cuong2991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Lyle Ultimate Diet 2.0 Log

So I have finished the first phase of my diet (mid Feb to mid May). My weight went from 79.6kg to 74.3kg as of today. that's 5.3kg in 9 weeks (I had 2 weeks diet break beginning of April, and then another week at maintenance because of mental fatigue). I have posted the results below, not sure not to make of the results. I look basically the same even 5kg lighter, guess I underestimated my body fat %, like most people do haha.

While I was doing my research about Yohimbine I stumbled upon Lyle's book The Ultimate Diet 2.0. Interesting read and very informative. I have been doing leangains up until this point and even though it still produces results (losing roughly 0.5kg per week), it was getting tedious and boring, plus my strengths started to get affected and lifting heavy does not feel like a joy anymore. I would still get through the workout, but with much less enthusiasm.

My stats as of today
    Squat: 140kg 5x5 - 142.5kg 1x2
    DL: 150kg 5x5 - 162.5kg 1x3
    DB Press: 72kg 3x8 - 84kg 3x6

So, today is Cycle 1 Day 1 for me. I plan to do at least 6 cycles, maybe 8 if I can last that long, and will try to follow everything to a T. Decided to start this log so I can hold myself accountable, and if any of you have tried UD2.0 before and have any advice to give I'd greatly appreciated it. If you have a log please send it my way too. Cheers. Will update my diet and training later tonight. Cheers!
    Attached Images

CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well done on the weight loss so far - great start and it's definitely noticeable from your images.

I've not heard of the UD before, so interested to hear your experiences. I'm a big believer in CI-CO and it's worked well for me, but I always like to learn more about other experiences.
    A.L.L. Leukemia 2009 - 2012
    Brain haemorrhage 2009
    Hip replacements 2010 & 2011
    Eating Disorder 2016 - 2022
    Collapsed Talus 2020 - (Surgery August '22)

Originally Posted by CBRIT89 View Post
    Well done on the weight loss so far - great start and it's definitely noticeable from your images.

I've not heard of the UD before, so interested to hear your experiences. I'm a big believer in CI-CO and it's worked well for me, but I always like to learn more about other experiences.
    Thank you. I've only learned about it like a week ago. Bought the book and what he wrote was pretty interesting, that's why I decided to try it. CI-CO means Cal in-Cal out I presumed?

Day 1 is over. Stats: 74.3kg, waist 85.6cm.

As for nutrition, on Day 1-3 I'm taking in 1400cals from food and doing 45mins LISS fasted in the morning coupled with Yohimbine (burns around 200cals) which put me around 1200cal on average. Macros come at 70C/205P/33F. I included pic of my meal (chicken breast, egg white, sweet potatoes, and veggies).

As for the depletion workout, even though I have read a lot of logs to prepared myself mentally, I didn't really know how hard it would be until I actually do it haha. I kept cursing at myself the whole time especially during those last reps, the burn was insane. I am so used to low/moderate reps training for so long that high reps are like torture to me. I got the nausea he was talking about, almost puked like at least 5 times (the smell of fish oil and chicken breast lingered in my throat was nasty). Luckily no headache.

And now I can see why Lyle recommends using machines for these depletion workouts because in an energy-depleted state, one mishap gonna cost you. I read on someone's log that he pulled his lower back just from re-racking weights :cautious:. Just shows how vulnerable our body is when there's not much energy to use.

The funny thing about the workout is, I hate it while I was doing it, but love it after I've finished 😂. This kind of training is like a new challenge for me and I'm proud of myself for getting through with it. Not sure how long this kind of optimism will last haha

My body is beat. Hopefully I can get a good night sleep tonight.
    Attached Images

C1D2 - 73.3kg ( ⬇ 1kg)

Woke up feeling good. My whole body aches but not to the point of unbearable. Did my morning cardio with Yohimbine (up to 5 pills, my dosage is 7). Got the cold sweat that people talk about but besides that nothing major, no anxiety issue. Gonna up my dosage tomorrow.

The depletion workout for today is even worse than yesterday (I should have known). Got both the headache and the nausea. Took slightly longer rest between sets but still managed to finish it. However I had no appetite for dinner, and almost puked while eating my chicken breasts. Weird.

C1D3 - 72.8kg (⬇ 0.5kg - ⬇1.5kg from D1)

I had about four hours of sleep last night. Went to bed early but couldn't sleep. I suspect the extra scoop of C4 might be the culprit. And after the second depletion workout my whole body was aching (especially legs) to the point that I might get cramps on my calves in the middle of the night.

So needless to say, my morning was crap. I looked like a zombie, with a body of one to match. Could have skipped the cardio, but I didn't. And I actually felt better afterwards. Also did some foam rolling and the aches subside. I will remember to foam roll after every depletion workout from now on.

Anyway, I survived the hardest days of the week. Can't wait for those bagels tomorrow night 😋😋😋

C1D4 AM - 72.8kg ( same - ⬇1.5kg from D1)

900cal/55C/133P/32F

Went to bed early last night and got a solid 7 hours of sleep (could have been more but had to wake up to pee). Nevertheless I felt great, full of energy, and since I had two hours to spare before class started, I decided to do my cardio first instead of waiting till around noon. Lyle said Day 4 morning would be tough, I felt the opposite, not sure if it means that I'm not glycogen-depleted enough (?). However, I looked great in the mirror. Finished classes then went to get my allotted 7 bagels for the carb up. Got a few stares on the MRT, guess Taiwanese aren't used to people walking around with that many bagels 😂. Also tried the new Mustard & Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin recipe. Moist and tasty. I might substitute this for chicken breast on Day1/2/3. After all these months I'm getting sick of chicken breasts.

Will update later tonight, in the meantime, enjoy my spreadsheet
    Attached Images
    Last edited by cuong2991; 05-22-2020 at 02:34 AM.

C1D4 - 74kg (⬆ 1.8kg - ⬇ 0.3kg from D1)

Macros for D4 PM - D5
    4500cal/709C/65F/200P

Ha. Weight gain (or more like water gain). And after only one high carb meal at night yesterday. I wonder what my weight will be tomorrow. However I look just as lean as I was yesterday.

However thanks to that high-carb meal I got a solid 8.5 hours of sleep. Felt great. Did some cardio x yohimbine fasted in the morning (totally forgot Lyle recommends against thermogenic on carb-up day).

I did make some changes to the plan. I was gonna make bagels the staple of my carb source, however, I have decided against the idea. 1) Bagels here aren't the same as the ones in the States, 2) plain bagel without cream cheese ( and a lot of it) just doesn't do it for me. So I decided to have pasta as the carb source for all of my meals. Taking in more than half a kilo of pasta in 30 hours is fun. I love it. Plus I think sticking to one carb source would be beneficial for me when I need to evaluate my reaction to the carb-up tomorrow. If there is no bloating then I will stick to it, if there is then I will switch to white rice next week. The only hard thing is the minimal amount of meat I get to eat with the pasta. The pasta alone already accounts for half of my protein of the day :cry:

I did feel a bit drowsiness. But I'm glad there is one day where I get to eat a lot and be a couch potato while doing it. Before during rest days my calorie intake was too low that being at rest wasn't exactly comfortable.

All in all, so far so good.

Phoenix2cool is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Now, I am also doing a workout for weight loss. I am 25years old. Some months back I am in normal weight around 50 to 60kgs. Gradually it increases to 70 to 80kgs. I don't know how I am changed. Then, I decided to start a workout to reduce my weight. I keep doing workout daily this is a 20th-day workout. I check my weight every week till now I decrease 2kgs. I feel its a good result for me. I can't stop this workout till I am going to the normal weight.