Thread: 2 questions

fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question 2 questions

Trying to gain some mass and overall get in shape. Have done PPL and upper/lower body split. Been going to the gym for under a year. Can or should I try a “bro split”? Or should you do a bro split once you gain the body type/mass that you want? Thanks

philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    While lots of people train successfully with bro splits in general the science literature seems to indicate they are not optimal for building muscle.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Everyone's body is different. You need to find a split/routine that works for fieldmedic. For me, PPLrULr works. I was doing a PPLPPlr but that was killing me. You could try a 3 day full body or any one of the other splits.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I'm assuming you are talking about training each bodypart once per week here.

It will work well enough. There is a potential for it to be suboptimal - but then there are a load of other things that commonly cause problems in routines - the chiefest of these being consistency and achieving progressive overload. So if (for some reason) you achieve these better doing a bro split then you will achieve better results - because they outweigh the importance of frequency.

Another downside of lower frequency is that you get very sore, especially after leg day. Some people mistakenly think this is because it's working better - but soreness can actually hinder progress in some cases.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IMHO, I think it would depend on how much weight you are lifting for each body part during each and every session. If you are consistently lifting weight closer to your max (relative to your body weight) for every hard set, every time you hit the gym, then you will find you can't do that same weight 3x a week. I would become burned out in no time, due to lack of adequate recovery. I can't imagine back barbel squatting 2x my bodyweight three times a week, on top of everything else I do consistently (I hit lower 2x/week). In order for me to recover (to hit that number 3x/week, within the moderate rep range), I'd have to eliminate hard sets of hack squats, split squats (or walking lunges), leg press, step-ups, pistols (all quad and glute focused), and I don't want to do that. I like the variety in one workout. Maybe it does come down to individual preference/style. But that's what I would have to do- eliminate all the "fun" exercises. Again, this is only my belief for myself, and how fast one can recover from their entire regimen.

This post does NOT refer to traditional powerlifting routines, where you only train 3-4 exercises. That is a different protocol than bodybuilding/recreational lifting.
    Last edited by etet1919; 05-19-2020 at 05:20 AM.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fieldmedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you are a current field medic (rather than a former one, which also deserves much respect), you should consider reading tactical barbell as this is a weights program which balanced training and a physically demanding job

https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Barb.../dp/B01G195QU2