row, pull ups, dips. You can progressively overload by adding more weight, more sets, more reps, less rest, slower reps, faster reps, etc. This takes a VERY LONG TIME. You won't see meaningful results for at least 6 months or a year, assuming you're doing everything correctly. Track your workouts with an app, or you won't know if you're progressing.

**As a side note, the fact that you haven't trained in 2 months is kind of ridiculous. Since you're a square 1 beginner, you could have actually built muscle and improved your work capacity considerably with just home stuff. Discipline seems like something you need to work on. Without it, you'll not be lifting weights in 3 months or less.

Have fun and good luck.

Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. You are "doughy" and definitely over 20% BF.

2. "The gyms are closed" is no excuse not to do at least some kind of workout. There are videos and tutorials literally all over the internet showing how to get a workout cobbled together with things from around the house. Hell, even a 40 minute "bodyweight, calisthenic" workout would be better than doing nothing every day.

3. Eat around 120g-160g or protein/day. your body needs it to build/retain lean mass and since protein is generally more satisfying than carbs you tend to eat a bit less when you eat more protein.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    It's more important to have an idea whether it's going up or down. For men, an easy, reliable indicator is waist measurement.
    My waist is around 31.5 inches.
    I wonder how low I have to go any idea?

Thanks,

Originally Posted by mdwilson2011 View Post
    Hey dude, before I start, just understand I'm trying to help you. I was a skinny fat dude who didn't know what the heck to do to change my physique 2 years ago.

You've posted the same basic questions multiple times in different parts of the forum. I'm gonna tell you right now that you're not focused on the right things. You're worried about if you're 20% or 15% bf, 100 vs 120g protein, and posting the same pictures expecting someone to tell you you'll be shredded in no time. It boils down to this: you need to stop worrying about the minutia and start focusing on the things that matter.

There are so many stickies on this site that most people don't bother reading them, as they can create information overload. I'll give you the cliffnotes version of what you should be focusing on. This is by no means comprehensive, but will get you pointed in the right direction.

Sleep: You need to sleep 7-9 quality hours every night. This is not negotiable. Yes, I know Arnold said 6 is enough. You're not Arnold, you need more. Sleeping is when you recover and grow, and it is arguably the most important aspect of training.

Diet: Eat 1g protein per 1lb of LEAN body mass. For you, that's about 120g. If you eat less than 100g consistently, it's probably not ideal. At your current stats, you should eat around maintenance making sure you hit your protein goal. Don't worry about cutting or bulking, you're not advanced enough for that to matter yet.

Training: Millions of words have been written on how you should train, luckily as a beginner you only need a few words. If you don't remember anything, remember this: Your training foundation should be performing all the main compound lifts with a focus on PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD. These lifts include the squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press, bent over row, pull ups, dips. You can progressively overload by adding more weight, more sets, more reps, less rest, slower reps, faster reps, etc. This takes a VERY LONG TIME. You won't see meaningful results for at least 6 months or a year, assuming you're doing everything correctly. Track your workouts with an app, or you won't know if you're progressing.

**As a side note, the fact that you haven't trained in 2 months is kind of ridiculous. Since you're a square 1 beginner, you could have actually built muscle and improved your work capacity considerably with just home stuff. Discipline seems like something you need to work on. Without it, you'll not be lifting weights in 3 months or less.

Have fun and good luck.
    I apologize,
    Thanks for clarifying things up for me.

I've been lifting for quite a while now. Like over 4 years maybe. I've hardly made any progress I know.
    That's why I am focusing on cut right now to 10% before I actually bulk up because I wasn't consistent with a good diet.

Every time I bulked up I ended up putting on some more fat and it has been a never-ending cycle for me now.
    That's why going down to 10% is what I need right now.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    1. You are "doughy" and definitely over 20% BF.

2. "The gyms are closed" is no excuse not to do at least some kind of workout. There are videos and tutorials literally all over the internet showing how to get a workout cobbled together with things from around the house. Hell, even a 40 minute "bodyweight, calisthenic" workout would be better than doing nothing every day.

3. Eat around 120g-160g or protein/day. your body needs it to build/retain lean mass and since protein is generally more satisfying than carbs you tend to eat a bit less when you eat more protein.
    I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks a lot